View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 10:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 MOSS DISSES DAUNTE 
Modmin Dude

Post MOSS DISSES DAUNTE
Here we go again....this could get interesting:

MOSS DISSES DAUNTE

Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper now has even more motivation to build on the fact that he's led the NFC in passer rating for two straight seasons.

Former teammate Randy Moss, traded to the Raiders in March, says that the new guy who'll be throwing passes to him, Kerry Collins, is better than Daunte.

"When it comes to athleticism, Daunte has Kerry beat by a large margin," Moss recently said. "But Kerry has pocket presence and knows how to read defenses. So Kerry has a slight step over Daunte."

Ouch. We know that Moss' words likely are fueled by his desire to suck up to his new quarterback and by the fact that he thinks Culpepper turned his back on Moss prior to the deal that sent the more-trouble-than-he's-worth superstar to the Bay Area. But Culpepper will, in our view, look to that quote every week during the 2005 season, and he'll do everything in his power to take the team to heights they never were able to achieve with Moss on the roster.

June 10th, 2005, 10:54 am
Hall of Fame Player

I wouldn't even piss on him!

June 10th, 2005, 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

With as much as you drink I wouldn't want you to piss on me either :shock: violent5.gif new_all_coholic.gif

June 10th, 2005, 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

I'm not a Moss fan but this seems a little overblown to me. The best thing he could have done IMO would have been to have pulled a Jerry Rice and said somthing like "they're both great QBs, I'm really lucky to have worked with such talented people". Still it seems to me that all he really did was point out that the two had different strengths and what he thought they were.

Granted the quote did suggest Collins was a slightly better QB, but I don't think it was inteneded as a slam on Daunte. That's not what I read into it anyway.

June 10th, 2005, 6:28 pm
QB Coach

I don't think that Randy is going to diss his new team, which he would indirectly be doing so by stating Culpepper is better than Collins. It's like playing for the Lions, and saying "Harrington isn't good, but Grossman is".

Remember, the Vikings TRADED him away. They didn't want him. And they didn't get enough for him. There is cold blood between Moss and the Vikings.

Besides the point, Oakland is my breakout team, and I expect Collins and the Oakland offense to put up around 25 each game.

June 10th, 2005, 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

In his early years dante was not good reading defenses. He is a bit better now, and most would say better than Moss in that department.

June 11th, 2005, 7:03 am
Hall of Fame Player

In his early years dante was not good reading defenses. He is a bit better now, and most would say better than Moss in that department.

Moss is to stupid to read the Charlie Brown comics in the Sunday paper!

June 11th, 2005, 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]