View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 9:56 am



Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 Hall of Shame : The NFL's Bad Boys 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post 
Quote:
NFL | Police and Courts: T. Smith Arrested
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:15:11 -0700

TheDenverChannel.com reports former Washington Redskins RB Timmy Smith was arrested along with his brother for allegedly distributing cocaine. The two were arrested in Denver Friday, Sept. 30. They are being charged with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute more than 500 grams of cocaine (1.3 kilograms were seized). Both face 10 years to life in prison and up to a $4 million fine.



Here's a Mother who can feel proud about her two sons. I wonder where she'll be this Thanksgiving?

_________________
Image


October 1st, 2005, 9:31 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post 
Quote:
Saints LB arrested on DWI charge

Thursday October 27, 2005 5:25PM


SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- New Orleans Saints linebacker Courtney Watson was charged with drunken driving, but is expected to play Sunday.

Police said the 25-year-old Watson was driving on Interstate 10 when he was pulled over early Wednesday for erratic driving. They said an open bottle of beer was found in the front cup holder of the car.

He was "combative" and failed a field sobriety test, but refused a breathalyzer sample, the police report said.
Watson was released on $1,000 bond pending arraignment Dec. 5. He declined to comment after practice Thursday.

Saints spokesman Greg Bensel said the team's security department was investigating, and coach Jim Haslett said Watson would play Sunday against Miami in Baton Rouge, La.

Watson, the starting middle linebacker, was a second-round pick out of Notre Dame in 2004. He was among 11 players chosen for the American Football Coaches Association's "Good Works Team" in 2003 for outstanding community service.

The Saints relocated to San Antonio after Hurricane Katrina.



Combative, failed a field sobriety test and refused a breathalyzer in a new community.

Yep! That's a great first impression.

_________________
Image


October 28th, 2005, 5:34 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9490
Location: Dallas
Post 
Former Lion RB joins the Bad Boys list:

Quote:
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio (AP) -- Cleveland Browns running back Reuben Droughns was arrested and charged with drunken driving early Tuesday.

The State Highway Patrol said Droughns was pulled over at 1:09 a.m. after a trooper spotted the 27-year-old speeding and weaving in northbound traffic on U.S. 42 in suburban Cleveland.

Droughns failed a field sobriety test, and after agreeing to take a blood-alcohol test at the patrol's Medina post, he registered a .08 -- the state's legal limit.

He was charged with operating a vehicle under the influence and driving 50 mph in a 35-mph zone.

Droughns was released without bail and is scheduled to appear in Medina County Municipal Court on Friday. If convicted of the DUI charge, Droughns faces a maximum of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine, , said Sgt. Lance Shearer said.

The Browns acquired Droughns in a trade last March from Denver. He rushed for 1,240 yards and six touchdowns for the Broncos, who acquired defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban and defensive tackle Michael Myers.

Droughns has rushed for 530 yards on 125 carries this season.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


November 2nd, 2005, 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: April 27th, 2005, 3:26 pm
Posts: 1775
Post 
This hasn't been updated in a while, but I had to post this one, since this 'bad boy' is an oldie but a goodie........

Quote:
Ex-wide receiver Irvin is arrested in Texas

Former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvinwas charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia after Plano police officers searched his vehicle during a traffic stop.

Irvin, an ESPN analyst and semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, told The Associated Press late Sunday that the drug pipe found in his car belonged to a friend of 17 years who left a Houston rehabilitation center and came to Irvin's house in Carrollton for Thanksgiving. Irvin wouldn't reveal his friend's name.

Irvin said he put the pipe in his car because he didn't want it in his house where his children might find it. He said he planned to drive somewhere the next day, such as a grocery trash bin, and throw the pipe away but forgot.

"It's a situation that is not as it seemed," said Irvin, whose voice choked with emotion.

"I know the type of demons they have to fight and I am going to help them, because it's the only way I can keep them from getting to my family. I have to clean up my friends because they are around my boys. It's upsetting."

Irvin was arrested on an outstanding warrant for speeding in Irving after being pulled over Friday afternoon for speeding in Plano. He said he thought he had paid the outstanding ticket.

Irvin paid a fine on the speeding ticket and posted bond on the drug-paraphernalia-possession charge. He was released about an hour after he was pulled over.

_________________
Regards,

Tim

Image


November 28th, 2005, 4:12 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: January 6th, 2005, 10:54 am
Posts: 2274
Location: South Quad- Ann Arbor
Post 
Quote:
Irvin, an ESPN analyst and semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, told The Associated Press late Sunday that the drug pipe found in his car belonged to a friend of 17 years who left a Houston rehabilitation center and came to Irvin's house in Carrollton for Thanksgiving. Irvin wouldn't reveal his friend's name.

Irvin said he put the pipe in his car because he didn't want it in his house where his children might find it. He said he planned to drive somewhere the next day, such as a grocery trash bin, and throw the pipe away but forgot.


Yeah, I believe that one. :roll:

I suppose it could be true, but I doubt it. He acts like he is high on ESPN anyway.

_________________
"If he isn't the best football player, the best runner, that the Lord has ever made, then the Lord has yet to make one." Wayne Fontes on Barry.
Image


November 28th, 2005, 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post 
bsand2053 wrote:
Quote:
Irvin, an ESPN analyst and semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, told The Associated Press late Sunday that the drug pipe found in his car belonged to a friend of 17 years who left a Houston rehabilitation center and came to Irvin's house in Carrollton for Thanksgiving. Irvin wouldn't reveal his friend's name.

Irvin said he put the pipe in his car because he didn't want it in his house where his children might find it. He said he planned to drive somewhere the next day, such as a grocery trash bin, and throw the pipe away but forgot.


Yeah, I believe that one. :roll:

I suppose it could be true, but I doubt it. He acts like he is high on ESPN anyway.



I'm not a fan of Irvin's and I couldn't resist this...


PFT.com wrote:
Pro Football Talk
PIC OF THE DAY


Image
Michael Irvin's "friends" wait for the turkey to be put on the table, since they've got, you know, a wicked case of the munchies.

_________________
Image


November 28th, 2005, 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Bengals' Henry arrested on traffic, drug charges
ESPN.com wrote:
Dec. 15, 2005, 9:26 PM ET
Associated Press Via ESPN.com


Bengals' Henry arrested on traffic, drug charges


CINCINNATI -- Bengals rookie receiver Chris Henry was arrested on traffic and marijuana charges early Thursday morning, but later practiced with the team.
Henry

The Bengals said in a statement it wouldn't take any action until his case goes through the court system.

Henry, a third-round pick from West Virginia, was stopped by police in nearby Covington, Ky., at about 2 a.m., according to a police report. He was driving a vehicle with expired tags, had an expired license and was speeding, police said.

Officers said they also found two small bags of marijuana on Henry, who was charged with possession.

"The club is aware of the reports regarding Chris Henry," the Bengals said in a statement Thursday night. "In such cases, the team considers it inappropriate to comment further while the matter is still being adjudicated.

"When the legal process has run its course, the team and the NFL will consider what action is necessary."

Henry ranks third among Bengals receivers with 30 catches and has scored five touchdowns. The rookie has developed into the team's No. 3 receiver, behind Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.



As Lions fans - we know all about this type of stuff.

_________________
Image


December 16th, 2005, 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Post 
Pablo wrote:
Former Lion RB joins the Bad Boys list:

Quote:
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio (AP) -- Cleveland Browns running back Reuben Droughns was arrested and charged with drunken driving early Tuesday.

The State Highway Patrol said Droughns was pulled over at 1:09 a.m. after a trooper spotted the 27-year-old speeding and weaving in northbound traffic on U.S. 42 in suburban Cleveland.

Droughns failed a field sobriety test, and after agreeing to take a blood-alcohol test at the patrol's Medina post, he registered a .08 -- the state's legal limit.

He was charged with operating a vehicle under the influence and driving 50 mph in a 35-mph zone.

Droughns was released without bail and is scheduled to appear in Medina County Municipal Court on Friday. If convicted of the DUI charge, Droughns faces a maximum of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine, , said Sgt. Lance Shearer said.

The Browns acquired Droughns in a trade last March from Denver. He rushed for 1,240 yards and six touchdowns for the Broncos, who acquired defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban and defensive tackle Michael Myers.

Droughns has rushed for 530 yards on 125 carries this season.


I really think charges at or near the legal limit are pure bullshit. Alcohol does effect people differently, but I would have to believe someone of Droughns size would show little to no effect with a .08 BAC.


December 16th, 2005, 4:57 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer
User avatar

Joined: July 1st, 2005, 12:22 pm
Posts: 230
Post 
Here's four more for you:

Quote:
Culpepper Among 4 Vikings Charged Over Cruise Boat Allegations

By PAT BORZI
Published: December 16, 2005

SPRING PARK, Minn., Dec. 15 - Four Minnesota Vikings players, including the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback Daunte Culpepper, were charged Thursday with lewd and lascivious conduct during the team's now-infamous Oct. 6 cruise on Lake Minnetonka.

The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office on Thursday charged Culpepper, cornerback Fred Smoot, offensive lineman Bryant McKinnie and running back Moe Williams with three misdemeanors each - indecent conduct, disorderly conduct, and lewd and lascivious conduct. Each charge carries a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.


December 16th, 2005, 5:29 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post 
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Former Lion RB joins the Bad Boys list:

Quote:
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio (AP) -- Cleveland Browns running back Reuben Droughns was arrested and charged with drunken driving early Tuesday.

The State Highway Patrol said Droughns was pulled over at 1:09 a.m. after a trooper spotted the 27-year-old speeding and weaving in northbound traffic on U.S. 42 in suburban Cleveland.

Droughns failed a field sobriety test, and after agreeing to take a blood-alcohol test at the patrol's Medina post, he registered a .08 -- the state's legal limit.

He was charged with operating a vehicle under the influence and driving 50 mph in a 35-mph zone.

Droughns was released without bail and is scheduled to appear in Medina County Municipal Court on Friday. If convicted of the DUI charge, Droughns faces a maximum of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine, , said Sgt. Lance Shearer said.

The Browns acquired Droughns in a trade last March from Denver. He rushed for 1,240 yards and six touchdowns for the Broncos, who acquired defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban and defensive tackle Michael Myers.

Droughns has rushed for 530 yards on 125 carries this season.


I really think charges at or near the legal limit are pure bulls**t. Alcohol does effect people differently, but I would have to believe someone of Droughns size would show little to no effect with a .08 BAC.



FYI, Blood Alcohol Content allows for size. It's a kind of percentage. However, different people would react differently at .08 - you might be reasonably OK while he's a babbling fool.

_________________
Image


December 16th, 2005, 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12137
Post 
Thought you all might enjoy this............

from ProFootballTalk.com...

Image


ProFootballTalk.com wrote:
Mo Clo shows off the disguise that enabled him to avoid capture for nearly 48 hours

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


January 4th, 2006, 10:09 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post 
Associated Press
Posted: 3 hours ago

SEATTLE (AP) - Seahawks starting right tackle Sean Locklear was being held without bail Monday in the King County Jail for investigation of domestic violence, the team said.

Locklear was booked early Sunday, hours after playing in the team's 20-10 playoff win over the Washington Redskins. It wasn't immediately clear who filed the complaint against him.

Sgt. John Urquhart, spokesman for the King County sheriff's office, didn't return a call seeking comment.

Locklear's status for the NFC championship game against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday was unknown. He was a third-round draft choice out of North Carolina State in 2004.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


January 16th, 2006, 11:11 pm
Profile
Post 
conversion02 wrote:
Associated Press
Posted: 3 hours ago

SEATTLE (AP) - Seahawks starting right tackle Sean Locklear was being held without bail Monday in the King County Jail for investigation of domestic violence, the team said.

Locklear was booked early Sunday, hours after playing in the team's 20-10 playoff win over the Washington Redskins. It wasn't immediately clear who filed the complaint against him.

Sgt. John Urquhart, spokesman for the King County sheriff's office, didn't return a call seeking comment.

Locklear's status for the NFC championship game against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday was unknown. He was a third-round draft choice out of North Carolina State in 2004.


What is it with Women getting all crazy when their men are about to succeed?... It seems like they get all jealous and go nutz or something... i'll probably take some heat for my comments, but in all honestly... why NOW??? I would divorce a bitch in a minute if she did this crap during the most important time of my season, and perhaps career. It's never right to hit a girl, but she should have just left the abusive environment (if in fact there was one) and been supportive IMO. Stay at a hotel or relatives until the SB or until they lose. IDK... if she doesn't want to be with him anymore then I understand the charges, but that's not likely.


January 17th, 2006, 12:02 am
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post 
wjb21ndtown wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Associated Press
Posted: 3 hours ago

SEATTLE (AP) - Seahawks starting right tackle Sean Locklear was being held without bail Monday in the King County Jail for investigation of domestic violence, the team said.

Locklear was booked early Sunday, hours after playing in the team's 20-10 playoff win over the Washington Redskins. It wasn't immediately clear who filed the complaint against him.

Sgt. John Urquhart, spokesman for the King County sheriff's office, didn't return a call seeking comment.

Locklear's status for the NFC championship game against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday was unknown. He was a third-round draft choice out of North Carolina State in 2004.


What is it with Women getting all crazy when their men are about to succeed?... It seems like they get all jealous and go nutz or something... i'll probably take some heat for my comments, but in all honestly... why NOW??? I would divorce a bitch in a minute if she did this crap during the most important time of my season, and perhaps career. It's never right to hit a girl, but she should have just left the abusive environment (if in fact there was one) and been supportive IMO. Stay at a hotel or relatives until the SB or until they lose. IDK... if she doesn't want to be with him anymore then I understand the charges, but that's not likely.


:roll:



SI.com wrote:
Locklear jailed
Seahawks' tackle being investigaed in domestic case

Monday January 16, 2006 8:54PM

SEATTLE (AP) -- Seahawks starting right tackle Sean Locklear was being held without bail Monday in the King County Jail for investigation of domestic violence assault, police and the team said.

Locklear, 24, a third-round draft choice out of North Carolina State in 2004, was booked early Sunday, hours after playing in the team's 20-10 playoff win over the Washington Redskins.

Seattle police were investigating an unrelated incident about 1 a.m. Sunday when three people told them a man was assaulting a woman on a nearby sidewalk. Police said the two involved were Locklear and a woman identified as his girlfriend. Her name was redacted from the police report.

According to the police report, the woman said she and Locklear had been at Belltown Billiards with friends when the player grew angry because she was dancing with another man.

He confronted her and they walked outside as she tried to tell him she had done nothing wrong but "this just upset him further," according to the report.

As they walked down the sidewalk, "Locklear grabbed her around the neck," the police report said. Officers wrote that they observed visible redness on her neck and chest. The woman then began to cry and refused to provide more information, telling police, "He didn't do anything."

She refused to let police photograph her injuries or to provide a written statement, the police report said. She also declined medical attention.

The three witnesses who initially summoned police said they saw the man grab the woman around the neck, "putting both hands around her neck," according to the report.

Police said Locklear confirmed he and the woman had been arguing but said he grabbed her by the front of her shirt, not her neck. He made no further comments, police said.

It was not immediately known whether Locklear had retained a lawyer. He was awaiting an appearance before a judge, which would not occur until after Monday's Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday.

Locklear's status for the NFC championship game against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday was unclear. But coach Mike Holmgren said he didn't think the incident would be a distraction to his team.

"What I know about it so far -- and I don't know everything -- it should not be," Holmgren said Monday, without specifically addressing Locklear's playing status.

"I have to wait on details on that. I am aware of the situation. But right now, I have no comment. When we get more information, [we] will give it to you."

_________________
Image


January 17th, 2006, 6:18 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post 
NFL | Police and courts: D. Duerson
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:44:28 -0800

The Associated Press reports former NFL S Dave Duerson pleaded guilty Tuesday, Jan. 17, to a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery. police report said Duerson pushed his wife out the door of their room and she hit the wall. She was treated and released from a hospital. Catherine Wilson, a spokeswoman for Prosecutor Michael Dvorak, said Duerson agreed to plead guilty to the domestic battery charge in return for three other counts against him being dismissed. He will be sentenced March 14. He faces up to a year in jail and a $5,000 fine when he is sentenced.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


January 18th, 2006, 8:58 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.