View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 8:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Holdout + Rosenhaus = Same 'ol, Same 'ol... 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Holdout + Rosenhaus = Same 'ol, Same 'ol...
Quote:
Packers | G. Jackson Signs with Rosenhaus, Wants a New Contract
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 18:53:41 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers DT Grady Jackson has signed with agent Drew Rosenhaus and he has already let the team know he wants a new contract. According to Rosenhaus, Jackson is "very dissatisfied" with his current deal and probably won't report to training camp if the Packers don't rework it. Jackson still has a year left on a two-year, $2.31 million extension he signed at the end of 2003. The deal was restructured before the end of last season so Jackson could more easily earn money tied to a weight clause, and he was advanced $65,000 of his $665,000 base salary May 2. "That's a consideration, definitely," Rosenhaus said of a Jackson holdout. "Obviously, he wouldn't have changed agents if things had been going well. It seems he hasn't made the progress he wants to and that's why he hired me. He reached out to me." Jackson was previously represented by James "Bus" Cook.

Is it just me or does it seem that almost every holdout this year has signed Rosenhaus to be his mouthpiece?

And, is it me or does it seem like there's more holdouts this year than there have been in last 5 years combined?

And, is it just me who wants to hurl every time I hear about these guys who sign a deal and then want to change it as soon as they (or their agent) thinks they've overperformed?

The fact is this is Green Bay, it's their second time this year with this nonsense if I'm not mistaken, and it works out to the Lions advantage - on the surface and in the short term. But long term I think it stinks for the game and the fans. It's just low class.

Thank you...

That's my rant for the day.

July 5th, 2005, 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: Holdout + Rosenhaus = Same 'ol, Same 'ol...
LionFan57 wrote:
The fact is this is Green Bay, it's their second time this year with this nonsense if I'm not mistaken, and it works out to the Lions advantage - on the surface and in the short term. But long term I think it stinks for the game and the fans. It's just low class.

...Third. Walker, Bubba, and now this shmuck. Bubba is lying low because he's not seriously threatened a holdout, but has mentioned many times he wants a real deal and not the transitional tender that he got. He said a holdout is very possible.

July 5th, 2005, 10:35 pm
Pro Bowl Player

It's becoming obvious to everyone in Green Bay that there on the decline, I think all the hold-outs are just making it a little more apparent.

July 7th, 2005, 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Sure he's ruining the NFL... But give the guy some credit; I mean he's the best agent out there! 5butthead.gif

Michael Huff for DROY

July 7th, 2005, 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Well, like someone was saying on Total Access last night, you're going to have holdouts as long as you don't have guaranteed contracts.....but then again I agree with the sentiment that you are a man and you gave your word and signed a contract, therefore you should honor it....

July 8th, 2005, 9:26 am
Hall of Fame Player

Sure he's ruining the NFL... But give the guy some credit; I mean he's the best agent out there! 5butthead.gif

I don't believe Rosenhaus is ruining the NFL but he is sending a message to players and other agents that deals can be changed. He clearly he is a good negotiator and can get what he wants much of the time. But in the end he's a greedy piece of dog dodo and has no honor.

He may have bit off more than he can chew with the TO Vs. Eagles thing. The eyes of everyone in the NFL are watching this gambit and the Eagles will win - convincingly. He's going to look silly when that happens especially if TO fires him when it's over. And TO is stupid enough to do that.

July 8th, 2005, 9:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]