View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 4:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Shazor not reporting to camp 
RIP Killer

Post Shazor not reporting to camp
From fanball.com

Cardinals: Shazor fails to report

The News
Cardinals' head coach Dennis Green thought he signed the best of the undrafted free agents back in April when he signed strong safety Ernest Shazor. However, the former Michigan Wolverine has not reported to training camp. "We're being patient with him," Green told the Arizona Republic on Wednesday. "He has some issues he's dealing with." Green also indicated that Shazor is still upset that he was not selected on draft day and is also nursing a hamstring injury.
Our View
Get over it already! Shazor's certainly not the first undrafted free agent who thought his name should have been called on draft day, but he is the first in recent memory to jeopardize his career by sulking over it three months later.

August 5th, 2005, 8:24 am
Hall of Fame Player

I saw this and I'm really surprised Shazor is acting like this. It's not a good sign at all. If he doesn't get back into camp he's going to screw up his career.

Denny Green must attract the 'Underwood' types.

August 5th, 2005, 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I love Shazor, But he needs to get his head out of his rectum and realize he was undrafted and he's puting his career in jeopardy!

Michael Huff for DROY

August 5th, 2005, 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Looks like little Ernie needs some time in the 'Naughty Chair'....

Grow up and deal with it, punk :!:

August 5th, 2005, 1:14 pm
Bubbles the Lion

Just a thought. Wouldn't it be better to heal a hamstring under the teams
care.They do have pretty good doctors (team or independant),that's
what Nate Webster ( LB- Cincy) is doing.Webster took a paycut (he
would have been waived otherwise )and stayed with the club just so he could rehab on with the teams doctors.He'll be back by mid-season and
hopes to impress in order to get a decent FA contract next year.

I know different circumstances (rookie FA vs. veteran) but it still seems
he should get in camp so the team can take care of him.They liked him
alot and he was probably a shoe in to make the roster even if the hammy
shut him down for a couple of weeks.This is as big a mistake as him going
pro.The way D. Cobb (MSU last year) ran around him twice on the same
play in the same game,should've told him he wasn't premier prospect.He
could still be decent pro (special teams) and make a good living.In todays
game,he just doesn't have the speed and footwork for coverage.He's a hammer,but only is effective going downhill.I just wonder who told him to go pro knowing how slow he is,should've used his last collegiate year to improve his speed and footwork.

August 5th, 2005, 6:56 pm
RIP Killer

You're right David, they must have liked him since they gave him a 3 year deal as a URFA. After he wasn't drafted and still got a 3 year deal, he doesn't report? The big dummy. But as far as declaring...I agree - bad move.

August 5th, 2005, 7:29 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Even if Shazor does not end up as a safety, he would be a great candidate to play linebacker. Other former UM safeties have made the move. Cato June and Tommy Hendricks were starters last season at OLB.
I hope Shazor can get back on track, I doubt the hamstring is the only thing keeping him out of camp. Whatever it is, it is probably one of the main reasons he went undrafted compounded by the question about his ability to defend the pass.

August 7th, 2005, 10:13 am
Hall of Fame Player

Who would be interested in having him in Detroit as a backup Safety?

August 7th, 2005, 10:44 am
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

I think it would be a great pickup. I'm still shocked that the Lions didn't try to sign Shazor or James Butler as UDFA's.

August 8th, 2005, 5:36 am
RIP Killer

The News
Undrafted rookie safety Ernest Shazor reported to training camp on Saturday, but did not take part in Monday's practice, according to the Arizona Republic. Shazor claimed that he did not report to camp due to family issues. Last week, Cards' head coach Dennis Green told the media that Shazor was still recovering from a hamstring injury and was extremely disappointed that he was not among the players selected at the draft.
Our View
Shazor didn't do himself any favors by missing training camp time. Perhaps his breakdown over going undrafted explains why so many teams passed on him. The former Michigan Wolverine has the talent to play at the pro level, but it's possible that teams passed him over because of maturity issues.

August 10th, 2005, 7:49 am
Hall of Fame Player

... Shazor didn't do himself any favors by missing training camp time. Perhaps his breakdown over going undrafted explains why so many teams passed on him. The former Michigan Wolverine has the talent to play at the pro level, but it's possible that teams passed him over because of maturity issues.

I can't say that I blame teams for passing on a guy who they think has maturity issues. Shazor is 21 y.o. - but he's expected to deal with his situation and get his rectum into camp.

He is at a fork in the road with his career right now. He can go be an unemployed angry man, OR, go show all 32 teams that they should have drafted him in the first place.

I don't know who his agent is but that guy should be sitting down with Shazor and help get his head straight. That would be a good agent story as opposed to the stuff we always hear about Rosenhaus.

August 10th, 2005, 8:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]