View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 10:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Tramon Williams fine a joke. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Tramon Williams fine a joke.
Quote:
Packers' Williams fined for bumping official
By The Sports Xchange | The SportsXchange – 3 hours ago

Green Bay Packers cornerback Tramon Williams was fined $26,250 by the NFL on Thursday for making contact with an official during the Thanksgiving Day game against the Detroit Lions.

Williams said he plans to appeal the fine.

"Of course, why not?" Williams said, according to NFL.com. "I mean, I'll appeal anyway, I think. You know, you got the other guy who got a fine also, he actually got ejected from the game from contacting the referee. I don't think I initiated the contact, but I did finish the contact, I guess."

Williams reiterated that he thought he was making contact with a Lions player instead of an official after a Detroit touchdown in the Packers' 40-10 loss. He was penalized 15 yards.

"You're not paying attention to what you're doing, not even paying attention to who it was at that point in time," Williams said. "And I just saw a guy walk out in front of me, maybe trying to, contact, you know make contact with me, and just kind of knock his arm out my way because he put it out at me.

"So, I mean, didn't mean any harm by it at all. Wouldn't do that if I knew who it was. Hopefully, they give me money back."

December 5th, 2013, 11:03 pm
League MVP

Post Re: Tramon Williams fine a joke.
i saw the other one this weekend and it wasnt as bad as williams. williams was trying to pick a fight for the entire 2nd half of the t day game, he looked about as classless as it gets

December 5th, 2013, 11:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]