View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2017, 7:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 2015-2016 Coaching Carousel 
3rd Round Selection

Post Re: 2015-2016 Coaching Carousel
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
njroar wrote:
I don't know what Eagle's fans are excited about... Their D will get better, but they went back to Reid's style of poor game management. Did you see Pederson's handling of the clock at the end of that playoff game? Kelly traded their best players, so they're gonna be rebuilding a while. Dallas with a healthy Romo will dominate that division. And Washington is the 2nd best team. Giants have the cap room to actually improve if Reese can actually get decent players to come in.

I don't think Eagles fans are all that excited. In fact there was a poll done by a local sports talk radio show and most said they thought Chip Kelly would be more successful that Pederson. I live in Philly, about a mile from where the Eagles practice (some of the players are my neighbors), and I can say from talking to my neighbors and listening to sport radio here that people seem to have a lot of skepticism about Pederson. I think they may be excited about Schwartz, which I think it warranted since he's had success as a DC pretty much everywhere he's been. But overall, I think most Eagles fans view the Pederson hire as a botched coaching search. Time will tell, but in general Eagles fans are always pretty salty.

Yeah, I meant the same thing, they're happy about Schwartz, not Pederson. With Schwartz in place, they're bound to have a solid defense, and they have some stars on that offense. If nothing else, they can rack up some points just based on Demarco.

January 21st, 2016, 2:27 pm
Pro Bowl Player

How much of the actual in game play calling falls on Pederson? If I recall Reid has been the HC that has to call his own plays on the sideline. With that said I'd be skeptical of hiring and OC that didn't have play calling responsibilities to become your HC that plans on making the calls himself from the sideline. What really surprises me is that Frank Reich signed on to be the OC knowing that Pederson plans on making the calls. I like Reich's system and what he did in San Diego, he had that offense looking potent at the start of the season but they were devastated by injuries and became an afterthought. It will be interesting to see how Reich and his more uptempo big play style offense melds with Pederson if he brings the Reid short conservative game plan with him.

January 21st, 2016, 3:46 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

sweetd20 wrote:
How much of the actual in game play calling falls on Pederson? If I recall Reid has been the HC that has to call his own plays on the sideline. With that said I'd be skeptical of hiring and OC that didn't have play calling responsibilities to become your HC that plans on making the calls himself from the sideline. What really surprises me is that Frank Reich signed on to be the OC knowing that Pederson plans on making the calls. I like Reich's system and what he did in San Diego, he had that offense looking potent at the start of the season but they were devastated by injuries and became an afterthought. It will be interesting to see how Reich and his more uptempo big play style offense melds with Pederson if he brings the Reid short conservative game plan with him.

It could be Reich wants to get his feet wet first before trying to move his offense into the NFL. A lot of college coaches have tried to move their systems from college to the pros with less than good results, so not calling plays for a bit while still getting OC NFL pay and title on your resume is some nice prep work for the future.

January 21st, 2016, 4:23 pm
Team MVP

sweetd20 wrote:

Pederson had play calling responsibilities in the 2nd half of games since KC played Pittsburgh (which coincides with the Chiefs 11 game win streak). But, he was also calling the plays during their slow play final drive during the playoff game. So I don't know what to make of him. Gut feel is that he won't do very well, but who knows. Sometimes the big name falls flat and the unexpected guy knocks it out of the park.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

January 21st, 2016, 4:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3