View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently February 22nd, 2018, 1:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 How big will the fine be? 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post How big will the fine be?
So, any guesses on how big Mike Brown's fine will be for the hit on Pollard? My guess is $7,500.

September 18th, 2005, 5:26 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: How big will the fine be?
lionsfanak wrote:
So, any guesses on how big Mike Brown's fine will be for the hit on Pollard? My guess is $7,500.

it should be $50,000.... but Im gonna say your close, somewhere around there

September 18th, 2005, 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Team President - Rod Wood

September 18th, 2005, 8:52 pm
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

September 18th, 2005, 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 19th, 2005, 10:43 am
Pro Bowl Player

http://www.pjstar.com/stories/092305/KI ... .073.shtml

Speaking of fines, Chicago Bears strong safety Mike Brown said he knew one was coming his way as soon as field officials Sunday told him his crushing hit on Detroit Lions tight end Marcus Pollard had been helmet-to-helmet. ... Funny thing is, as of Thursday night, the NFL had taken no action. ... Pollard, the former Bradley basketball player, said he was convinced Brown's play was not a dirty one, even though it laid Pollard out cold and left him with a mild concussion. ... My first impression of Pollard after interviewing him during his BU days was that he might be one of the classiest men ever to play basketball on the Hilltop, and he has done nothing over the intervening decade to dispel that. ... I asked him Sunday if he'd be ready to play in the Lions' next game, at Tampa Bay, and Pollard said, "You bet your bottom dollar!" ... I thanked him for his time, told him I was glad he was OK, and as we shook hands he said, "Tell everybody in Peoria I'll be back to see them this winter." ...

September 23rd, 2005, 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

http://www.pjstar.com/stories/092305/KIR_B7KVISCE.073.shtml

Speaking of fines, Chicago Bears strong safety Mike Brown said he knew one was coming his way as soon as field officials Sunday told him his crushing hit on Detroit Lions tight end Marcus Pollard had been helmet-to-helmet. ... Funny thing is, as of Thursday night, the NFL had taken no action. ... Pollard, the former Bradley basketball player, said he was convinced Brown's play was not a dirty one, even though it laid Pollard out cold and left him with a mild concussion. ... My first impression of Pollard after interviewing him during his BU days was that he might be one of the classiest men ever to play basketball on the Hilltop, and he has done nothing over the intervening decade to dispel that. ... I asked him Sunday if he'd be ready to play in the Lions' next game, at Tampa Bay, and Pollard said, "You bet your bottom dollar!" ... I thanked him for his time, told him I was glad he was OK, and as we shook hands he said, "Tell everybody in Peoria I'll be back to see them this winter." ...

Good post Ferris.

I'm so glad Pollard is on our team.

I've heard him on the radio several times now (AM 1270 - every Thursday) and he is a class guy. He's smart and knows how to make good things happen.

I really think he can help make a difference.

September 23rd, 2005, 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

http://chicagobears.com/news/insideTheB ... p?id=10993

Quote:
Brown fined $7,500 for illegal hit
More Inside The Bears
By Larry Mayer
September 23, 2005

Mike Brown drew a 15-yard penalty for this hit on Marcus Pollard last Sunday at Soldier Field.
LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Mike Brown wasn't surprised that the NFL fined him $7,500 for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Lions tight end Marcus Pollard, but coach Lovie Smith had an interesting take on the situation.
"The rule book states that if you hit someone helmet to helmet it's a fineable offense," said Brown, who realized he was guilty after seeing the play on tape. "It's a lost cause."

Smith also agreed that the fine was warranted, but the Bears coach feels that the blow that Muhsin Muhammad took on his 28-yard TD reception also should be reviewed by the NFL.

"They looked at it and they thought it deserves a $7,500 fine," Smith said of Brown's hit. "I can see that. I just assume that (Lions safety) Kenoy Kennedy was fined also because his hit looked a lot like Mike's."

September 25th, 2005, 1:36 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Called it!! Finally got something right. I just wish I could pick a winner :lol:

September 26th, 2005, 1:12 am
Team President - Rod Wood

I'm so glad Pollard is on our team.

I've heard him on the radio several times now (AM 1270 - every Thursday) and he is a class guy. He's smart and knows how to make good things happen.

I really think he can help make a difference.
[/quote]

in sarcastic chump voice, so why do you have a man crush on pollard? get over it dude? jk but payback for personal comments you have made to me about mike mcmahon and college etc in the past...

seriously though do you make your opinions on our players based on what they say on the radio? chris berman talks a mean game but i wouldnt want him on the lions. if pollard can produce better than our past TEs than I will be happy.

September 26th, 2005, 10:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]