View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 5:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bears announce Urlacher will not return 
Post Re: Bears announce Urlacher will not return
WarEr4Christ wrote:
From a die hard fan I've talked to the Bears are going to win the division with GB taking a step back, Minnie falling out of the North with the loss of their 2nd best weapon, and bringing in WHO to play QB. He believes their offense is going to be unstoppable because of this new coach from the CFL who supposedly coached in the NFL as an assistant somewhere.

I think we can predict until were blue in the face, but until the games are played, no one really knows. I hope Detroit comes out firing on all cylinders, because they really seemed lifeless and without heart last season, which was a complete opposite from the season before.

Bears fans always think they're going to win the SB every year, no matter how pathetic their team is.

GB will win the division again. Minny may struggle this year while Jennings is learning the system and they're developing their two first round and second round draft picks, but their D and AP alone are enough to keep them in 2nd place in our division. Chicago will still probably be 3rd and we'll probably be bringing up the rear again...

March 25th, 2013, 6:49 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Bears are gonna be a mess next year. I've said it before, Lovie got those old guys playing well and covered up years of bad drafting. I expect them to be in the basement of the North.

What "old guys' did he get playing well?

IMO he's a horrible HC, in the same league as Mike Tomlin from Pitt.

Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman, Peppers?

March 25th, 2013, 7:21 pm
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Bears are gonna be a mess next year. I've said it before, Lovie got those old guys playing well and covered up years of bad drafting. I expect them to be in the basement of the North.

I hardly think you can those guys a bunch of "old cogs" that Lovie was "getting something extra" from.

Peppers is 31
Briggs is 30
Tillman just turned 30 last month

Urlacher was their oldest defensive "star" at 34 (he'll be 35 at the end of May).

Briggs and Peppers are both defensive leaders, so I don't expect much drop off without Urlacher out there. IMO they've done pretty decent at keeping their D somewhat young and talented. Peppers and Urlacher are going to be near impossible to replace. Those type of players only come around once in a great while, but Briggs will still be good for a couple more years, instilling that Bears "culture" onto the next crop (which is something the Lions are HORRIBILE at... which is why we have no identity).

If Lovie is doing anything right it's getting something from his later round draft picks. His SS was a mid 3rd round pick 3 years ago, his FS was a late 3rd round pick 2 years ago, his DTs were picked in the 4th and 2nd rounds, and their DE opposite Peppers was picked in the 4th round Wooten (and he's someone I wanted the Lions to consider in the 2nd or 3rd round).

I don't know how you can look at Chicago and think Lovie is doing this great job with "old" talent, and look at what the Lions are doing with Nate B, Dom, Peterman, Backus, etc. and think that our GM is doing a worthwhile job.

March 25th, 2013, 9:00 pm
RIP Killer

FYI, the bears also lost nick roach who was a very, very underrated LB for them

I think the bears could easily be the best in the division.

Bears. 11-5
Packers. 10-6
Vikings. 7-9
Lions. 6-10

March 25th, 2013, 10:06 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I hardly think you can those guys a bunch of "old cogs" that Lovie was "getting something extra" from.

Peppers is 31
Briggs is 30
Tillman just turned 30 last month

Urlacher was their oldest defensive "star" at 34 (he'll be 35 at the end of May).

Briggs and Peppers are both defensive leaders, so I don't expect much drop off without Urlacher out there. IMO they've done pretty decent at keeping their D somewhat young and talented. Peppers and Urlacher are going to be near impossible to replace. Those type of players only come around once in a great while, but Briggs will still be good for a couple more years, instilling that Bears "culture" onto the next crop (which is something the Lions are HORRIBILE at... which is why we have no identity).

If Lovie is doing anything right it's getting something from his later round draft picks. His SS was a mid 3rd round pick 3 years ago, his FS was a late 3rd round pick 2 years ago, his DTs were picked in the 4th and 2nd rounds, and their DE opposite Peppers was picked in the 4th round Wooten (and he's someone I wanted the Lions to consider in the 2nd or 3rd round).

I don't know how you can look at Chicago and think Lovie is doing this great job with "old" talent, and look at what the Lions are doing with Nate B, Dom, Peterman, Backus, etc. and think that our GM is doing a worthwhile job.

Tillman is 32.
Peppers is 33.
Briggs is 32.

Source: Wikipedia (ie two second Google search)

March 25th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2