View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 4:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Owens leaves Eagles camp 
QB Coach

Post Owens leaves Eagles camp
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/specials/preview/2005/08/10/owens.leaves.camp/

Quote:
According to multiple reports, wide receiver Terrell Owens has left Eagles camp after exchanging words with coach Andy Reid in a team meeting.

Owens reportedly packed his bags and was expected to head home to New Jersey.

The Pro Bowl receiver is frustrated the Eagles won't renegotiate his contract. He is entering the second year of a seven-year deal that will pay him $49 million. Owens had 77 catches for 1,200 yards and 14 TDs in 14 games for Philadelphia last season. An ankle injury kept him out of the last two regular-season games and two playoff games, but he returned for the Super Bowl and had nine catches for 122 yards against New England.

Owens reported for the opening of Eagles training camp, but has missed five of six practices with an injured groin.

It was all over NFL Live... check Sportscenter tonight and i'll bet you they are all over it. Same with PTI and ATH. There was even a rumor that he was suspended.

August 10th, 2005, 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Dang Brian. Looks like we posted at the same time. Have the moderator take mine down :wink:

Tim

August 10th, 2005, 5:03 pm
RIP Killer

You both posted at the exact time to the minute and I was about to a minute later...

this is from Philly's site:

Quote:
?
Report: Owens leaves Eagles camp after spat

NFL.com wire reports

BETHLEHEM, Pa. (Aug. 10, 2005) -- Terrell Owenshas left Philadelphia Eagles training camp and returned to his home in New Jersey following an apparent verbal disagreement with coach Andy Reid, Philadelphia's ComcastSportsNet.com reported.

The dispute occurred during a meeting, the report said. Owens left the meeting, packed up his belongings and drove home.

Owens' publicist, who confirmed the incident and that Owens has left, is currently en route from Los Angeles to Philadelphia, the website said.

Owens did not practice with the team, but did work out with assistant trainer Chris Peduzzi on one of the adjacent practice fields.

Owens has missed five of the last six days with a groin injury suffered on Aug. 4. He ran some light routes and caught passes from a machine.

Owens is seeking to renegotiate the seven-year deal he signed last year. The Eagles have said they would not do so. On Aug. 1, Owens reported to camp on time, and agent Drew Rosenhaus said a walkout was unlikely.

August 10th, 2005, 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

If I were on the Eagles or a fan of the Eagles I would be saying Good Riddance to bad rubbish

August 10th, 2005, 5:09 pm
Hall of Fame Player

If I were on the Eagles or a fan of the Eagles I would be saying Good Riddance to bad rubbish

I agree the only problem is That's what he wants. He wants a nice big bonus again and if they cut him someone else will sign him and give it to him. Plus the Eagles take the cap hit.

I say suspend him. No pay and he can sit his worthless, no class rectum at home and watch the games on TV.

August 10th, 2005, 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

TheRealWags wrote:

I agree the only problem is That's what he wants. He wants a nice big bonus again and if they cut him someone else will sign him and give it to him. Plus the Eagles take the cap hit.

I say suspend him. No pay and he can sit his worthless, no class rectum at home and watch the games on TV.

Hear hear!!!!!!!

He needs a cold dose of reality. Let him miss the season if thats what he wants. He is only hurting himself by not playing.

August 10th, 2005, 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

It appears Owens will spend the next week here at his house.

Earlier this week Andy Reid was asked if TO's groin issue keeping him from practice was a fake. Reid's reponce was to protect TO saying "He's not that kind of guy - He would never do that".

Here's a lesson in getting screwed by No Class Losers who don't care about anyone but themselves.

After Reid sticks up for him TO causes yet another disruption in a team meating and starms out.

Read ESPN.com's John Clayton:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=2130937

TO is a as selfish as he is stupid. He's done NOTHING to deserve a new contract and it's arogance on his part to think otherwise. The Eagles were a successful team without him and they will be this year too; with or without TO.

If I was Jeffrey Laurie I would suspend him indefinately. Make him stay out of camp, the locker room and away from the other players. He would get paid nothing and no one else can sign him.

I would let him rot - not pay him a thing and give up the roster spot for 6 years just to see this asswipes career come to an end.

August 11th, 2005, 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:

Just keep him inactive for the whole year, similar to what Tampa Bay did to Keyshawn. Havent' heard much from Keyshawn since that happened, maybe it would work to quiet this prick down a bit, I doubt it, but its worth a try.

August 11th, 2005, 9:31 am
RIP Killer

This could have huge implications this year. Philly, without TO and Pinkston out for the year, doesn't have much at WR now. There is turmoil in the locker room. If this continues to play out badly - hummmm. Look around the NFC. It appeared there was the Eagles and then everyone else. If this knocks Philly back to earth - who is left to be worried about in the NFC?

The window is opening, it's anybody's to simply walk thru right to the Super Bowl.

August 11th, 2005, 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

This could have huge implications this year. Philly, without TO and Pinkston out for the year, doesn't have much at WR now. There is turmoil in the locker room. If this continues to play out badly - hummmm. Look around the NFC. It appeared there was the Eagles and then everyone else. If this knocks Philly back to earth - who is left to be worried about in the NFC?

The window is opening, it's anybody's to simply walk thru right to the Super Bowl.

Pablo I agree with you. This really seems to set the Eagles back in my mind.

However...

There are poeple who would disagree with us.

Check out SI.com:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/w ... index.html

Perloff thinks it doesn't matter.

I think if TO is gone and the Eagles get to the big dance then Andy Reid is coach of the year.

August 11th, 2005, 10:13 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

TO was born to be a Raider, right? Trade him for Joey Porter and some other WR like Alvis Whitted. Whitted made some nice big plays and Porter is a solid WR. The Eagles rid themselves of this enigma and Big Al loves having a-holes on his team.

Man that'd be a wicked tandem...Moss and TO.

August 11th, 2005, 10:20 am
Site Admin

Lions @ the Super Bowl in '06 new_shocked.gif tongue7.gif XXeyeslam.gif

:lol:

:paranoid:

8-[

August 11th, 2005, 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

TO was born to be a Raider, right? .

Wrong!

TO was born to be a LOSER!

Selfish, Imature and Stupid people LOSE in the end and they make those around them lose too!

Let him sit on his worthless rectum at home and listen to his music.

August 11th, 2005, 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

conversion02 wrote:

Wrong!

Selfish, Imature and Stupid people LOSE in the end and they make those around them lose too!

And that is different from being a raider how?

August 11th, 2005, 10:52 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

LionFan57 wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Wrong!

And that is different from being a raider how?

Good one bsand!

As for the rest of you, don't act so shocked. Owens said he would be disruptive. He was just looking for a reason to get his name back in the papers. Honestly, he's a bigger media hound than Courtney Love or Britney Spears.

August 11th, 2005, 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next