View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 2:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 John Abraham 
NFL Team Captain

Post John Abraham
With all the rumors of Ty Law's immenent signing it appears that John Abraham is plent pissed with the Jets' management. What do you guys think the chances are of the Lions pulling the trigger on a deal for him.

He seems to be a whiner, but would be a helluva step up from what we have opposite James Hall. We thought about throwing the same kind of money at Law and DE is a much greater need than a CB.

What would it take to pull off a trade with the Jets?

August 8th, 2005, 5:29 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Probable just a couple of picks... Right now you put an idea in my head and I want it to happen!! :D

Michael Huff for DROY

August 8th, 2005, 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: John Abraham
jomo269 wrote:
With all the rumors of Ty Law's immenent signing it appears that John Abraham is plent pissed with the Jets' management. What do you guys think the chances are of the Lions pulling the trigger on a deal for him.

He seems to be a whiner, but would be a helluva step up from what we have opposite James Hall. We thought about throwing the same kind of money at Law and DE is a much greater need than a CB.

What would it take to pull off a trade with the Jets?

I wouldn't say no to this but I'd want to exhust the chances of Darren Howard at NO first.

But to answer your question; I think we would be looking at giving a player and a draft pick (maybe 2nd, probebly 3rd round) to make it happen. They want and need an end to replace him then they would want a pick for compensation. We would have to lose a player or two in order to fit him under the cap anyway.

August 8th, 2005, 11:10 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I'm sorry, but I think going after Abraham would be damned stupid. The Lions would be expected to give up way too much. The self-centered Abraham would most certainly expect to get a contract larger than Ty Law's, and the Lions can't afford that. Other than James Hall, none of our defensive ends is making 'big money'. We would be forced to not only have over a high pick to the Jets, but would have to part with two or more players that contribute as starters.

Abraham showed what he was made of when he refused to play in the playoff games last year because he didn't want to risk injury prior to becoming (or so he thought) a free agent this past March.

August 8th, 2005, 10:42 pm
Baton Girl

Abraham is a tough one. He has all the talent in the world. But he is ALWAY banged up.

He got a bad rap in the postseason last year. Truth was he wasn't healthy enough to play (this is from the team doctors). Regardless though he is never on the field. Especially late in the season.

I wouldn't feel comfortable giving him a long term deal.

August 9th, 2005, 7:18 am
Hall of Fame Player

Abraham is a tough one. He has all the talent in the world. But he is ALWAY banged up.

He got a bad rap in the postseason last year. Truth was he wasn't healthy enough to play (this is from the team doctors). Regardless though he is never on the field. Especially late in the season.

I wouldn't feel comfortable giving him a long term deal

This from a Jets fan.

This is why I would rather look at Darren Howard first.

(I appreciate the honest feedback Max).

August 9th, 2005, 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

Maxman wrote:

I wouldn't feel comfortable giving him a long term deal

This from a Jets fan.

This is why I would rather look at Darren Howard first.

(I appreciate the honest feedback Max).

57....last year I give him a pass for not playing. A few years ago they played in Oakland (playoffs) and he sat out the 2nd half with a stomach virus. Granted he threw up but cmon. Gotta get out on the field!

August 9th, 2005, 9:55 am
Pro Bowl Player

Did the Jets do enough in the offseason (besides stealing Ty Law from under our noses) to make another playoff run?

Quote:
57....last year I give him a pass for not playing. A few years ago they played in Oakland (playoffs) and he sat out the 2nd half with a stomach virus. Granted he threw up but cmon. Gotta get out on the field!

:shock: thought could have been a not so purdy site

August 9th, 2005, 10:12 am
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

Hello Maxman,

Did the Jets do enough in the offseason (besides stealing Ty Law from under our noses) to make another playoff run?

The Jets biggest problem last year was the offense. They couldn't score against top defenses. Paul Hackett (OC) had become too predictable. Bringing in Coach Dinger from the Titans was huge. Also swapping Coles for Moss was big. Coles plays tough, Moss is either banged up or just playing soft. 1st round pick Justin Miller will handle the return duties for Moss.

Plus DC Donnie Henderson is now in his 2nd year. He did an incredible job last season. Not that he has more talent to work with it should only get better all around. Especially once John Abraham gets into camp.

That being said...there is a reason they play the games on the field!

August 9th, 2005, 8:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]