View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 11:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
 Hall of Shame : The NFL's Bad Boys 
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Column: The Night of the Hipple
LionFan57 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
LionFan57....

Is this what you are talking about???

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=69&p=2&c=392385

OMG!!

Wags, how did you find this? You must have searched for hours for this.

Thanks buddy! You the man!
I searched Jeff Komlo in google, it took about 5 mins :D

July 13th, 2005, 3:18 pm
RIP Killer

The News
Cardinals linebacker Leon Joe was arrested June 30 in Washington, D.C. and charged with carrying a pistol without a license. He has a preliminary hearing scheduled for July 19, and a judge will decide whether to proceed with the felony case. If convicted, Joe faces up to five years in prison and/or a maximum $5,000 fine. "At this point Leon denies that he really did anything wrong, and we believe that when the matter is concluded, he will be cleared," Jerrold Colton, Joe's agent, told the Arizona Republic.
Our View
How is Joe expected to combat Destro, Baroness, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Commander without the use of a gun? The linebacker appeared in five games for the Cardinals last year and piled up a tackle. One. If the hearing doesn't go in Joe's favor, the Cardinals should be able to find a suitable replacement on the free agent market.

July 14th, 2005, 7:12 am
Varsity Captain

Im not sure of the exact details but I saw on ESPN this afternoon that Pac Man Jones was arrested for a bar fight in Nashville. Im not sure but I believe someone posted his name earlier in this thread about him being a future bad boy, so whoever did good call.

July 14th, 2005, 9:11 pm
Varsity Captain

Darn shouldve checked page four, sorry about the repost.

July 14th, 2005, 9:11 pm
RIP Killer

believe someone posted his name earlier in this thread about him being a future bad boy, so whoever did good call.

Damn straight! I knew that kid was going to be a thug when I saw him at the draft with all his bling on trying to look like the "Lil" Lil Jon. He'll end up screwing the Titans, just as Taylor may have screwed the Skins and Winslow has screwed the Browns. Titans should have taken Rolle.

July 14th, 2005, 10:36 pm
NFL Team Captain

Did anybody see the video of "Pac Man" being booked in the jail? He looked like some defiant punk gangbanger. He may be right where he belongs. :lol:

July 15th, 2005, 2:22 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post McMichael + Rosenhaus = BS
Quote:
Dolphins | Agent says don't Judge McMichael Too Quickly
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 05:20:53 -0700

Marcus Nelson, of the Palm Beach Post, reports agent Drew Rosenhaus had told people not to judge Miami Dolphins TE Randy McMichael too quickly for his recent arrest for misdemeanor simple battery and criminal trespass charges. "Just like last year, I hope that people will not jump to conclusions," Rosenhaus said on Miami TV station WSVN's Sports Xtra, where he is a regular guest. "Randy was exonerated in the past. We believe he will be again." "I hope people don't think he's guilty until he has the opportunity to have his day in court. I think things are going to work out, I know things are going to work out, for Randy." Rosenhaus said he had spoken to the Dolphins about McMichael's latest arrest and the team is behind McMichael.

I agree, McMichael is entitled to his day in court. I don't question that at all.

I also know - from another report - that four witness's saw him throw his wife out of a car. I'm sure they'll enjoy a day off of work to testify in court too.

July 18th, 2005, 9:16 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I guess nobody read about Rod Coleman? Atlanta Falcons defensive tackle got busted for talking smack to a cop. Coleman wasn't even the driver, but decided to chime in when he and his buddy got pulled over.

Smooth move, Ex-lax!

July 18th, 2005, 9:22 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: McMichael + Rosenhaus = BS
LionFan57 wrote:
Quote:

Marcus Nelson, of the Palm Beach Post, reports agent Drew Rosenhaus had told people not to judge Miami Dolphins TE Randy McMichael too quickly for his recent arrest for misdemeanor simple battery and criminal trespass charges. "Just like last year, I hope that people will not jump to conclusions," Rosenhaus said on Miami TV station WSVN's Sports Xtra, where he is a regular guest. "Randy was exonerated in the past. We believe he will be again." "I hope people don't think he's guilty until he has the opportunity to have his day in court. I think things are going to work out, I know things are going to work out, for Randy." Rosenhaus said he had spoken to the Dolphins about McMichael's latest arrest and the team is behind McMichael.

I agree, McMichael is entitled to his day in court. I don't question that at all.

I also know - from another report - that four witness's saw him throw his wife out of a car. I'm sure they'll enjoy a day off of work to testify in court too.

And if McMichaels does get 'exonerated' then Rosenhaus will talk Randy into holding out from training camp because he isn't happy with his current contract.

July 18th, 2005, 9:35 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: McMichael + Rosenhaus = BS
m2karateman wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
Quote:

And if McMichaels does get 'exonerated' then Rosenhaus will talk Randy into holding out from training camp because he isn't happy with his current contract.

M2K,

You read my mind!

"exonerated" - from the verb exonerate.

Quote:
Entry Word: exonerate
Function: verb
Text:
Synonyms: EXCULPATE, absolve, acquit, clear, disculpate, vindicate
Related Words: disburden, free
Antonyms: incriminate

I have not followed McMichael's past so I have no clue if he even went to trial last time. If he didn't, "Plea Bargined" is a more appropriate term. If he had a trial and was found "Not Guilty" then 'exonerated' technicaly might be accurate but it implies - to me - inocence.

???

It never ceases to amaze me how things can get twisted or spun the way people want.

July 18th, 2005, 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Dolphins | Vickerson Fires His Agent
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 05:31:54 -0700

Harvey Fialkov and Alex Marvez, report for the Sun-Sentinel, Miami Dolphins rookie DL Kevin Vickerson has fired agent Kevin Granader. "The Dolphins made me an original offer June 29 and we responded with a counteroffer," Granader said. "They led me to believe that negotiations would be off their original offer and said it was not going to get much better." The Dolphins have concerns with Vickerson's behavior issues. Apparently he was late for practice, left for a weekend without informing them and was also late at the Rookie Symposium. "Kevin's a great talent, but at this level everyone has talent. The difference is timeliness, coachability and acting appropriately off the field. We've brought Kevin a long way, but changing direction now shows a lack of understanding of what's going on with him. I wish him the best," said Granader. Vickerson's signing-bonus leverage could be affected by a past that includes two arrests while at Michigan State, one for driving with a suspended license, the other for possession of marijuana and having an open intoxicant in his vehicle.

Here is the first installment of a young man destined to become a regular in this thread.

Let me guess who his new agent will be.

July 19th, 2005, 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

What school did Vickerson go to again? :wink:

July 19th, 2005, 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Post Urlacher is a Dad!
Quote:
Bears | Police and Courts: Urlacher
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 07:46:02 -0700

The Chicago Sun-Times reports DNA tests have proven Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher is the father of a two-month-old baby, according to court documents that resulted from Urlacher's lawsuit to prove whether he is the father. Urlacher filed a lawsuit in Will County, where the baby's mother Tyna Marie Robertson lives, to compel DNA testing to prove whether he is the father. Robertson argues in her court filings that she needs financial support from Urlacher to support their daughter. She said Friday night that she and Urlacher were working things out amicably. "Brian considers this a highly personal matter, and in terms of the child's best interests and the parties' best interests, we think we should give no comment, and no one should be really talking about this,'' said Urlacher's attorney, Donald Schiller.

Wrap that Rascal!!

July 23rd, 2005, 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Hopefully that is not one of the news clippings they decide to put in her collage at her wedding when Brian walks her down the aisle :?

July 24th, 2005, 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Damn straight! I knew that kid was going to be a thug when I saw him at the draft with all his bling on trying to look like the "Lil" Lil Jon. He'll end up screwing the Titans, just as Taylor may have screwed the Skins and Winslow has screwed the Browns. Titans should have taken Rolle.

Conversion,

Have you seen this yet?

Quote:
Titans plan to protect themselves in Jones' contract

Saturday July 23, 2005 5:54PM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- The Tennessee Titans care much more about protection than punctuality in negotiating a contract with their top draft pick, Adam "Pacman" Jones.

General manager Floyd Reese prides himself on getting his top draft picks under contract and on to the field for the first practice of training camp. His lone exception since the franchise relocated to Tennessee was defensive tackle in Albert Haynesworth in 2002, a five-day holdout.

But with Jones' arrest on July 13 on a felony vandalism charge and two misdemeanor assault charges stemming from a nightclub fight, the Titans want to make sure the first defensive player taken in April's NFL Draft is able to earn what they pay him.

"I don't think there's anybody in any business, certainly not in the football world, that wouldn't think we need to protect ourselves some way some how," Reese said.

"I think whether they will admit it or not, I think they have to understand that. And I think that will probably make it unique at the minimum, make it a little bit longer, maybe a little bit harder. But it's something we have to do."

Jones' agent, Michael Huyghue, did not return a message left by The Associated Press.

The Titans open training camp on Friday. Reese still hopes to sign Jones by then, but he also expects Jones' agent to use the threat of a holdout to counter the Titans' demands.

"If they understand what we're trying to do, it would be hard to argue with our argument. And I think if they are realistic about it, it won't be an obstacle. If they look at it the other way, that there's not anything we need to worry about, there'll probably be a stumbling block," Reese said.

Hours after Jones was arrested, Huyghue issued a statement that Jones was the victim of "opportunists, who prey on professional athletes for financial gain."

But Robert "Big Daddy" Gaddy, the man who filed the charges, played at Alcorn State with Titans quarterback Steve McNair and has worked as his bodyguard. Gaddy pressed charges two hours after he called police to his club, which is located a block away from the Titans' stadium.

Jones also was in a room at the hotel used by the Titans to house their rookies during training camp when police were called to help security remove someone from the room. Police found marijuana on the table and a bag in the pocket of Lewis Kuffuor, who was arrested on a charge of simple possession.

In April, Georgia authorities investigated a report that Jones was involved in a fight in a nightclub near Atlanta in April, but no charges were filed against him in that case.

The Titans thought they had investigated Jones' character in depth before taking him. He had been placed on one year's probation while at West Virginia for a bar fight in August 2002.

They hope that signing Jones and keeping him busy with football will help give him time to mature. They need the 5-foot-10 cornerback to compete for one of their open starting jobs.

Associated Press via SI.com.

For most other people this would be 3 strikes and out. This kid will no doubt be a headline in this thread again.

July 25th, 2005, 5:12 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next