View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Lindy's Grades 
RIP Killer

Post Lindy's Grades
Anybody see it? I picked up a copy at a local gas station for a whopping $7 and it was a decent read. Has some scantily clad cheerleaders in there though, good stuff. They did a good job on the ratings IMO, however, it seemed as if you had a Peter Bouleware and 2 scrubs in your LB corps, you automatically got an 7.5 or 8.

The Raven secondary only got an 8; is there a better secondary in the league??

For those of you who say, F that to paying $7 for a magazine, here are the Lions ratings (according to Lindy's).

Coaching : 8
QB : 6.5
RB : 8
WR : 7.5
OL : 7
DL : 7.5
LB : 6.5
DB : 7
ST : 8
Intangibles : Plus 2
-- After struggling through season of 2-14, 3-13, 5-11, and 6-10, the Lions believe they can compete for the NFCN title as well as their first playof berth since 1999, their last full season under Bobby Ross. They have good chemistry on and off the field, and they have more playmakers than they have had in years. The Lions have no excuse for winning fewer than nine or 10 games, and they might not need one.

I think that giving the Lions LB a 6.5 is rough. With a healthy Boss, Teddy, Dirty and the depth, they should be around a 7 or 7.5 in my book.

Last edited by conversion02 on June 21st, 2005, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 21st, 2005, 1:09 pm
RIP Killer

That publication has also predicted the Lions to lose the the Falcons in the NFC Championship game this season.

hat36.gif

June 21st, 2005, 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

That publication has also predicted the Lions to lose the the Falcons in the NFC Championship game this season.

hat36.gif

WHAT? you dont think the Falcons will make it? :lol:

June 21st, 2005, 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Like someone else said there is a difference between being fair and accurate. At just one level you must adhere rigorously to history for the former and project aggressively in the latter case when it comes to ratings. The one critical thing to note is that the weak link in the Lions is the head of the snake. That can be trouble.

June 21st, 2005, 1:54 pm
RIP Killer

hat36.gif

Yeah, I saw that...As a homer I say, "WTF?" However, thinking normally without a face full of cornbread, I say, "wow, they have us going to the NFC Championship???"

I just wanted to throw out those rankings to see what everyone thought and where we could use room for improvement.

June 21st, 2005, 1:58 pm
National Champion

I think that the 8 in coaching is a gift.

June 21st, 2005, 8:26 pm
QB Coach

Get this - the Sporting News has us winning the division!

June 21st, 2005, 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Well, I hope that works out better than there prediction that we would win the Super Bowl. :twisted:

June 21st, 2005, 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

Imagine, the Lions in the Superbowl in Ford Field. Yes, yes, yes......Honey do my other arm this time.

June 22nd, 2005, 1:57 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Lindy's Grades
conversion02 wrote:
Anybody see it? I picked up a copy at a local gas station for a whopping $7 and it was a decent read. Has some scantily clad cheerleaders in there though, good stuff. They did a good job on the ratings IMO, however, it seemed as if you had a Peter Bouleware and 2 scrubs in your LB corps, you automatically got an 7.5 or 8.

The Raven secondary only got an 8; is there a better secondary in the league??

For those of you who say, F that to paying $7 for a magazine, here are the Lions ratings (according to Lindy's).

Coaching : 8
QB : 6.5
RB : 8
WR : 7.5
OL : 7
DL : 7.5
LB : 6.5
DB : 7
ST : 8
Intangibles : Plus 2
-- After struggling through season of 2-14, 3-13, 5-11, and 6-10, the Lions believe they can compete for the NFCN title as well as their first playof berth since 1999, their last full season under Bobby Ross. They have good chemistry on and off the field, and they have more playmakers than they have had in years. The Lions have no excuse for winning fewer than nine or 10 games, and they might not need one.

I think that giving the Lions LB a 6.5 is rough. With a healthy Boss, Teddy, Dirty and the depth, they should be around a 7 or 7.5 in my book.

Conversion,

I'm with you.

LB @ 6.5 is a joke!!

But so is WR @ 7.5.

DB @ 7 feels a little light, but OL @ 7 might be to strong.

It just goes to show you that all these national mags are just one man's opinion about the team. And often times they are just not close enough to the city they're writting about to know what's going on.

June 22nd, 2005, 6:21 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Post Re: Lindy's Grades
conversion02 wrote:

Hey, that's me! downtown.gif

June 22nd, 2005, 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]