View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 10:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 How 'bout this for a trade?! 
RIP Killer

Post How 'bout this for a trade?!
From KFFL:
Quote:
Raiders | Looking to Acquire Owens?
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:41:47 -0700

WPVI.com reports there is some speculation the Philadelphia Eagles could trade WR Terrell Owens to the Oakland Raiders for WR Jerry Porter. If the trade were to occur, the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL: Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. Moss told reporters Wednesday, June 29, he could co-exist with Owens as long as he got the number of passes he deserves.

I just don't see this happening. And I feel sorry for poor Kerry Collins if it does. The man will get an earful everytime one or the other catches a pass.

June 30th, 2005, 2:32 pm
RIP Killer

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay...Porter is a good WR, but he's not TO. I don't honestly know why they would trade. It's not like a team will be able to cover the Moss and Porter anyway. The Raiders will play half-assed this year because their D is terrible, they'll be lucky to get into the playoffs. I can't see TO wanting to go to a team that has a good paper offense and a proven terrible defense. Moss and TO would be a nightmare, for everyone.

June 30th, 2005, 2:36 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If I were Philly, I would make them throw in Curry, and then jump on it. They would be able to get rid of the cancer on their team, and get two very good guys. But as Mike said, both of them will want their touches, since they're both big fat-heads.

Incidently, Curry was my free-agent steal in my fantasy league before he got hurt. :cry:

June 30th, 2005, 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Think of all the off season fireworks. I can just see TO cutting Moss down to size. Make for an interesting shower confrontation. Please God, make this happen.

Pablo, clear space on the hard disk. The bad boys thread is about to get very busy.

June 30th, 2005, 2:59 pm
RIP Killer

Pablo, clear space on the hard disk. The bad boys thread is about to get very busy.

LMAO!!! :lol:

June 30th, 2005, 3:15 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I would do the trade if I was I 'Philly if it were Ronald Curry, Jerry Porter and a 1st rounder. That would be a fair trade but other then that; no...

Michael Huff for DROY

June 30th, 2005, 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I would do the trade if I was I 'Philly if it were Ronald Curry, Jerry Porter and a 1st rounder. That would be a fair trade but other then that; no...

No way Philly gets that much to trade a disgruntled player.

This trade won't happen for one big reason....salary demands.
Moss and Owens each want to be the highest paid player in the NFL. The Raiders (nor any other team) can afford to have both of them on the roster and be able to field an able bodies team.

July 1st, 2005, 9:06 am
Hall of Fame Player

:shock:
Okay...Porter is a good WR, but he's not TO. I don't honestly know why they would trade. It's not like a team will be able to cover the Moss and Porter anyway. The Raiders will play half-assed this year because their D is terrible, they'll be lucky to get into the playoffs. I can't see TO wanting to go to a team that has a good paper offense and a proven terrible defense. Moss and TO would be a nightmare, for everyone.

And...

Yorick wrote:
Think of all the off season fireworks. I can just see TO cutting Moss down to size. Make for an interesting shower confrontation. Please God, make this happen.

As twisted as it may sound... I agree with both of these statements.

I don't think it will happen and it shouldn't. But man, it would be fun if it did!!

:twisted:

July 1st, 2005, 10:00 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Next, maybe the Raiders can trade for Kris Jenkins. Could you imagine pairing him up with his 'close personal friend' Warren Sapp?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

July 1st, 2005, 10:12 am
Hall of Fame Player

Next, maybe the Raiders can trade for Kris Jenkins. Could you imagine pairing him up with his 'close personal friend' Warren Sapp?

IMO, the Raiders are 'The Dirty Dozen' of the NFL and Al Davis is the Major played by Lee Marvin.

If you remember the movie the Dozen where all misfits. In the end only the Major and a few others survived.

July 1st, 2005, 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

headbang.gif

Come on Oakland, make it happen.

July 4th, 2005, 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity 1st Team

I heard this won't happen because Oakland can't play with two QB's and two balls!! Also, they would have to release their center(s) due to their contracts.

K-Mart

July 5th, 2005, 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]