View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 GB 10, SD 7 
RIP Killer

Post GB 10, SD 7
Packers edge Chargers on late field goal

http://nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20050811_SD@GB

Just wanted to point out a few stats. We all know this is PS and can't expect much, but ---

Drew Brees - 2/5, 27 yards, 1 INT
Philip Rivers - 12/19, 97 yards, 1 TD
Aaron Rodgers - 2/6, 7 yards, sacked twice.
Ahman Green fumbled twice
GB had a total of 6 fumbles
Nate Kaeding missed 3 FGs in the 4th quarter
Brett Favre - 9/10, 91 yards, 1 TD
GB OL - sufficed, but didn't open a lot of holes
Darren Sproles - looked good catching the ball 6 catches 47 yards, avg 21 yards on KR.

Last edited by conversion02 on August 12th, 2005, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 12th, 2005, 8:37 am
RIP Killer

The most disturbing thing about this game is how good Favre looked. The Lions open their season against him, and he looked better last night than he has in a long time. Harrington better have a damned fine showing today, because according to sources he has not looked very crisp in camp this year.

August 12th, 2005, 9:07 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Favre definitely looked dialed in last night. He already is in regular season form after one preseason game. Add in the fact the guy has lost weight and is in better shape than he has been in about 5 years and that is looking like a scary opening game for us, even at home.

Tim

August 12th, 2005, 10:32 am
Pro Bowl Player

Favre definitely looked dialed in last night. He already is in regular season form after one preseason game. Add in the fact the guy has lost weight and is in better shape than he has been in about 5 years and that is looking like a scary opening game for us, even at home.

I figured he had to get into shape , after losing Wahle and Rivera he knew he was going to be doing some running around in the backfield..

August 12th, 2005, 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Man, I would not want to be the SD kicker today.

I bet he gets cut.

NEVER GIVE UP!

August 12th, 2005, 12:12 pm
RIP Killer

I bet he gets cut.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo. Kaeding is my homeboy from Iowa! The only FG he missed last year that cost the Chargers the game was against the Jets...which cost them a clutch playoff win. It's inexcusable for him missing 3 FGs in the 40-50 yard range in one game, but SD definately won't get cut. He was too high of a draft pick last year to cut.

August 12th, 2005, 12:24 pm
RIP Killer

I bet he gets cut.

Kaeding won't get cut. It was just an exhibition game, and the first one of the season. If he keeps missing, then he'll be looking for a job.

August 12th, 2005, 12:24 pm
QB Coach

Favre is pissed about the Rodgers pick... you can tell because he has a swagger in his game now and when he was asked about the mentoring, he was like "I'm not getting paid to mentor him, it's not in my contract. I only care about my own play".

August 12th, 2005, 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I droped Kaeding, right after that game... But, not because he missed, but because Sebastian Janikowski was on waivers 8) . Though it seems Kaeding can't handle pressure kicks, but he's a sophmore, he'll be great once hes a veteran....

Michael Huff for DROY

August 13th, 2005, 8:14 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I droped Kaeding, right after that game... But, not because he missed, but because Sebastian Janikowski was on waivers 8) . Though it seems Kaeding can't handle pressure kicks, but he's a sophmore, he'll be great once hes a veteran....

Janikowski is a head case. He's the European Terrell Owens. Nobody needs their kicker to be a distraction to the football players on the team. (Are you listening Vanderjagt??)

August 13th, 2005, 11:10 am
Varsity Captain

The most disturbing thing about this game is how good Favre looked. The Lions open their season against him, and he looked better last night than he has in a long time. Harrington better have a damned fine showing today, because according to sources he has not looked very crisp in camp this year.

I dont like seeing that at all, I think hes goin to play this year with a chip on his shoulder. He wants to end his career like Elway. Im more worried about the Pack than the viqueens just because of him.

August 13th, 2005, 11:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]