View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 10:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
 Hall of Shame : The NFL's Bad Boys 
RIP Killer

Quote:
Titans | Veterans will Talk to Jones
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:21:44 -0700

Paul Kuharsky, of the Tennessean, reports several Tennessee Titans veteran players, including QB Steve McNair, plan to speak to Titans' rookie CB Adam Jones about his off-the-field behavior. "I will talk to him, being a leader of this team," said McNair, who's a longtime friend of Robert Gaddy, the nightclub manager who filed assault and vandalism charges against Jones after a July 13 incident.

Pretty bad when the veterans have to basically gang up on an unsigned rookie to get his head straight. I give Pac Man three years in this league before being officially labeled a 'bust' and being jettisoned by the Titans if he keeps up this crap off-field.

July 27th, 2005, 9:59 am
RIP Killer

Yet more news on Adam "Punk-man" Jones.....

Quote:
Titans | A. Jones May Have Violated Probation, won't be at Camp
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:05:27 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans rookie CB Adam Jones may have violated the terms of his probation in West Virginia when he was recently arrested in Tennessee. Nightclub manager Robert Gaddy said he was still considering dropping the charges against Jones in the Tennessee case. Jones is not expected to be with the Titans this afternoon when they open training camp to begin preparations for the 2005 season. He's in Florida working out with a personal trainer and nutritionist. "He is doing everything he can to prepare himself," said agent Michael Huyghue, who represents Jones.

July 29th, 2005, 11:08 am
RIP Killer

from KFFL wrote:
Chiefs | No Scope for Mitchell Yet
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 23:46:30 -0700

Rick Dean, of the Capital-Journal, reports Kansas City Chiefs WR Freddie Mitchell (knee) did not undergo a scheduled arthroscopic examination on his sore knee Monday, August 1. Mitchell sought a second opinion instead and now is scheduled to have the procedure done Tuesday, August 2, head coach Dick Vermeil said. Vermeil seemed a little bit upset with the situation. "All he did was delay getting back here and getting his (butt) back to work," Vermeil said.

Did the Chiefs and/or Vermeil NOT pay attention when 'FredEx' was in Philadelphia talking himself up and never living up to his words?

August 2nd, 2005, 10:36 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Did the Chiefs and/or Vermeil NOT pay attention when 'FredEx' was in Philadelphia talking himself up and never living up to his words?

Doesn't seem like they did. I am just surprised the guy hasn't gotten lock- jaw or laryngitis yet, cause all he works out is his mouth. :roll:

Tim

August 2nd, 2005, 11:14 am
RIP Killer

Mon, 1 Aug 2005 06:38:20 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports free agent WR Koren Robinson (Seahawks) has checked himself into a 30-day treatment center in South Carolina and plans to be ready for the NFL regular season as a new person. "I've realized I've got a problem," Robinson said. "I know the path I was going down wouldn't enable me to be a successful person in life and a successful football player on the field. I had to be proactive before I got too bad." His plan is to sober up and be available for the 2005 season. From what Robinson has heard from the league office, he won't be subject to a year suspension even though he had a four-week suspension last year for violation of the substance policy.

I think it's great that Robinson has checked himself into rehab and issued a statement like the one he made. The guy has the tools to be an incredible receiver and I hope he stays off the hooch and can be that stud receiver someday.

In other news (old news)...I give you the worst of the bunch ---

http://archive.sportingnews.com/nfl/art ... 89054.html
Chargers mum after tackle's arrest
August 22, 2003

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Chargers had little to say Friday about defensive tackle Leonardo Carson, who was arrested a day earlier in Mobile, Ala., and charged with breaking into an apartment and kidnapping a woman.

August 2nd, 2005, 11:36 am
Hall of Fame Player

Giants | Extracurricular Activities Disturb Coughlin
Sat, 6 Aug 2005 10:42:04 -0700

New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin was disturbed by the extracurricular pushing and shoving at the team's scrimmage with the New York Jets Saturday morning, August 6. "We don't want that. We came to practice. That's what we're supposed to be doing - practicing. That's what it is. It's just a practice against each other, and that's all it is. It's not a game. It's not anything other than a practice. That was our approach," said Coughlin.

I'm posting this to say shame on both the Jets and the Giants. If you saw this on TV it was NOT 'extracurricular activities' (that's a joke) it was an all out bench clearing donnybrook.

It was pathetic and wouldn't you know who was in the middle of it? Take a guess.

Jeremy Shockey.

August 6th, 2005, 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

Barret Robbins is back in the news. Hes smoking the chronic to try to cure his bipolar disorder, ah the joys of self medication.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8735838

August 14th, 2005, 3:56 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

"http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-moss-marijuana&prov=ap&type=lgns

August 18th, 2005, 6:00 pm
RIP Killer

Moss admits to current drug use.

Boy, there's a surprise :shock: XXsmoker.gif iamwithstupid.gif hat36.gif

August 18th, 2005, 6:44 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

``But, you know, I don't want any kids, you know, watching this taking a lesson from me as far as 'Well, Randy Moss used it so I'm going to use it.' I don't want that to get across. Like I say ... I have used (marijuana) in the past. And every blue moon or every once in a while I might.''

He just totaly contradicts himself here. If he doesn't want kids smoking pot because he does, then he shouldn't smoke it, or at least, not talk about it.

Quote:
Moss's agent, Dante DiTrapano, said HBO was trying to intentionally damage the player's reputation. He said Moss was talking about past use in the interview.

``In an attempt to promote their dying network, they have maliciously couched his remarks in a manner that is confusing and leaves room for negative interpretation,'' DiTrapano told The Associated Press. ``Randy is not in the NFL substance abuse program and has complied with all urinalysis required by the league, the team, insurance companies, endorsers, etc.''

What an idiot. :roll:

August 18th, 2005, 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Tempers flare

Trotter, Mathis kicked out for MNF pregame fight

Tuesday September 13, 2005 2:18AM
Associated Press via SI.com

ATLANTA (AP) -- Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Jeremiah Trotter and Atlanta Falcons cornerback Kevin Mathis were ejected about a half-hour before Monday night's season opener following a scuffle during pregame warmups.

Emotions between the teams that played in last season's NFC title game were clearly running high when they came together at midfield.

The fired-up Falcons carried it over to the game, scoring two touchdowns in the opening quarter for a 14-7 lead after three quarters over the defending NFC champions. Michael Vick ran for one score and set up another with a long pass to Michael Jenkins before the Eagles could answer in the second quarter.

During warmups, when each team claims half the field, Trotter apparently pushed Mathis, who responded with a punch. Another Falcons cornerback, DeAngelo Hall, also appeared to throw a punch. Then everyone got into it, forcing the officials to intervene.

Trotter and Mathis were ejected after the officials peered into the replay monitor, which is normally used to rectify disputed calls during the game. This time, it came in handy in determining who started the fight and which players were involved.

Moments later, another brawl nearly broke out. As the Atlanta players were trotting back to the locker room, they noticed the Eagles gathering on the Falcons logo in the middle of the field.

The Falcons ran en masse back to the 50-yard line and fought for position with the Eagles, forcing the officials to separate the teams again. No punches were thrown, and both teams went off slowly in opposite directions to their respective locker rooms.

Fans in the half-filled Georgia Dome -- the rest of the sellout crowd was still outside -- booed the Eagles heavily as they headed toward the tunnel. But the mood softened when Falcons owner Arthur Blank went on the field to discuss fund-raising efforts for victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Atlanta appeared to get the best of the ejections.

Trotter is a three-time Pro Bowl selection who led Philadelphia with eight tackles in its 27-10 victory over the Falcons in last season's NFC title game. He was replaced at the crucial middle linebacker position by second-year player Mike Labinjo, who played only three games last season and made his first career start.

Mathis is a backup cornerback used mainly in passing situations by the Falcons.

Continues....

Shame on both Jeremiah Trotter and Kevin Mathis for this scuffle! This kind of stuff should never happen.

September 13th, 2005, 10:17 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

After a big game on Sunday, LJ follows it up with this???

Quote:
Chiefs running back Larry Johnson was arrested and charged on Monday night for domestic abuse in an altercation with his girlfriend at a bar early Saturday morning, the Associated Press reports. Allegedly, Johnson's girlfriend spotted him with another woman and confronted her, at which point Larry grabbed and shoved his girlfriend to the ground. According to the report, Johnson turned himself in, was cited for domestic abuse assault, posted bond, and was released. He was given a September 20 court date for the misdemeanor charge.

While this is unfortunately not all that uncommon, complicating matters is the fact that, according to the Kansas City Star, Johnson struck a deal with local prosecutors in February 2004 to avoid domestic violence charges over an incident in which he allegedly slapped a woman and threatened her with a handgun. Part of that deal was a two-year probation which this recent incident would presumably violate. Stay tuned for fallout from both the Kansas City legal system and the NFL.

September 13th, 2005, 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If what they said about the first offense is true, then probation seems to be a mild punshiment.

Why do these guys feel the need to lash out a women this way? You would think that they could get their agressiveness out on the field.

September 13th, 2005, 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Looks to me like Dick Vermeil's take on Larry Johnson as 'being in diapers' was spot on. This guy is nothing buy an immature fool!

September 14th, 2005, 1:19 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Torrie Cox was jailed early Tuesday after being charged with driving under the influence, his second drunken driving arrest in nine months.

Cox was arrested by Tampa police at 3:19 a.m. after he refused a blood alcohol test. The third-year player also was arrested on a DUI charge last Dec. 4, and he was held out of a game against Atlanta the following day. It could not immediately be determined if that case is still pending.

"We have met with Torrie Cox regarding the seriousness of these charges," Bucs general manager Bruce Allen said. "We will continue to closely monitor this situation and cooperate with the investigation completely."

Cox is a reserve cornerback and one of the team's primary kick returners. He returned four kickoffs for 83 yards in Sunday's 24-13 season-opening victory over the Minnesota Vikings. He also made one tackle.

Tim

September 14th, 2005, 1:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next