View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 11:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 packers soap-opera 
Pro Bowl Player

Post packers soap-opera
Like sands through the hour glass...

So are the days of our Packers lives. This offseason soap-opera that is the Green Bay Packers just keeps getting better every week. The Packers don't need a coach, they need a director, producer, and maybe a special consultant or two.

The war of words between receiver and quarterback continued, the receiver also compared playing receiver in the NFL to going to war in Iraq because of the injury factor. Please explain how risking your life for 25 grand a year is the same as risking a knee injury for three million a year. Every time Walker opens his mouth it comes complete with a foot in it. Apparently agent Drew Rosenhaus didn't give the order to Walker to keep his mouth shut.

Walker is beginning to sound more and more like Antonio Freeman everyday. The Packers paid big money to Free and got precisely zilch in return. Walker says it's not fair that the team can cut a player before the end of a contract, but a player can't renegotiate before the end. That is true. Let's not forget who is providing a living for whom. The team must have protection from the players like Walker and Freeman who are just playing for a payday and not for the love of the game like a Brett Favre, or Donald Driver or Mike Flanagan.

Favre defended his comments about Walker this week after he was criticized by former teammate Darren Sharper, who said Favre should mind his own business. Since Sharper isn't even a Packer any longer, why is he even opening his mouth? One reason is Sharper has a huge mouth. He leads the league in calling out teammates and public apologies. He is the classic me-first player. He will be a fine replacement for Randy Moss on the Vikings. Maybe he counsels the younger players on the proper use of the Original Whizzanator.

The Border Battle ought to be quite fun this year.

There has been other news in Packer country, most notably new defensive coordinator Jim Bates. In Bates the Packers haven a coordinator with a long history of success and a proven system. Last year under Bob Slowik the defense had no clue what they were supposed to do. Slowik had no system. That was the worst hire in the history of the NFL. And too think I thought it could work at the time. Slowik talks a good game, that's for sure.

The Packers' defense will be much improved this year, I promise you that. Even with an unsettled secondary and questions on the defensive line, this unit will not suffer humiliating performances like it did last year to Tennessee and Indianapolis. Bates will have the players in the right spots and that's half the battle, then the natural talent can take over without the worry of being in the wrong place or doing the wrong thing.

On the other side of the ball, new quarterback Aaron Rodgers looked like the real deal at the first minicamp, showing good arm strength, a quick release and the command in the huddle needed by a quarterback. He will be back in Green Bay in a few days to start preparing for the next minicamp the first of June and appears to be ready to fight Craig Nall for the number two job come opening day.

Several of the other rookies looked good as well, but of course until the pads come on, we can't be too excited or too disappointed, and that is still two-and-a-half months away. The only other hot issue has been that of head coach Mike Sherman's contract. I would like to see Sherman continue as coach and get a contract extension, but if Sherman says he doesn't worry about it, then I won't either.

Hopefully things calm down around here now. Walker needs to shut up and play and let the money take care of itself. Favre and Sharper can do the same. Let's get ready to play some football.

By Al Davis

May 30th, 2005, 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

By Al Davis

:shock:

Where are you getting these articles Ferris?

May 30th, 2005, 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Quote:
By Al Davis

Where are you getting these articles Ferris?

I feel like Im not being trusted very much here.. but I forgive you Bsand

http://216.74.178.55//main/topstories.cfm?sn=39

thats a link to the packer site... I found a really cool site that links you to all the fan sites around the nfl and that would be

www.ffbookmarks.com/unofficialteamsites.htm

You ll know I wrote it if its a bad article AND its about the lions! :lol:

May 31st, 2005, 12:41 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

No no no Ferris, don't take it that way. :shock: I think your articles are muy bueno. I was just curious about your sources. The Al Davis highlight was a joke. I appreciate you finding these articles.

May 31st, 2005, 7:54 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

No no no Ferris, don't take it that way. :shock: I think your articles are muy bueno. I was just curious about your sources. The Al Davis highlight was a joke. I appreciate you finding these articles.

:lol: 8)

May 31st, 2005, 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]