View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Sanders Plays Again 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Sanders Plays Again
Deion that is...

Quote:
Contract terms are same as last season

ESPN.com news services
June 5, 2005, 10:00 PM ET

Deion Sanders is expected to say yes Monday or Tuesday to a one-year deal with the Baltimore Ravens that will bring him back for another season.

Sanders told the Fort Myers (Fla.) News-Press that he will make his official announcement in the next couple days. The Ravens want him to show up this week for offseason workouts and to have a physical. Sanders had toe surgery during the offseason; if he passes the physical, he will be able to sign the contract.

"I feel good," he told the Press-News. "I feel damn good."

The contract details have been worked out for Sanders' return and they are the same as last season. Sanders will have a $1.5 million base salary. If he plays the entire season as the nickel back, he can make up to $3 million. If he plays more, he can make $4 million.

Sanders, 37, didn't qualify for any of the incentives last season because the toe injury limited him to 21 percent of the Ravens' defensive snaps. But Sanders enjoyed the experience of playing with the Ravens and wanted to return.

"It was one of the funnest years that I've ever had," Sanders told the News-Press. "I played with a plethora of guys who were like my brothers."

Sanders told the Press-News that he isn't worried about what league observers have to say about his comeback from a three-year retirement.

"When you start to be afraid in life, you'll never be successful," he told the newspaper. "How can someone erase what's already written?"

Information from ESPN.com's John Clayton was used in this report.

I've never been a Deion Sanders fan since he dissed Detroit the day he got drafted and he's always been an obnoxious rectum, IMO. But he has managed to stay in great shape and be a defensive threat even in the twilight of his career.

I am a little confused why people keep calling for Jerry rice to hang it up but don't feel the same way about "Neon Deion".

June 6th, 2005, 5:12 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Was I the only one expecting to read here about Barry Sanders playing in a flag football game or something?

June 6th, 2005, 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Was I the only one expecting to read here about Barry Sanders playing in a flag football game or something?

I wrote it that way on purpose just to fake you out.

jk :lol:

June 6th, 2005, 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Brian wrote:

I wrote it that way on purpose just to fake you out.

jk :lol:

You had me fooled.

June 7th, 2005, 9:53 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]