View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 18th, 2018, 7:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Josh Norman anyone? 
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Josh Norman anyone?
Carolina just rescinded the Franchise tag on him.

April 20th, 2016, 5:32 pm
League MVP

Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
I think he's out of our price range, especially considering we have to pay Slay soon. But I'd take him if we could reach a non-astronomical deal.

April 20th, 2016, 5:52 pm
Team MVP

Rumor is he wants $16M/year. That's more than $2M more than the current highest paid CB (Revis). Norman is a 28 year old CB, who has had one great year. Prior to that he's been good, but not great. I'd be very leery of signing him to that big of a contract. Someone likely will, and they'll regret it. Unless he's willing to sign a reasonable deal, I'd pass.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

April 21st, 2016, 11:18 am
Pro Bowl Player

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Rumor is he wants $16M/year. That's more than $2M more than the current highest paid CB (Revis). Norman is a 28 year old CB, who has had one great year. Prior to that he's been good, but not great. I'd be very leery of signing him to that big of a contract. Someone likely will, and they'll regret it. Unless he's willing to sign a reasonable deal, I'd pass.

April 21st, 2016, 11:28 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

I'm willing to bet Norman would never sign with the Lions given Quinn's preference for incentive laden contracts. Norman is showing he is just looking to cash out since he wont have another opportunity to make big money.

April 21st, 2016, 12:31 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

rao wrote:
I'm willing to bet Norman would never sign with the Lions given Quinn's preference for incentive laden contracts. Norman is showing he is just looking to cash out since he wont have another opportunity to make big money.

and who would blame him? quinn s tactics arent going to work with above average players at premium positions. if the lions are interested in norman they will have to pay him a handsome guarantee in addition to any potential incentives.

April 21st, 2016, 7:53 pm

The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:

and who would blame him? quinn s tactics arent going to work with above average players at premium positions. if the lions are interested in norman they will have to pay him a handsome guarantee in addition to any potential incentives.

If he was younger and had more than one great season Quinn would offer a more standard deal. Norman is going to turn 29 and was just a decent to good player until last season. Marvin Jones got a totally normal deal.

April 21st, 2016, 9:02 pm
RIP Killer

No thanks. He wants a deal at $16+ per year until he's 34 years old at least. Not gonna happen. I'd give him a 3/$40 deal, but no more.

April 21st, 2016, 9:10 pm
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

conversion02 wrote:
No thanks. He wants a deal at $16+ per year until he's 34 years old at least. Not gonna happen. I'd give him a 3/$40 deal, but no more.

If he would take 12 mil a year, I'd say go after him, but as we learned with Suh, 16 mil is too much for 1 player.

April 22nd, 2016, 11:22 am

He got $75M over 5 years, $50M guaranteed from the Skins.

April 22nd, 2016, 8:54 pm
RIP Killer

rao wrote:
He got $75M over 5 years, $50M guaranteed from the Skins.

Once again Daniel Snyder WAY overpays a one year wonder who is about to visit the downside of his career. Some people just don't learn.

April 23rd, 2016, 7:04 pm
Team MVP

The media should be happy... Norman vs Odell x2 and Norman vs Dez x2 will be worth watching.

April 23rd, 2016, 9:32 pm

njroar wrote:
The media should be happy... Norman vs Odell x2 and Norman vs Dez x2 will be worth watching.

If this signing goes the way a lot of Washington signings go, I don't think it's going to be very entertaining unless you just like laughing at a player failing to live up to his contract.

April 24th, 2016, 11:42 am
Pro Bowl Player

Interesting article out this morning says that Norman was ready to sign the Franchise tag after it got rescinded or do a 1 year market deal with CAR to stay, but the GM said it was too late, and that his agent had messed it up.

Enjoy being a redskin putz.

April 25th, 2016, 11:20 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran NFL Head Coach

rao wrote:
njroar wrote:

If this signing goes the way a lot of Washington signings go, I don't think it's going to be very entertaining unless you just like laughing at a player failing to live up to his contract.

if you are talking about the 4th and 5th years sure its unlikely he ll be playing at that same level but he s been very good for the past two seasons now and has held up against good passing offenses in his divison in New Orleans and Atlanta. I dont expect him to be a flat out bust and he will probably be at a high level for 2-3 seasons at least unless there is injury. He s only in the league one year more than Slay. I dont think his age matters that much as he ll be 28 most of this season, 29 the next and 30 the year following. If he gives them 3 good years and another average one they will not have regretted the deal.

April 25th, 2016, 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next