View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 12:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 2013 Competition Committee recommedations 
League MVP

Post Re: 2013 Competition Committee recommedations
wjb21ndtown wrote:
49ers wrote:
So now that I've had a TON of time to think about this, I get it. If you use the helmet as a weapon, you'll be flagged. If you instinctively tuck your head to brace for contact, no foul.

I OK with it. I hate more rules, but I'm OK with it.

The problem is... Who knows?

It's all a "judgment" call by the refs, and it leaves a ton of "gray area," meaning, room to error by the refs (and also more room to be crooked, fix games, etc... I hate these vague BS rules.

exactly, the refs will interpret this however stupidly that they want. we will hear dumb explanations similar to ed hochuli's call on suh pushing jay cutler with a nonfootball move. the nfl needs less rules that are going to affect outcomes of games. if they want to make it safer, fine players and teams but stop having these refs demonstrate how confusing the rulebook is and use common sense instead. im highly skeptical ref can discern from the facemask or the crown or whatever the force and open field requirement of this rule are.

April 7th, 2013, 6:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2