View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 8:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 AZ HAKIM TO SIGN WITH THE SAINTS ON MONDAY 
Pop Warner Allstar

Post AZ HAKIM TO SIGN WITH THE SAINTS ON MONDAY
only details given, it will be for 1 year contract just above minimum as reported by espn's len pasquarelli.

IF HE DOESN'T GET COLD FEET THAT IS (sorry k.c.).

k.c also signed freddie (i can't catch a cold) mitchell.
boy, isn't k.c. hurting for wide-outs!!!!!!!!!

June 19th, 2005, 11:24 am
QB Coach

Oh my, Kansas City may have the worst wideouts in the league.

I remember getting bitched at for saying that KC had a need at wide receiver. Now it's probably the weakest position on their team.

June 19th, 2005, 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Allstar

she spelled my name wrong it's RON NOT BRIAN , SHE'S SO SILLY WHEN SHE TEASES ME LIKE THAT.

I'LL HAVE TO SPANK HER LATER FOR THAT.

June 19th, 2005, 11:35 am
QB Coach

STAY OFF MY WOMAN!

June 19th, 2005, 11:41 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

"CHIEFS IN HOT WATER OVER HAKIM?

Stranger than the fact that receiver Az Hakim spurned the Chiefs in favor of the Saints is the fact that Hakim actually practiced with Kansas City on Wednesday.

Although the quotes and quips flowing from Hakim's presence for the Chiefs' final involuntary voluntary session of the offseason clearly indicated that Hakim was now a member of the team, he hadn't actually signed a contract yet.

So what was he doing on the practice field?

Per a league source, a player who is not under contract cannot practice with the team. The only exception applies where the player participates on a tryout basis, with league approval.

We're presently trying to find out whether the Chiefs intended Hakim's presence on Wednesday to be only a "tryout," and whether they had indeed secured advance approval from the league. If not, the folks in the league office might be interested in having a little powwow with Dickie V. and company.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs have replaced Hakim with former Eagles receiver Freddie Mitchell.

Freddie Mitchell? Please.

"I think anytime you get a fresh start, it?s good and he?ll start fresh,? Vermeil said.

Okay, coach. Under that logic, why not sign Koren Robinson?

Vermeil then suggested that Mitchell's problems in Philly traced only to his relationship with one person, presumably quarterback Donovan McNabb.

"He really only had problems in Philadelphia with one guy, not the team," Vermeil said. "That happens from time to time. [Eagles coach] Andy Reid assured me he?s a good guy, and we thought he was a good guy when he came out and he'll fit in nicely."

We don't see Mitchell fitting in anywhere. His pre-Super Bowl comments made it obvious to everyone that he possesses a dangerous mixture of arrogance, ignorance, and self-absorption.

Everyone, that is, except the Chiefs."

June 19th, 2005, 1:29 pm
QB Coach

Okay, coach. Under that logic, why not sign Koren Robinson?

I was wondering that... Robinson has had some issues, but he is talented. A team could use him, and we are hearing about Az-Zahir Hakim and Freddie Mitchell.

Robinson has had a much better career than either of them.

Anyways, I don't think Freddie is that bad of a guy. He was being funny, and some people took it WAY too seriously. Actually, he was helping his team. People were paying too much attention to him rather than other players, because of his mouth, and cared way too much about him. He was a distraction for opposing teams.

June 19th, 2005, 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

it's not FredEx's mouth that would worry me, it's the fact that he sucks.

June 19th, 2005, 11:25 pm
Stadium Announcer

it's not FredEx's mouth that would worry me, it's the fact that he sucks.

That's pretty true. I also don't think Robinson would have been a better choice because he's a drug abuser. If you get tagged three times, aren't you out? That would definitly scare me away. This signing was good, simply because Trent Green is like Peyton in the sense he makes everyone around him good or better.

June 20th, 2005, 12:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]