View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 1:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Playoffs 
QB Coach

Post Re: Playoffs
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I really hate the 49ers and I don't want to see them in another Super Bowl. Kaepernick is a punk. I don't really care for the Seahawks either since Richard Sherman needs to shut his mouth. If the Broncos don't win today I will hate whoever wins the Super Bowl.

I'll reiterate what I said earlier. Richard Sherman needs to shut his mouth. He's nuts. You may think you're the best, but most guys who are actually the best don't say it. Calvin and Barry don't go around talking about how they're the best.

I'll once again be rooting for the Broncos. I hope Peyton tears their secondary apart.

January 20th, 2014, 11:36 am
Hall of Fame Player

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I really hate the 49ers and I don't want to see them in another Super Bowl. Kaepernick is a punk. I don't really care for the Seahawks either since Richard Sherman needs to shut his mouth. If the Broncos don't win today I will hate whoever wins the Super Bowl.

I'll reiterate what I said earlier. Richard Sherman needs to shut his mouth. He's nuts. You may think you're the best, but most guys who are actually the best don't say it. Calvin and Barry don't go around talking about how they're the best.

I'll once again be rooting for the Broncos. I hope Peyton tears their secondary apart.

I will be cheering for the Broncos as well. I can't stand Pete Carroll. The rat cheated at USC and then fled the ship right before NCAA sanctions were handed down. He took the Seattle job. And suddenly, they start getting busted for PEDs. Go figure! The man is a cheater. I guess cheating pays.

January 20th, 2014, 11:55 am
QB Coach

Quote:
Report: Other players involved in Kaepernick case
Posted by Mike Florio on April 10, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Kaepernick Getty Images

It’s still too early to know much about the sexual assault allegations reportedly made against 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area, police have indicated that 49ers receiver Quinton Patton and Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette were involved, and that the incident happened at Lockette’s apartment in Miami.

It’s unclear at this point whether there will be any criminal charges or league-imposed discipline. Four years ago, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger received a six-game suspension (reduced to four) after being sued for sexual assault in July 2009 and then accused of sexual assault in early 2010. He was never arrested or charged in either case.

It’s also unclear whether and to what extent the allegations will affect the 49ers’ willingness to make a significant long-term financial commitment to Kaepernick. Based on the perceptions of former 49ers safety Donte Whitner, coach Jim Harbaugh may not be thrilled about this situation, at all.

“He said that we can do anything in the world and we can come and talk to him and he’ll forgive us except put our hands on women,” Whitner said in 2012, after Harbaugh first season as head coach. “If you put your hand on a woman then you’re done in his book. So other than putting your hands on women, you can do anything and come talk to him, and it’s true.”

What’s true or not true in this case remains to be seen. There’s a good chance that, as in other situations like this, the full truth will never be known.

Quote:
Incident report in Kaepernick case makes no specific allegations
Posted by Mike Florio on April 10, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Kaepernick Getty Images

The official incident report identifies 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, 49ers receiver Quinton Patton, and Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette as suspects. But what they’re suspected of isn’t specified.

The incident report, a copy of which was obtained by CSN Bay Area, explains that an unidentified woman went to Lockette’s apartment in Miami. Kaepernick and Patton were there. She later “mixed some drinks for all of them and gave them shots.” She claims the men “told her that in order to drink the shots she had to ‘hit’ the bong which contained marijuana.”

The woman says she began to feel lightheaded and went to a bedroom to lay down. Kaepernick allegedly entered the room “and started kissing her.” He then began to undress her. Kaepernick said he’d be right back and left the bedroom. She waited naked in the bed, and Patton and Lockette opened the door and “peeked” inside. She says she told them to leave, they closed the door and left, and she remembers nothing after that.

The woman claims that she woke up in a hospital bed, and that she doesn’t recall how she got there or who took her there. She also said that she has had a sexual relationship in the past with Kaepernick.

While the report states that Kaepernick and the woman did not have sex before he left the room, the report doesn’t say whether evidence of intercourse was detected at the hospital. It’s also unclear whether the victim or police believe that she was drugged.

For now, the incident is described as “suspicious,” and the report indicates that the “investigation continues.”

At a minimum, the NFL will be concerned about the allegation of marijuana use, which could be enough to get the players in Stage One of the substance-abuse program (or higher if they’re already in the program). Far more serious consequences would hinge on whatever police determine happened to the woman, and if there’s any reliable way to prove who did it.

Obviously still developing but this doesn't look good.

April 10th, 2014, 4:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2