View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2017, 6:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Matt Forte anyone? 
William Clay Ford Sr.

Post Matt Forte anyone?
Bears say they will not resign him.

February 12th, 2016, 12:25 pm
Varsity Captain

Post Re: Matt Forte anyone?
Nope

February 12th, 2016, 5:27 pm
RIP Killer

No, not much tread left on the tires, and he'll want a big payday. We'll be fine with Abdullah, Riddick and Zenner, along with whomever else the Lions sign.

February 13th, 2016, 2:47 pm
Team President - Rod Wood

m2karateman wrote:
No, not much tread left on the tires, and he'll want a big payday. We'll be fine with Abdullah, Riddick and Zenner, along with whomever else the Lions sign.

There s a big need for a runner that can carry the load esp if Bell isnt back or healthy but I wouldnt think that Forte and his price tag would fit in Quinn s philosophy

February 13th, 2016, 11:05 pm
William Clay Ford Sr.

The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

There s a big need for a runner that can carry the load esp if Bell isnt back or healthy but I wouldnt think that Forte and his price tag would fit in Quinn s philosophy

Watch him end up the Patriots for the next 3 years.

February 14th, 2016, 11:05 am
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I agree we have need for a short yardage style runner. But I don't see Forte as that guy. If the Lions continue to go with the RBC approach, there is no need to sign a running back who is seen as a full service back, and pay him accordingly. Forte has already proven through his past with the Bears he wants to hit the big payday.

February 14th, 2016, 2:31 pm
RIP Killer

And Forte's forte is his pass catching ability. He's more Theo Riddick than Mike Alstott. Kind of the opposite of what we need. Stick with the current lineup and get a FB who can actually pick up short yards. Why in the hell don't they ever try and use Fulton for short yardage?

February 17th, 2016, 2:32 pm
3rd Round Selection

conversion02 wrote:
And Forte's forte is his pass catching ability. He's more Theo Riddick than Mike Alstott. Kind of the opposite of what we need. Stick with the current lineup and get a FB who can actually pick up short yards. Why in the hell don't they ever try and use Fulton for short yardage?

You mean Burton? I wondered the same thing too, he was rarely used for short yardage plays, but I thought he did a pretty good job when he got the chance.

February 17th, 2016, 3:18 pm
Team President - Rod Wood

DayDreamer wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

You mean Burton? I wondered the same thing too, he was rarely used for short yardage plays, but I thought he did a pretty good job when he got the chance.

lombardi ran the same terrible quick dive a couple times as did jbc with burton but the interior line wasnt very good and burton doesnt seem to get enough steam going on the quick handoff from the fb position for it to have much of a chance. he was pretty ineffective when they tried this play and i felt they ran it too often rather than not enough

February 19th, 2016, 12:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]