View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 7:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 TO 
Pop Warner Vet

I would say them going to the Super Bowl had something to do with his regular season performance ala "Owens set team records with 14 touchdown receptions and seven 100-yard games". I am sure his presence improved the team enough to get the wins to secure their NFC Championship making the road to the SB much more easy. The lost 3 games all year, 2 of which after his injury

And say hi to Luther Ellis "The Lions have gotten Luther Elliss to accept a $3.7 million pay cut". In addition there is that little thing about not having guaranteed contracts so at anytime a team can cut you. They may still owe on the cap but money wise if you didn't get it in the front end you're screwed.

The goal in the NFL is not to get to the Super bowl it is to win it. Without TO the Eagles will not win it. I call that leverage. Yes, I would love to see these baby millionaires get their mouth stapled shut but in the end he has a right to try and make more just like you or I.

You can make the argument about not being happy with 49 mil but it is all relative. I am sure you have a real nice house and cars and the whole deal but there is always more to be had. It's simple human nature and the guy living on 8 MILE is cleaning crappers so he can buy some Easy Mac and cheese looking at you saying the same stuff.

And btw, no one ever answered the being a dick to make 20 million question. Like I said my answer is HELL YES!

July 27th, 2005, 4:12 pm
RIP Killer

I was just saying that the way all these players are wanting to get a new deal because they outperformed their contracts, how would they like it if the Team wanted to give them a new deal because they underperformed their contracts. I mean that would be fair, right?

Not to the NFLPU. That's why it doesn't happen. The Union and the agents wouldn't allow it, even if players agreed to it. But you're right, it would be fair.

July 27th, 2005, 4:20 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Eagles | Owens: People Don't Understand
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:01:04 -0700

Shannon Ryan, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens, speaking to select reporters while attending a charity event in West Philadelphia Wednesday, July 27, said while he loves the fans of Philadelphia, many of them don't understand his current contract situation. "The fans here have been great," Owens said. "That's what I really want to stress. It's not the fans that I have a problem with. It's not all of my teammates that I have a problem with ... That's something people don't understand. If they're in my shoes, and what I've done on the field and they understand the contractual situation around me, then they know that my current contract is not fair." Owens and agent Drew Rosenhaus have been looking to rework the seven-year, $49 million deal Owens signed before last season, his first with the Eagles.

Yep! That's it TO! It's all of US that don't understand. YOU understand - WE don't!

Thanks for explaining that to me.

... Asswipe!

Quote:
Eagles | Not All is Well Between Owens and McNabb
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 00:19:51 -0700

Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens has a sense his relationship with QB Donovan McNabb remains troubled, even though they've discussed the rift, trying to put it behind them. "Who's to say? I don't really think that it's OK," Owens told the Philadelphia Daily News Wednesday, July 27, when asked the state of affairs between him and McNabb. "I think he feels a certain way, from what I've seen and heard in the media. When I'm around him, he tries to downplay it, like everything's cool, but I don't know if it is. I'm an honest person. I'll say what I have to say." Agent Fletcher Smith said he didn't want to speak for McNabb, but Smith said he feels "that there is no animosity on McNabb's part" toward Owens.

TO is going to be a huge distraction to the Eagles. This is just the begining.

July 28th, 2005, 7:01 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Luther Ellis never took a pay cut. He had his salary reduced by turning a portion of his salary into a bonus payment. Big difference. Instead of waiting for the money, he got some up front.

As for the right to make more money, yes, everyone has that right. But TO signed a contract, just last year. In the business world a contract is a contract, and you abide by it. The Eagles haven't broken the terms of that contract, Owens has. He agreed to it just over a year ago and needs to accept it. When you or I take a job, we don't sign a contract. He received $12.5 million up front. Do you get money up front like that when you get a new job? I didn't think so. If he thinks the deal is unfair, he should blame his agent and not the team that offered it to him.

As for the Eagles chances to win a Super Bowl without him, I'd say it's better than you think. How many superstar receivers do the Patriots have? The Eagles had TO and didn't win the SB with him. He played his heart out, no one is denying that. But that doesn't entitle him to erase the remaining six years away on his contract. There's 52 other guys on that squad making less than him that are honoring their contracts, and played their hearts out in the SB too. He's just a selfish punk who has made it clear to not only his teammates, but the entire NFL that no amount of money will make him happy. He has put himself into a position where no team wants to deal with him, including the one his is under contract to. Next time I hope he breaks both legs.

As for the guy cleaning toilets looking at me and saying the same thing, there's an extreme difference in situations. I work for the money I am paid, and am not trying to extort more by not going to work. The guy who is cleaning the crappers probably got involved with drugs, alcohol, didn't finish school, etc. He created his own private Hell. I don't dislike Owens because of the money he is making. I dislike him because he thinks what he agreed to is wrong and wants to blame others for it. It shows a lack of responsibility and accountability on his part. He's a whining bitch of a person, the type that blame everybody else for the problems. Those type of people, no matter what their income, make me sick.

Last edited by m2karateman on July 28th, 2005, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 28th, 2005, 7:29 am
Pop Warner Vet

John Clayton seems to think paycuts happen.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview02/column ... 24378.html

John Clayton NFL Super Nerd wrote:
Unlike basketball and baseball, NFL contracts aren't completely guaranteed. The NFL is a "play as you go" league, produce or else. Put together one or two good years, and management will be knocking at the player door asking for a paycut or offering a pink slip. With the NFL season approaching, here are the players on the hot seat.

m2karateman wrote:
The guy who is cleaning the crappers probably got involved with drugs, alcohol, didn't finish school, etc. He created his own private Hell.

Wow, awsome.

July 28th, 2005, 10:26 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Terrell Owens, Uncensored
SI.com presents...

Terrell Owens, Uncensored

Some of his most outrageous soundbites.

Quote:

"As you get to know me, you kind of figure me out, that I'm not as probably as bad of a guy that I've been reported to be. I'm not that jerk."
-- Owens to SI.com, October, 2004

"I'll watch the highlights every now and then but, as far as watching the game, I feel like I am the game."

"At the end of the day, I don't have to worry about what people think of me, whether they hate me or not. People hated on Jesus. They threw stones at him and tried to kill him, so how can I complain or worry about what people think?"
-- Owens to Miami Herald, July, 2005

"I have said it all along. I have played with the greatest receiver in the game. When I played with him, he made me better because I had a chance to go one on one. I had a chance to exploit guys who were man-to-man with me because they doubled Jerry [Rice] a lot. I am basically fulfilling his role. I know what my role is and I am just doing the best I can do."
-- Owens to Phillyburbs.com, July 2005

"I'm smart enough to know when I've done something wrong, but I don't understand this. Guys are beating their wives, getting DUIs and doing drugs, and I get national attention for a Sharpie? People are personally attacking me, calling me a classless a------ because I did something creative during a game. Why?"
-- Owens to ESPN Magazine, November, 2002

"I feel like I'm a basketball player in a football uniform."

"Like my boy tells me; if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat."
-- Terrell Owens on rumors former 49ers teammate Jeff Garcia was gay in Owens to Playboy, August, 2004

"To be honest, I think I'm a little better then [Randy] Moss. I bring a lot more to the table than he does."
-- Owens to St. Paul Pioneer Press, September, 2004

"The criticism that hurt me most is that I'm dishonoring the game, have no class, no respect. Who is Dennis Green to say that, when he couldn't control Randy Moss? I'm disrespecting the game? I'm not the one with the rap sheet. I've never taken a play off or not blocked. I guess walking off the ball and not blocking anyone like Randy is respecting the game, huh?"
-- Owens to ESPN Magazine, November, 2002

"Like I have said all along, I have the best doctor of all, and that is God. You can't argue with a guy like that."
-- Owens to reporters before Super Bowl XXXIX

"I came here with hopes of playing with a guy like Donovan who has obviously made me a better receiver. A receiver is only as good as his quarterback, and I thank God for Donovan. It started out when we played our first preseason game at the Linc. We showed the world and made a statement, and we're trying to finish it up here."
-- Owens to reporters before Super Bowl XXXIX

"Who's to say? I don't really think that it's OK. I think he feels a certain way, from what I've seen and heard in the media. When I'm around him, he tries to downplay it, like everything's cool, but I don't know if it is ... I'm an honest person. I'll say what I have to say."
-- Owens on Eagles QB Donovan McNabb in Philadelphia Daily News, July, 2005

"How can you justify hating me after I worked so hard rehabilitating from a broken leg to get back to the Super Bowl to help our team try to win? Really, you've got to look at who the villain really is in this thing."
-- Owens to Miami Herald, July, 2005

He's such an rectum! Every time he speaks all I hear is STUPID.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multim ... ent.1.html

July 30th, 2005, 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3