View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 8:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 TO 
NFL Team Captain

TO is a butt plug. He makes more than 7 mil a year and compares himself to Jesus. I wish he would hold out for the year, lose his salary and realize what he really has. Maybe TO and Javon Walker can get a job as a construction worker and find out what life is really about.

July 23rd, 2005, 7:08 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Hey Maybe it is hard to feed your family on $7 million a year.
I mean how many of us here have experience doing that?

What an rectum!

July 25th, 2005, 8:13 am
Modmin Dude

Post Owens says he'll be on time for Eagles camp
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PHI/8667694

Quote:
(July 22, 2005) -- Terrell Owens says he will report to the Philadelphia Eagles training camp even though he is hinting that he would agree to a trade because of a contract dispute.

Owens told the Philadelphia Inquirer for a story on its Web site that he would report to training camp, though he won't be happy if fails to get a new deal.

"I'll be there," Owens said. "I mean, the bottom line is that I still believe I deserve a new contract. I still believe I deserve more than what they've given me. But I'm not stupid. I'm not about to miss training camp, get fined every day and give them even more reasons to keep from paying me."

I guess this should end all speculations of a trade

Last edited by TheRealWags on July 25th, 2005, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 25th, 2005, 3:33 pm
Hall of Fame Player

At least I hope he does.

July 25th, 2005, 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

Buy stock in Bic cause that dude is gonna light it up this year and then force the teams hand even more.

July 26th, 2005, 10:57 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Owens Could Report then Fly the Coup
Quote:
Eagles | Owens Could Report then Fly the Coup
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:42:26 -0700

ESPN reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens could report to the start of training camp and then elect to depart early, forcing the Eagles' hand on what they want to do with him. Owens, as reported, has been surrounded with speculation that he would not report on time for training camp due to his desire to receive a new contract just one year after signing with the Eagles.

Now he's going to try to be a distraction in camp.

He's an rectum!

July 27th, 2005, 6:02 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

If he shows then leaves he is taking a huge risk. The Eagles will be able to give him a 5 day letter meaning that if he doesn't come back they can place him on the retired list and not pay him anything. I don't think TO wants to spend the year at home not getting paid at all.

July 27th, 2005, 10:42 am
RIP Killer

Buy stock in Bic cause that dude is gonna light it up this year and then force the teams hand even more.

You couldn't be more wrong if you answered 'True' on a multiple choice question.

July 27th, 2005, 11:11 am
Pop Warner Vet

I don't know the meaning of the word wrong. Not only cause I am virtually illiterate but also because it has never happened. Ever.

Who here waits for their employers to give them a raise? It is the teams fault for trading him to begin with and for Philly to pick him up. People whine about him "signing a contract" and he knew what he was getting into. But I could argue the EXACT same thing about Philly signing him. They knew they were not getting Barry Sanders or Marvin Harrison.

Here is what TO is looking:

Quote:
Owens set team records with 14 touchdown receptions and seven 100-yard games, and finished with 77 catches for 1,200 yards. He broke his leg and severely sprained his right ankle in Week 15 against Dallas, an injury that sidelined him until the Super Bowl.

Owens defied his doctor?s advice by returning to the starting lineup against New England just 6? weeks after ankle surgery, and was Philadelphia?s best player on offense. He caught nine passes for 122 yards in the Eagles? 24-21 loss to the Patriots.

Yes, he is a punk but at his age this is his last chance to get paid big. If I could act like a jerk for a few months to make an extra 20 million I would do it as well.

July 27th, 2005, 1:27 pm
RIP Killer

If $49 million isn't big enough, he needs to become a star NBA player or an MLB starting pitcher. In the NFL, that's plenty big.

You state that Philly knew who they were getting, but that also goes both ways. Terrell PICKED Philly, remember? He spurned a deal in Baltimore to play in Philly so he could go to the Super Bowl. The Eagles have NEVER renegotiated deals, especially long term deals going into their sophomore year. And both Owens and his a-hole agent knew the Philly policy. Philadelphia was going to the SB, with or without TO. They made it through the playoffs without him, didn't they? When TO signed that contract, it was his decision. The Eagles simply made an offer, they didn't blackmail him into the deal. If the money was unfair, he should have held out for a better contract then. What TO, Javon Walker, Grady Jackson and the rest of the Drew Rosenhaus malcontent pricks have to learn is that you live with your decisions and make the most of the opportunities you're given. TO wanted out of SF and into Philly. He got his wish. But being the punk assed POS that he is, it's not enough. If he feels he deserves to be paid as a top three receiver in this league, he should have demanded it LAST year. READ MY LIPS----NO NEW DEAL FOR OWENS. NO TRADES FOR OWENS. HE PLAYS FOR THE MONEY HE SIGNED FOR OR HE SITS AT HOME AND LOSES THE MONEY HE SIGNED FOR. His choice (again).

July 27th, 2005, 1:44 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Well said Mike. I'm tired of all this tough talk from players not happy with their deals. We certainly don't hear from these players if they are underperforming when signed to big deals.

Tim

July 27th, 2005, 2:03 pm
Modmin Dude

Can you imagine what would happen if the Team went to an underachieving player and said that they wanted to rework their deal so that they weren't making as much??? I mean hell, after all they're not playing UPTO their contract so they should give the money back, right?

July 27th, 2005, 3:13 pm
RIP Killer

Can you imagine what would happen if the Team went to an underachieving player and said that they wanted to rework their deal so that they weren't making as much??? I mean hell, after all they're not playing UPTO their contract so they should give the money back, right?

I can't say that I've ever heard of a team restructuring a contract so that a player actually gets paid less. I have heard of a team restructuring a contract to become more cap friendly, and that usually entails the player getting money that he would normally have to wait for fronted to him in the form of a signing bonus or roster bonus. If my company came to me and said "We aren't going to give you a raise, nor are we going to take money away from you. We just want to give you half of your salary now to make things easier for us. Your weekly paycheck will be cut in half, but you'll still get the same money overall."

Who wouldn't take THAT deal?

If a team feels a player isn't worth the money, they simply cut him. The penalty for the team is the cap hit. The penalty for the player is the chance to catch on with a new team and POSSIBLY get a better deal.

July 27th, 2005, 3:20 pm
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:

I can't say that I've ever heard of a team restructuring a contract so that a player actually gets paid less. I have heard of a team restructuring a contract to become more cap friendly, and that usually entails the player getting money that he would normally have to wait for fronted to him in the form of a signing bonus or roster bonus. If my company came to me and said "We aren't going to give you a raise, nor are we going to take money away from you. We just want to give you half of your salary now to make things easier for us. Your weekly paycheck will be cut in half, but you'll still get the same money overall."

Who wouldn't take THAT deal?

If a team feels a player isn't worth the money, they simply cut him. The penalty for the team is the cap hit. The penalty for the player is the chance to catch on with a new team and POSSIBLY get a better deal.
I was just saying that the way all these players are wanting to get a new deal because they outperformed their contracts, how would they like it if the Team wanted to give them a new deal because they underperformed their contracts. I mean that would be fair, right?

July 27th, 2005, 3:39 pm
Hall of Fame Player

... malcontent pricks ...

AND

m2karateman wrote:
... punk assed POS ...

Where's the Mod??

He said Prick!

I didn't know we could say prick!

I'd have called everyone a prick by now if someone told me we can say prick.

Since when are we allowed to say prick?

And he didn't mean 'prick your fringer'... No, he meant 'finger your prick'!!

It's not fair I'm not allowed to say prick. Why can he say prick?

Where's the Mod?

:lol:

BTY, He said rectum too!

July 27th, 2005, 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next