View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 8:30 am



Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 All starts under center (Harrington benched by week 3) 
Author Message
QB Coach

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 8:33 pm
Posts: 3222
Post 
conversion02 wrote:
Brian, by your optimistic predictions, the Cards will be 11-3 going into Philly. Now, wouldn't Denny rest his "stars" against these two teams since 11 wins means winning the division and locking up a playoff spot? If that's the case, I think Philly and Indy both have the better teams. I'm sure Denny would rather finish 11-5 and have a good chance at winning a playoff game rather than finishing 13-3, drafting higher, and playing a playoff game with tired players.


Denny is playing for a first round bye. Philadelphia will already have clinched home field.

conversion02 wrote:
Beating St. Louis twice? Wow. They've improved their LBers a bit and their O is awesome. Warner won't beat his old team.


Arizona last season vs. STL

L 10-17 (Week 1 @STL)
W 31-7 (Week 15 @ARI)

Warner won't beat them... he'll sweep them.


June 23rd, 2005, 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10295
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post 
11-5 usually means a first round bye. Granted, that's your optimistic prediction and an 8-6 record going into Philly seems MUCH more realistic. In that case, yes, they'd be playing for a first round bye.

As I said, bold call to say the Cards will sweep the Rams. A split would be a non-cornbread call.


June 23rd, 2005, 12:35 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12079
Post 
Brian wrote:
Cardinals 2005 Schedule:

@ NY Giants - W (Beat them last season, why not again this year?)
St. Louis - W (KILLED them last year, will do it again)
@ Seattle - L (Division Champs @ Home? Uh ohhh)
San Francisco - W (It's the Niners)
Carolina - L (Panthers are a good team, thromped us last year)
Tennessee - W (Chow can't work miracles)
@ Dallas - One of the three hard games to call
Seattle - W (Beat em last year, can do it again)
@ Detroit - L (Detroit's got us the last 2 times)
@ St. Louis - W (Lost by a TD last year, when we threw a pick and fumbled in the end zone)
Jacksonville - One of the three hard games to call
@ San Francisco - W (It's the Niners)
Washington - W (It's the Redskins...)
@ Houston - One of the three hard games to call
Philadelphia - W (they won't play McNabb and Owens this late)
@ Indianapolis - W (all their starters will be resting at this point)

So I see us at worst 10-6, at best 13-3

10-6 is my prediction.

All I can say is WOW!!!!! new_shocked.gif Must be a good serving of cornbread and kool-aid. I would be very interested to see what you think that Lions will do this year? BTW, Brian, do you live in AZ??? Just wondering.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


June 23rd, 2005, 1:03 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 8:33 pm
Posts: 3222
Post 
I mean, come on, it's not that out of the ordinary.

San Francisco - that's two easy wins.
Tennessee - Uh huh
Washington - Look at their passing game

There's 4 wins right there.

We took care of SEA and STL last year at home. We'll likely do the same with an improved team.

Two more wins.

There are 6 easy wins. Then you have @NYG, @SEA, CAR, @DAL, @DET, @STL, JAX, @HOU, PHI, @IND

We can take 4-6 of those...


June 23rd, 2005, 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10295
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post 
Brian wrote:
There are 6 easy wins. Then you have @NYG, @SEA, CAR, @DAL, @DET, @STL, JAX, @HOU, PHI, @IND

We can take 4-6 of those...


That's what I can't seem to comprehend.


June 23rd, 2005, 6:42 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 8:33 pm
Posts: 3222
Post 
conversion02 wrote:
Brian wrote:
There are 6 easy wins. Then you have @NYG, @SEA, CAR, @DAL, @DET, @STL, JAX, @HOU, PHI, @IND

We can take 4-6 of those...


That's what I can't seem to comprehend.


Detroit - 6-10
Dallas - 6-10
NY Giants - 6-10
Carolina - 7-9

St. Louis - 8-8
Houston - 8-8
Jacksonville - 9-7
Seattle - 9-7
Indianapolis - 12-4
Philadelphia - 13-3

Four teams that were below .500 last season. Of course you could beat them.


June 23rd, 2005, 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10295
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post 
Well...you predicted that Dallas would be too tough a game to call and you predicted a loss to Detroit and Carolina. That means the Cards lose to at least 2 out of those 4 teams under .500.

I still don't see how they could improve so much to a 10-6 team at the very least. My prediction is 8-8 with 9-7 a very real possibility. 10-6 is a stretch, but what do I know?

As far as Detroit, 10-6 is a stretch IMO. 9-7 is a very, very real possibility considering all the close games last year that were lost by a touchdown and all the key players on IR (Boss, CRog, and Drummond towards the end of the year).

My question is, you say Detoit will have a tough time passing 8-8, but you have your Cards easily surpassing that mark. What gives? I believe you said 6-10 for the Lions in a previous thread (pessimistic, yes, but you said 10-6 for the Cards as a pessimistic prediction). I'm too lazy to find the earlier thread. Both teams improved a good amount. I don't get it.


June 23rd, 2005, 8:25 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 8:33 pm
Posts: 3222
Post 
conversion02 wrote:
My question is, you say Detoit will have a tough time passing 8-8, but you have your Cards easily surpassing that mark. What gives? I believe you said 6-10 for the Lions in a previous thread (pessimistic, yes, but you said 10-6 for the Cards as a pessimistic prediction). I'm too lazy to find the earlier thread. Both teams improved a good amount. I don't get it.


Simple. Arizona doesn't have question marks at the quarterback position. Detroit does.


June 24th, 2005, 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12079
Post 
Brian wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
My question is, you say Detoit will have a tough time passing 8-8, but you have your Cards easily surpassing that mark. What gives? I believe you said 6-10 for the Lions in a previous thread (pessimistic, yes, but you said 10-6 for the Cards as a pessimistic prediction). I'm too lazy to find the earlier thread. Both teams improved a good amount. I don't get it.


Simple. Arizona doesn't have question marks at the quarterback position. Detroit does.
You're putting a lot of faith in Warner, aren't you? I just don't think he's that good as a starter. He's been injured for what, the past 3 years? And as for us at QB, Joey may be a question, but if he falters there is Garcia who I believe is not washed up. He knows Mooches system and can run it very effectivly. Actually I put Warner and Garcia on the same level, if one if questionable, so is the other.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


June 24th, 2005, 12:39 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9866
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
I have to agree with Wags on this one Brian. You put faith not only in Warner's play, but his ability to last the season in a healthy manner. I would have preferred Kurt over Jeff as the backup, but if Kurt goes down the Cards will be hard pressed with McCown as the replacement. If Joey goes down then Jeff is a suitable replacement. I think Warner is a better passer, but Garcia already knows the system here. Pretty much a coin toss given all of that.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


June 24th, 2005, 12:54 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 8:33 pm
Posts: 3222
Post 
Garcia's QB Rating last season - 76.7
McCown's QB Rating last season - 74.1

Yet Jeff is a "suitable replacement" and McCown will put the Cardinals in a terrible situation.

iamwithstupid.gif


June 24th, 2005, 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9866
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
Numbers, my boy, mere numbers. Jeff is a more seasoned veteran coming off the bench. McCown is still getting his feet wet. If the starter goes down to injury, I would prefer to have the veteran.

I actually like McCown. I think he has a very live arm and with time can be a good player. But he needs that time to learn the system and develop the timing. He's not getting that as the backup.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


June 24th, 2005, 1:35 pm
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: April 27th, 2005, 3:26 pm
Posts: 1775
Post 
Quote:
Garcia's QB Rating last season - 76.7
McCown's QB Rating last season - 74.1

Yet Jeff is a "suitable replacement" and McCown will put the Cardinals in a terrible situation.


I don't believe the numbers tell a complete story. Garcia was hurt for much of the year, and when he did play Cleveland was still trying to find their identity on offense. As of now, they still don't know who their RB will be to start the season.

Just for the fact that Garcia knows the system so well, he is a much more suitable replacement than McCown would be if Warner were to go down with an injury.

_________________
Regards,

Tim

Image


June 24th, 2005, 1:44 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10295
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post 
Brian, you've got to compare the talent on the teams. Arizona vs CLEVELAND! Tell me who's going to do better.

Garcia had practically nothing to work with while McCown had a superstar in Boldin and a potential superstar in Fitz. That and the fact that Garcia was getting mugged because the only quality player on the Cleveland OL was Verba.

I don't think McCown will ever cut it as a starting QB, but I'm willing to give him at least one more full year (if he gets the chance) to prove right or wrong.


June 24th, 2005, 1:49 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 8:33 pm
Posts: 3222
Post 
m2karateman wrote:
Numbers, my boy, mere numbers. Jeff is a more seasoned veteran coming off the bench. McCown is still getting his feet wet. If the starter goes down to injury, I would prefer to have the veteran.

I actually like McCown. I think he has a very live arm and with time can be a good player. But he needs that time to learn the system and develop the timing. He's not getting that as the backup.


You're telling me that a guy that a team just acquired, who hasn't played with any of the players he is playing with before, doesn't need time to "learn the system", but the man who was the STARTING QUARTERBACK FOR THE TEAM last season, "needs time to learn the system and develop the timing"?

That argument is completely illogical. If anything, it's Garcia who needs to learn the system, learn the timing.


June 24th, 2005, 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.