View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 vikings hopeful 
Pro Bowl Player

Post vikings hopeful
Minnesota Vikings

By Viking Update Staff
Date: May 30, 2005

As the NFL concludes its long, dormant weekend, a top trade publication has become the first to speak its peace on the Vikings for 2005.

There was little doubt that the numerous offseason moves made by the Vikings were going to make some believers, but, if the first precinct heard from this offseason means anything, fans should be very happy.

Pro Football Weekly, which historically has been pro-Bears and anti-Vikings, has raised the expectations bar pretty high. PFW's 2005 NFL preview projects the Vikings to finish 12-4 this season -- tied with the Eagles for the NFC's best record and behind only the Colts (who are predicted to go 13-3).

While PFW refuses to get off the Eagles bandwagon -- it has Philly beating the Colts in Super Bowl XL -- the publication has the Vikings dominating the NFC North. According to the predictions, the Vikings will finish four games ahead of the 8-8 Lions and Packers and seven games ahead of the hometown Bears.

As other publications make their picks, VU will pass them along, but, if the early returns mean anything, the changes the Vikings executed have made some of the experts perk their ears up and take notice.

May 30th, 2005, 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

I tell you what, If the lions only go 8-8 this season without serious injuries, Mooch and company should be fired.

May 31st, 2005, 1:59 pm
QB Coach

I tell you what, If the lions only go 8-8 this season without serious injuries, Mooch and company should be fired.

I'm going to somewhat agree with that statement.

May 31st, 2005, 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

horsemanjb wrote:

I'm going to somewhat agree with that statement.

No matter what... I can promise you that won't happen.

Millen may leave but M & M won't get fired.

June 1st, 2005, 12:14 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]