View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 1:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 RB Injury Updates: Griffin, Westbrook, McGahee, etc... 
RIP Killer

Post RB Injury Updates: Griffin, Westbrook, McGahee, etc...
For all you fantasy buffs this should help you in your leagues - good luck:

Broncos' running back Quentin Griffin will miss the remainder of the season due to the knee injury he suffered during Monday night's loss to the Bengals. A MRI exam conducted Tuesday confirmed that Griffin tore his anterior cruciate ligament, according to an ESPN.com report. Griffin rushed for 311 yards and two touchdowns, and one receiving score this season.

Eagles' running back Brian Westbrook will miss two games due to a broken rib he suffered during the week seven win over the Browns, according to an Associated Press report. The Eagles declined to comment on the story, but head coach Andy Reid is expected to address the issue on Wednesday. Westbrook has accumulated 707 total yards and one touchdown this season

Willis McGahee told Sporting News Radio on Tuesday that he expects to be named the starter for Sunday's game against the Cardinals. "Yes, I will be starting this game," McGahee told host James Brown, according to the Buffalo News. "Like I say, when the opportunity comes you just have to take advantage of it." McGahee made his first NFL start two weeks ago because Travis Henry sat out with plantar fasciitis. Henry returned last week, but was ineffective.

Running back Chris Brown made it through the entire 20-3 loss to the Vikings Sunday despite suffering what has been diagnosed as turf toe. "Chris Brown came in [Monday] morning and has a very swollen toe," Titans coach Jeff Fisher told The Tennessean. "He has turf toe. In all likelihood, he will not practice this week." Fisher added that he was awaiting the results of Brown's MRI before commenting further on his availability for Sunday's game against the Bengals.

Running back Domanick Davis, who sat out most of the Texans' bye week practices while recovering from ankle and thigh injuries, took most of the snaps with the first team during Monday's practice. He should return to the starting lineup for Sunday's game against the Jaguars. Davis was knocked out of the Texans' week-six win over Tennessee with a bruised thigh.

LaDainian Tomlinson's lingering groin injury responded better on Monday than it has in previous weeks, the Associated Press is reporting.

Buccaneers' head coach Jon Gruden said Monday that running back Michael Pittman will take the goal line carries while fullback Mike Alstott is sidelined. "I think you have to put Pittman in there," Gruden told the Tampa Tribune. "It's a change of pace for us, and it worked." Alstott is expected to miss four weeks with a strained MCL.

The 49ers are planning to promote practice squad running back Maurice Hicks and use him as a change of pace back for starter Kevan Barlow, according to the Mercury News. Barlow said Monday that he is okay with the decision to add another back to the mix. "I know I'm a beast," Barlow said Monday. "I know what I can do. I know I'm tight. I know I'm good."

October 27th, 2004, 10:29 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

The 49ers are planning to promote practice squad running back Maurice Hicks and use him as a change of pace back for starter Kevan Barlow, according to the Mercury News. Barlow said Monday that he is okay with the decision to add another back to the mix. "I know I'm a beast," Barlow said Monday. "I know what I can do. I know I'm tight. I know I'm good."

HAHAHA! This coming from a running back who is averaging 61.2 yards per game and 3.7 ypc.

Look at this acronym I found for RBBC

Robbing
Better
Backs of
Carries

October 27th, 2004, 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]