View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 4:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Cast your ESPY vote: Best NFL Player 

Tom Brady 65%  65%  [ 11 ]
Daunte Culpepper 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Peyton Manning 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
Donovan McNabb 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Terrell Owens 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 17

Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

:lol:

I guess I should have said that he performs while under pressure, comes through in the clutch, whatever. In my mind, Peyton doesn't, at least not as well as Tom does. Peyton is an amazing talent, as I saw in both my fantasy leagues last year. But he doesn't have the "pelts on his pony" as Bill Parcells says. When it has mattered most, Brady has performed, and Manning lost. In my mind its the same comparison of Marino to Montana, with Montana winning out.

June 30th, 2005, 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Definately Tom Brady; He's a Michigander and a 2 time superbowl MVP with other impressive stats...

Michael Huff for DROY

June 30th, 2005, 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

pablo- in response to your comments about peyton manning. i dont think that he has to necessarily beat the patriots but he needs to show that he can at least do some damage against them. in the last 2 playoff meetings vs the Pats, Manning has looked like a subpar QB, this past year McNabb and Roethlisberger played better in the playoffs vs NE than Manning did and Brady played well vs tough defenses like philly and Pittsburgh. To me, a QB hasnt proven much unless he is under pressure, by that I mean elimination games either in the playoffs or at the end of the regular season. Regular season stats and physical attributes take a back seat to this when differentiating among the best. If Manning plays a great game win or loss vs a tough defense in the playoffs then he may move up my list but until now he hasnt really shown that the defense is the reason they are losing those playoff games.

July 1st, 2005, 12:23 am
Varsity 1st Team

Those are very good points. I will agree with Brady being Mr. Clutch and cool underpressure. Even more so than Manning. And I will agree for Manning to be called the "best ever" he will have to beat the Patriots in a playoff game and win a championship.

Before I leave this "tastes great, less filling" subject, Manning's single season, multiple record setting year. The best season ever, by any QB. My vote for last season's "best player" goes to Manning. Just call me a homer!

:D I see it now... the Colts beat the Patriots in this season's playoffs by 20 pts. and meet the Lions for the Super Bowl on the Lions home turf!! :lol:

Best Regards,

K-Mart

P.S. Pablo, I see Los Toros are ready, the STUDS are ready and I know I am RRREEEAAADDY! But, where is everyone else?

July 1st, 2005, 10:29 am
Hall of Fame Player

:D I see it now... the Colts beat the Patriots in this season's playoffs by 20 pts. and meet the Lions for the Super Bowl on the Lions home turf!! :lol:

Now you're talking!!

I knew I'd like this guy from south of the border.

:wink:

July 1st, 2005, 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2