View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 18th, 2018, 7:48 am



Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Josh Norman anyone? 
Author Message
Martha Firestone Ford
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 9083
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Josh Norman anyone?
Carolina just rescinded the Franchise tag on him.


April 20th, 2016, 5:32 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3689
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
I think he's out of our price range, especially considering we have to pay Slay soon. But I'd take him if we could reach a non-astronomical deal.


April 20th, 2016, 5:52 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3312
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
Rumor is he wants $16M/year. That's more than $2M more than the current highest paid CB (Revis). Norman is a 28 year old CB, who has had one great year. Prior to that he's been good, but not great. I'd be very leery of signing him to that big of a contract. Someone likely will, and they'll regret it. Unless he's willing to sign a reasonable deal, I'd pass.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


April 21st, 2016, 11:18 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2578
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Rumor is he wants $16M/year. That's more than $2M more than the current highest paid CB (Revis). Norman is a 28 year old CB, who has had one great year. Prior to that he's been good, but not great. I'd be very leery of signing him to that big of a contract. Someone likely will, and they'll regret it. Unless he's willing to sign a reasonable deal, I'd pass.


April 21st, 2016, 11:28 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 2360
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
I'm willing to bet Norman would never sign with the Lions given Quinn's preference for incentive laden contracts. Norman is showing he is just looking to cash out since he wont have another opportunity to make big money.


April 21st, 2016, 12:31 pm
Profile
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 5082
Location: WSU
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
rao wrote:
I'm willing to bet Norman would never sign with the Lions given Quinn's preference for incentive laden contracts. Norman is showing he is just looking to cash out since he wont have another opportunity to make big money.



and who would blame him? quinn s tactics arent going to work with above average players at premium positions. if the lions are interested in norman they will have to pay him a handsome guarantee in addition to any potential incentives.


April 21st, 2016, 7:53 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 2360
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:
I'm willing to bet Norman would never sign with the Lions given Quinn's preference for incentive laden contracts. Norman is showing he is just looking to cash out since he wont have another opportunity to make big money.



and who would blame him? quinn s tactics arent going to work with above average players at premium positions. if the lions are interested in norman they will have to pay him a handsome guarantee in addition to any potential incentives.


If he was younger and had more than one great season Quinn would offer a more standard deal. Norman is going to turn 29 and was just a decent to good player until last season. Marvin Jones got a totally normal deal.


April 21st, 2016, 9:02 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10992
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
No thanks. He wants a deal at $16+ per year until he's 34 years old at least. Not gonna happen. I'd give him a 3/$40 deal, but no more.

_________________
_____
Draft defense - CB, LB, DT, LB...WR/KR
Image


April 21st, 2016, 9:10 pm
Profile
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 4216
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
conversion02 wrote:
No thanks. He wants a deal at $16+ per year until he's 34 years old at least. Not gonna happen. I'd give him a 3/$40 deal, but no more.


If he would take 12 mil a year, I'd say go after him, but as we learned with Suh, 16 mil is too much for 1 player.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 22nd, 2016, 11:22 am
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 2360
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
He got $75M over 5 years, $50M guaranteed from the Skins.


April 22nd, 2016, 8:54 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 10408
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
rao wrote:
He got $75M over 5 years, $50M guaranteed from the Skins.


Once again Daniel Snyder WAY overpays a one year wonder who is about to visit the downside of his career. Some people just don't learn.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


April 23rd, 2016, 7:04 pm
Profile
Team MVP

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 3283
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
The media should be happy... Norman vs Odell x2 and Norman vs Dez x2 will be worth watching.


April 23rd, 2016, 9:32 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 2360
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
njroar wrote:
The media should be happy... Norman vs Odell x2 and Norman vs Dez x2 will be worth watching.


If this signing goes the way a lot of Washington signings go, I don't think it's going to be very entertaining unless you just like laughing at a player failing to live up to his contract.


April 24th, 2016, 11:42 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2578
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
Interesting article out this morning says that Norman was ready to sign the Franchise tag after it got rescinded or do a 1 year market deal with CAR to stay, but the GM said it was too late, and that his agent had messed it up.

Enjoy being a redskin putz.


April 25th, 2016, 11:20 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 5082
Location: WSU
Post Re: Josh Norman anyone?
rao wrote:
njroar wrote:
The media should be happy... Norman vs Odell x2 and Norman vs Dez x2 will be worth watching.


If this signing goes the way a lot of Washington signings go, I don't think it's going to be very entertaining unless you just like laughing at a player failing to live up to his contract.



if you are talking about the 4th and 5th years sure its unlikely he ll be playing at that same level but he s been very good for the past two seasons now and has held up against good passing offenses in his divison in New Orleans and Atlanta. I dont expect him to be a flat out bust and he will probably be at a high level for 2-3 seasons at least unless there is injury. He s only in the league one year more than Slay. I dont think his age matters that much as he ll be 28 most of this season, 29 the next and 30 the year following. If he gives them 3 good years and another average one they will not have regretted the deal.


April 25th, 2016, 6:11 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.