View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 6:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Asomugha signs with the 49ers 
Heisman Winner

Post Asomugha signs with the 49ers
Of all teams, he went and picked the 9ers.... ](*,)

Apparently, his base is around 1.35 with a bonus of 1.65, that is dirt cheap for someone his quality, we missed out big time. But, it maybe his roots in the bay area that motivated him.

Either way, 49ers are going to be a nightmare to play against next season.

April 3rd, 2013, 10:34 am
Post Re: Asomugha signs with the 49ers
DayDreamer wrote:
Of all teams, he went and picked the 9ers.... ](*,)

Apparently, his base is around 1.35 with a bonus of 1.65, that is dirt cheap for someone his quality, we missed out big time. But, it maybe his roots in the bay area that motivated him.

Either way, 49ers are going to be a nightmare to play against next season.

The 9ers have to be the heavy favorite for the SB. With Lewis retiring and Reed leaving Balt isn't going to be the same team. The 9er's were already the best team in their conference, and they've gotten significantly better in the offseason.

April 3rd, 2013, 10:36 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

IMO.. they are easily the fav. to win it all next season.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 3rd, 2013, 10:37 am
Heisman Winner

I'd rather see the Cowboys win the SB than the 9ers, but all indications are pointing towards them winning it.

Looks like I'm in for a harsh postseason next year. Unless of course the Lions make it to atleast the division round.

April 3rd, 2013, 11:12 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Yeah, As fans we often find ourselves saying "Our GM is an idiot for not offering $1 more to that FA signed for elsewhere.... what a maroon" without taking into account that the player may have had 0 Interest in coming here (He said he wants to try and win a SB now, AND has family in Norcal. SF was really his Only logical option, other than maybe Seattle to stay westcoast, and they have their corners. Other players we may have pursued... May have even offered MORE money, and they still choose elsewhere. We don't know what or If our team offered, but there are many moving pieces when it comes to FAs.

Now Drafting players on the other hand.. while hindsight is 20/20 there is at least some legitimate room to complain since in 99% of cases it isn't up to the player or agent at all, just the eye for talent and being in the right spot at the right time, and not reaching. Much more room to complain about missed opportunities in the draft.

April 3rd, 2013, 11:16 am
Profile ICQ WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

DayDreamer wrote:
I'd rather see the Cowboys win the SB than the 9ers, but all indications are pointing towards them winning it.

Looks like I'm in for a harsh postseason next year. Unless of course the Lions make it to atleast the division round.

I see I'm not the only one who has become a stronger Seattle fan ;)

April 3rd, 2013, 11:40 am
Heisman Winner

regularjoe12 wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

Oh yeah, I'm with you Joe, I'll be cheering for Seattle (despite Avril) all season. Besides, I really like Russell Wilson, so the 9ers hate isn't the only reason.

April 3rd, 2013, 11:58 am
Mr. Irrelevant

regularjoe12 wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:

Same story here. They're a fun team to watch and I dig those uni's! Seattle and Cincy are two of my favorite teams after Detroit.

April 3rd, 2013, 1:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]