View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2017, 7:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Cincy Choke Job 
Team President - Rod Wood

Post Cincy Choke Job
Holy mama! That might ve been the most embarassing self destruction ever.

January 10th, 2016, 1:02 am
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Post Re: Cincy Choke Job
Yeah, and they can't blame anyone but themselves. I wonder if being unable to control Burfict and Jones leads to Marvin Lewis losing his job to promote Hue Jackson before he leaves to another HCing gig. 0-7 playoff record.

January 10th, 2016, 1:19 am
Varsity Captain

The Legend wrote:
Holy mama! That might ve been the most embarassing self destruction ever.

Some how they have been Lionized.

Frok

January 10th, 2016, 2:38 pm
Pro Bowl Player

They definitely dropped the ball (Hill) but that flag on Jones was ridiculous. Joey Porter had no business being out on the field and that flag shouldn't have been thrown. The one on Burfict was warranted but that official took that game into his own hands and helped to decide the outcome with that second flag.

January 10th, 2016, 9:23 pm
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

sweetd20 wrote:
They definitely dropped the ball (Hill) but that flag on Jones was ridiculous. Joey Porter had no business being out on the field and that flag shouldn't have been thrown. The one on Burfict was warranted but that official took that game into his own hands and helped to decide the outcome with that second flag.

The Jones flag was him pushing the official. Regardless if Porter is going to get fined, Jones pushed him and tried to get through the official trying to break it up. The officials and the league warned both teams prior to the game.

January 10th, 2016, 10:52 pm
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

njroar wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

The Jones flag was him pushing the official. Regardless if Porter is going to get fined, Jones pushed him and tried to get through the official trying to break it up. The officials and the league warned both teams prior to the game.

You can not push an official, plain and simple. The official who threw the flag on Jones, threw it before he even turned around to see who pushed him. It was a fair call against a team that TOTALLY lost composure in a game they were winning.

January 11th, 2016, 2:36 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

Cincy's drafting has been absolutely amazing. I would say their roster is probably the strongest in the league. Ridiculous that they haven't won more.

"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell

January 11th, 2016, 6:40 pm
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

Since we're talking about choke jobs, how about Bill Bilecheck choking last night? If he goes for a field goal when the Pats were inside the 10 with 5ish minutes left in the game, the Pats win. What the heck was he thinking? To me it looked like arrogance. He cost them home field advantage with his kicking the ball instead of receiving it in OT a couple of weeks ago, and he cost them a trip to the SB last night. Are there enough chinks in the armor to start saying the greatest current coach in the NFL is slipping?

January 25th, 2016, 12:02 pm
Team MVP

regularjoe12 wrote:
Since we're talking about choke jobs, how about Bill Bilecheck choking last night? If he goes for a field goal when the Pats were inside the 10 with 5ish minutes left in the game, the Pats win. What the heck was he thinking? To me it looked like arrogance. He cost them home field advantage with his kicking the ball instead of receiving it in OT a couple of weeks ago, and he cost them a trip to the SB last night. Are there enough chinks in the armor to start saying the greatest current coach in the NFL is slipping?

I have no problem with either decision. With the way Denver's D was playing, there's no guarantee they would get another shot at a TD. If they got the 2 pt conversion, then won, nobody would be talking about it. Either way it's a chance, and if I recall correctly, the win probability is actually better by going for it. I'm not certain of that though.

β€œThe good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

January 25th, 2016, 1:05 pm
William Clay Ford Sr.

regularjoe12 wrote:

Na. Only Lions HC's make mistakes.

January 25th, 2016, 2:05 pm
#1 Overall Pick

I agree with TDJ.

The guy gets within 2pts of a second successive Superbowl appearance, which in the salary cap era is pretty remarkable, and he's "slipping"?

The Jets decision wasn't poor - it was the execution (they should have chosen ends, not chosen to kick) by the player that was a problem.

Against Denver, the drive with the failed 4th and 1 conversion was only the second time all game that NE had driven into field goal range (they had been in field goal range twice, but only once as a result of their drive - the other time was as a result of the Manning backward pass/fumble). 4th and short is converted around 60% of the time. The Patriots had gotten into the red zone on 20% of their drives this game. So do you take the 60% chance of keeping the drive going, or the 20% chance that on your next drive you get into the same range? It was the right decision.

January 26th, 2016, 6:49 am
Pro Bowl Player

UK Lion wrote:
I agree with TDJ.

The guy gets within 2pts of a second successive Superbowl appearance, which in the salary cap era is pretty remarkable, and he's "slipping"?

The Jets decision wasn't poor - it was the execution (they should have chosen ends, not chosen to kick) by the player that was a problem.

Against Denver, the drive with the failed 4th and 1 conversion was only the second time all game that NE had driven into field goal range (they had been in field goal range twice, but only once as a result of their drive - the other time was as a result of the Manning backward pass/fumble). 4th and short is converted around 60% of the time. The Patriots had gotten into the red zone on 20% of their drives this game. So do you take the 60% chance of keeping the drive going, or the 20% chance that on your next drive you get into the same range? It was the right decision.

Nailed it. Give me Bellicheat anyday.

January 26th, 2016, 12:23 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]