View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 3:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 TO and Rosenhaus interview 
RIP Killer

Post TO and Rosenhaus interview
Did anyone else watch the Berman interview with these two idiots during halftime of the GB and SD game last night?

Rosenhaus was the greedy moron on camera I always imagined him to be. Owens is the definition of a self absorbed maggot. Owens kept talking about what he did in the Super Bowl last year. Well, that's great. But that's 8 months behind us, and you've been acting like an rectum for that whole time. If you didn't have to play the game, then you shouldn't have. The fact that you did simply means you were playing according to the contract you signed only five months before.

Owens thinks he can force Philly to release him before having to pay a $7.5 million roster bonus due in March 2006, and get a fat payday from some other team. It won't happen, at least not to the tune of the cash he expects. I would LOVE to see Philly ice this idiot and put him like fourth on the depth chart. Then Rosenhaus would start losing clients because they will see him as a trouble maker. He's already lost some NFL guys because he's so involved with his 'holdout' clients.

August 12th, 2005, 11:44 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I saw that, and the sportscenter interview afterwards. What a moron. TO thinks he can play on a team without talking to anybody. He also said he has no desire to talk to McNabb.

BTW, what about this Super Bowl waiver nonsense? The Eagles say he wasn't even asked to sign one. But I don't want to think that Drew/TO are just making up crap now.

August 12th, 2005, 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

BTW, what about this Super Bowl waiver nonsense? The Eagles say he wasn't even asked to sign one. But I don't want to think that Drew/TO are just making up crap now.
I don't know what to think about this waiver stuff. I'm not sure that the NFLPA would've approved it.

August 12th, 2005, 12:23 pm
RIP Killer

Couple of thoughts here. As for the waiver, my guess is that TO didn't sign a waiver with the Eagles. He may have signed some sort of consent form from a doctor he was seeing who didn't think he was ready to play. That is the only thing I can think of here. If he did sign one with the Eagles - lets see it...

Owens also keep saying that he is not paid in the top 10 WRs. What is he talking about? I've looked up his base salary - $3.25 million. I don't know how much all the top WRs are making but I've glanced at some and it looks like TO is in the top 5 in terms of base. You toss in his upfront bonus and $7M bonus coming up and he is clearly one of the top paid WRs in the league.

Rosenhaus and Owens made a good move by having TO report to camp and then essentially be a pain and get asked to leave. I believe the Eagles will now be forced to pay him or cut him.

August 12th, 2005, 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Berman rolled over and took it from TO. I hate Chris "How do you want me?" Berman. I'm just surprised that during the interview he didn't ask TO, "Do I have any left on my lips?" Ahhh, man, Berman's a tool.

Pablo wrote:
Owens also keep saying that he is not paid in the top 10 WRs. What is he talking about? I've looked up his base salary - $3.25 million. I don't know how much all the top WRs are making but I've glanced at some and it looks like TO is in the top 5 in terms of base. You toss in his upfront bonus and $7M bonus coming up and he is clearly one of the top paid WRs in the league.

With his bonus...he's the highest paid WR in the game this year. Salary, he's in the top 10, but with the bonus, he's #1.

Last edited by conversion02 on August 12th, 2005, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 12th, 2005, 12:26 pm
RIP Killer

Rosenhaus and Owens made a good move by having TO report to camp and then essentially be a pain and get asked to leave. I believe the Eagles will now be forced to pay him or cut him.

Well, there's another school of thought here. In an ESPN article, it says that TO agreed not to be a nuisance in his contract. Essentially, his signing bonus as paid last year was $2.3 million, and if the Eagles decide that his conduct was 'behavior detrimental to the team', they could ask for $1.725 million of that bonus this year. So Owens may have really boned himself by having an argument with Reid. :D hat31.gif

August 12th, 2005, 12:34 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

From what I heard about the waiver, it was just the doctor asking him to sign the waiver releasing him from any obligation of TO playing in the Super Bowl being turned on him in any way. He was just covering his butt because TO insisted on playing and the doctor would not clear him for fear of TO reinjuring himself.

As for the Eagles, I had heard a rumor before (can't remember were I read it) that the Eagles wanted TO to sign off with them as well because the doctor would not clear him. I really don't think the Player's Assoc. would have even agreed on this, so I believe Joe Banner on this one.

Tim

August 12th, 2005, 2:46 pm
Site Admin

awsome...wut a nob. He lost me at hello and stuff. Really, from what he said was that 'if he was hurt and his career was ended he would not be an eagle this year'. Well no poop...who would be? Thus a career ending injury. I listened carefully and that is pretty much what he said...it's like saying...if I get paralyzed...I won't be able to walk :shock:

If someone has a trascript of his interviews post it cause that is such bs that he is trying to spin.

The other thing is that I heard some guy talking and he essentially said with his entire contract TO is in the top 3 paywise next to Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison. He was also warned not only by the Eagles but also by the NFLPA that he would NOT like this years contract because he received a lot of money up front. Well he got his big bonus and now wants more. I did not know that. I was assuming that he was being paid less(I never looked at the numbers not that it matters). I used to think Randy Moss was worse (driving with a lady on your hood is pretty bad) but TO is in the very least narrowing the gap big time. And the BEST part is he is trying his act in Philly were nobody is gonna lie down...these people booed Santa Clause for crying out loud lol.

If they let him rot on the bench and become irrelevant the Eagles would easily be my 2nd favorite professional football team of all time

August 12th, 2005, 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]