View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 22nd, 2019, 2:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Coaching Carousel 2016. 
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Coaching Carousel 2016.
Jeff Fischer is the first victim. Jim Harbaugh rumors are already flying.

December 12th, 2016, 6:14 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Coaching Carousel 2016.
Harbaugh makes a whole lot of sense, but I wonder which way his ego goes after the results of this season. I think it may be a hard pill for him to swallow leaving without beating OSU and that close to the college football playoffs.

December 13th, 2016, 9:55 am
RIP Killer

rao wrote:
Harbaugh makes a whole lot of sense, but I wonder which way his ego goes after the results of this season. I think it may be a hard pill for him to swallow leaving without beating OSU and that close to the college football playoffs.

Or having been "that close" to a Super Bowl. Wonder which would feed his huge ego more, actually that is not too hard to figure out...

December 13th, 2016, 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

Pablo wrote:
rao wrote:

Or having been "that close" to a Super Bowl. Wonder which would feed his huge ego more, actually that is not too hard to figure out...

I would agree on the super bowl thing if LA was a playoff team, but they have been pretty bad under Fisher. I think the only thing that could pull Harbaugh to LA is the ownership will stick their noses right up his rectum and stay there. They continued to support Fisher with extensions up until the point the fans would have started fire bombing buildings. If he leaves for them it'll be his ego still, but I don't think it will be because he has to prove he can win a Super Bowl.

LA probably wants a name to replace Fisher, but I think Austin if he ran the defense from the HC spot would be a great move for them.

December 13th, 2016, 1:39 pm
RIP Killer

Personally, I hope Harbaugh stays at Michigan - good for the school, good for the Big Ten and good for they rivalry games.

December 14th, 2016, 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Gary Kubiak apparently stepping down
Chip Kelly supposedly out
Rex Ryan out in Buffalo
Gus Bradley already out
Fisher as above out in LA
Chuck Pagano in trouble in Indy
Marvin Lewis supposedly will be back in Cincy
Todd Bowles supposdely back

January 1st, 2017, 8:50 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

rao wrote:
Pablo wrote:
rao wrote:

I would agree on the super bowl thing if LA was a playoff team, but they have been pretty bad under Fisher. I think the only thing that could pull Harbaugh to LA is the ownership will stick their noses right up his rectum and stay there. They continued to support Fisher with extensions up until the point the fans would have started fire bombing buildings. If he leaves for them it'll be his ego still, but I don't think it will be because he has to prove he can win a Super Bowl.

LA probably wants a name to replace Fisher, but I think Austin if he ran the defense from the HC spot would be a great move for them.

I feel like the best place for Harbaugh is Indy and Pagano is in trouble again. Maybe Denver is a possibility also as thats a Super Bowl team if he can fix up the run game and QB situation. Denver and Indy seem to be the top coaching jobs available. LA has value bc of the market but the team still has a long way to go and anything involving Goff seems to be a project.

January 1st, 2017, 8:52 pm
RIP Killer

McCoy just got canned by SD

January 1st, 2017, 10:12 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Will Teryl Austin finally get a gig somewhere? Linehan could get his 2nd chance and Jim Schwartz also seems to be rising among the ranks but I dont see that one happening yet.

How about Linehan and Romo package deal to Denver? Shanahan has to be the favorite for that job though.

January 8th, 2017, 8:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]