View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 8:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Ty Law Interview - ESPN 
NFL Team Captain

Post Ty Law Interview - ESPN
Ty Law had plenty to say in an Espn interview which aired Monday morning at 6:00 am.

Andrea Cramer asked Law about his health, concessions he would be willing to make and what type of contract he would accept.

As for his health, Law says he is about 80% but will be ready to go when everyone else heads for camp later this summer ( looked pretty good in the workout video they showed).

Concessions? Law said he would not make any. He want's his market value.

As far as a contract goes, he wants multiple years at the aforementioned "markwt vlaue". He will not accept a one year deal and definately will not accept the league minimum.

Law says he does want to play but dosen't need to. He said anyone who says it's not about the money is lying.

As much as I would like to see Law in a Lions uniform, I think we may want to take a long hard look at Lance Schulters and see if He would be more team friendly. Especially at a position where we have a greater need than conerback.

July 4th, 2005, 6:19 am
RIP Killer

I agree. At this point the Lions have a far greater need to develop quality depth at safety.

Law is insane if he thinks he's going to get 'market value' when he's been injured for close to a year. He said in the interview that he's 80%. Well I guess he's regressed, because a month ago he claimed he was at 85%, and would be 100% by training camp. Looks like Ty will either have to reduce his asking price, or sit out the year. If he sits out the year, there's no way he gets a starters sized contract in 2006.

July 4th, 2005, 10:57 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I just can't believe Law is holding to that hard stance of wanting to be paid 'in the top 5'. When I saw the interview, it kind of turned me off to Law. Remember, this was the same guy that threatened to never play for the Patriots again AFTER they won the 1st of 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. And he was still under contract at the time!

The more I think about it, I would rather not have that type of selfish player on our team. Millen has done a good job of getting character players on our team. I do not want to ruin that with a player more worried about what's best for him than what is best for the team.

On another note, does anyone know the situation with Schulters?

Tim

July 5th, 2005, 11:08 am
Hall of Fame Player

I agree. At this point the Lions have a far greater need to develop quality depth at safety.

Law is insane if he thinks he's going to get 'market value' when he's been injured for close to a year. He said in the interview that he's 80%. Well I guess he's regressed, because a month ago he claimed he was at 85%, and would be 100% by training camp. Looks like Ty will either have to reduce his asking price, or sit out the year. If he sits out the year, there's no way he gets a starters sized contract in 2006.

M2K,

I agree.

Listening to this morron and / or his agents (the Poston Bros.) is like watching a the Three Stooges.

Only it's not funny.

July 5th, 2005, 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

I was really high on Law until I saw this interview. I still believe that he is a great player but I think he has his head in the clouds. He is too high on himself.

This makes me want Schulters even more. I'm sure we could sign him but I think the powers that be may be waiting for camp to start to see if the Oline is going to pan out. We may need to spend our money there. It would be sweet if Butler turns out to be the stud he was proclaimed to be before he got hurt in school.

July 5th, 2005, 5:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]