View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Peter King: Vikes NFC Champs? 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Peter King: Vikes NFC Champs?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=c ... &type=lgns

Why is that the teams that make the most moves for over aged name players are media darlings, when the teams that build from within-NE, Pittsburgh, etc. are always more succesful?

May 30th, 2005, 12:43 pm
QB Coach

Detroit added a great receiver in Mike Williams, but Joey Harrington is the NFC's biggest enigma.

It just wouldn't be a King article with some sort of Lions bashing.

May 31st, 2005, 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

He may be a basher, but that rings pretty true. Enigma seems like the perfect word. Joey could hit a 100 on the passer rating with the new recruits or he could be run out of town. I have watched him play 30 or so games for the Lions and could envision either scenario. Also I would almost rate them as equally likely.

May 31st, 2005, 11:53 pm
National Champion

Remember, this was the guy who picked Jacksonville and Seattle in the Super Bowl last year. He also said that he attended San Diego's training camp and thought that they were the worst team that he's ever seen. If the worst thing that he can say is that one of the Lions players is a question mark, that's not saying much. It's much better to have a position that is an unknown rather than to have a unit which is unambiguoulsy horrible (see Green Bay defense).

I don't understand why everybody thinks that Peter King is so great. He's wrong more than he's right, and it's not as if he crafts beautiful prose. It's not the homer in me talking, either. In my opinion, Dr. Z is a better writer and ten times more knowledgeable, and he rips on the Lions more than King.

June 2nd, 2005, 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]