View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 2:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Schulters released 
Modmin Dude

Post Schulters released
From KFFL.com -
Quote:
Titans | Schulters Released
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:05:29 -0700

Titansonline.com reports the Tennessee Titans have officially released S Lance Schulters. "This is a case where we are continuing to deal with the salary cap issues that were primarily addressed in February; and we were unable to find a deal that was agreeable for both sides," said general manager Floyd Reese. "We wish him the best and realize he still has some quality football ahead of him, but we are committed to getting through our cap difficulties this year."

From NFL.com -
Quote:
(June 16, 2005) -- After failing to come to a contract agreement, the Tennessee Titans will release safety Lance Schulters, the safety's agent, Brian Levy, confirmed.

But Schulters is not expected to be out of work long. Schulters' former head coach in San Francisco, Steve Mariucci, now coaches in Detroit, a team that needs a safety. Schulters' former defensive coordinator in San Francisco, Jim Mora, now coaches in Atlanta, another team that needs a safety. And teams such as San Francisco, the New York Jets, St. Louis Rams and Green Bay Packers also could make a run at Schulters.

Levy said he did not expect his client to remain on the free-agent market very long.

Levy and Schulters had submitted a final restructured contract proposal to the Titans on June 15 and the team took 24 hours to consider it. But in the end, the Titans opted against it, deciding to release Schulters, who was scheduled to make $2.75 million in base salary with a $4.2 million salary-cap charge.

Schulters spent three seasons in Tennessee and was a regular starter at free safety before suffering a foot injury last season that forced him to miss 13 games.

So, do we bring him in???

June 16th, 2005, 5:10 pm
RIP Killer

A former 49er - we have to bring him in. :wink:

I don't see the harm depending on his contract demands. The Lions have potential cuts to make at DL and LB (and perhaps CB) so if they can work that into the cap I don't see why not. Walker would certainly be released then as well.

June 16th, 2005, 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

If we do look at him I can bet what Mooch will say about him

He's a "heck of a player"... He just over uses that phrase IMO

couldnt hurt, but we have to be nearing our cap space, and We havent signed our Draftee's yet either

I'd take one more solid secondary player, but you can only get so deep at one position and were pretty deep in the secondary right now, so I d be surprised if we did

June 16th, 2005, 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

We actually have a lot of corners, and only 3 safeties. Some of those corners are guys that could play safety, but are still corners.

I also wish i knew how to quote what you said, but i don't. Please teach me how

June 16th, 2005, 6:49 pm
QB Coach

We actually have a lot of corners, and only 3 safeties. Some of those corners are guys that could play safety, but are still corners.

I also wish i knew how to quote what you said, but i don't. Please teach me how

In the upper right hand corner of each message box, there is a box that says "quote". You can click on that.

You can also reply, copy and paste, and in the message entering spot, highlight what you want quoted, and click the quote box above the message spot.

Sounds confusing, but hope it helps!

June 16th, 2005, 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

I still don't get it. When i do what you tell me to do, it has the thing i want quoted with this in front of it : [quote][/quote]

June 17th, 2005, 12:43 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

I still don't get it. When i do what you tell me to do, it has the thing i want quoted with this in front of it :
Quote:

The first quote (in brackets) should come before the text you want to have quoted. the /quote (in brackets) should come at the end of the text you're quoting.

1) Hit the quote button (it's between the "underline" button and the button that says "code")
2) Enter (or paste) the text you wish to quote.
3) Hit the quote button again.

You can use the "Preview" option to see if it worked.

OR

When reading somone's post that you wish to quote and respond to you can simply hit the "quote" button next to their post. This will send you to the "post reply" screen with the full post already quoted for you and you can then add your thoughts. :)

I don't know if this makes things seem clearer or not...but I hope it helps. :wink:

June 17th, 2005, 1:24 am
Stadium Announcer

[quote]I don't know if this makes things seem clearer or not...but I hope it helps. [quote]

This is what happens

June 17th, 2005, 12:22 pm
Modmin Dude

Quote:
I don't know if this makes things seem clearer or not...but I hope it helps.
Quote:

This is what happens

Make sure there is not check mark in disable BBCode in this post

June 17th, 2005, 12:29 pm
Stadium Announcer

Make sure there is not check mark in disable BBCode in this post

It was checked. I aslo clicked that bbcode thing on the lower left hand side in options. I copied what it said and it worked.

Thanks for all the help!

June 17th, 2005, 3:38 pm
QB Coach

As for Schulters, we don't have the money.

June 19th, 2005, 11:51 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

The Lions should at least bring in Shulters for a visit. They could release some cap space if they are really interested in signing him. Right now I feel that safety is the weakest position on this team. Kenoy is a solid run stopper, but not a great coverage player. Holt is untested, but I am hoping he plays as well as I think he can. Beyond them there's no one. RW has been played at the safety positions, but it doesn't make him a true safety. He's played corner more than anything. Getting a player like Shulters, who can play either safety spot, would allow us to rid the team of Bracy Walker.

Sorry, but I just don't like Walker being on this team.

June 20th, 2005, 2:48 pm
Stadium Announcer

Sorry, but I just don't like Walker being on this team.

You and me both

June 20th, 2005, 3:43 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

NEVER GIVE UP!

June 20th, 2005, 4:09 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

And if someone would be so kind and tell me how to shrink my avatar that'd be nice.

NEVER GIVE UP!

June 20th, 2005, 4:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next