View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 14th, 2018, 11:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 T Owens... what a character. 
Pro Bowl Player

Post T Owens... what a character.
Quote:
The Chiefs have problems, but they don?t approach the dysfunction going on in Philadelphia. In a poorly timed interview Thursday, Owens openly questioned Donovan McNabb?s leadership. He said that the Eagles would probably be undefeated if Brett Favre was their quarterback. ''If Donovan wasn't hurt, our record would probably be better,'' Owens said.

T.O. also spoke about the disrespect the organization showed by not honoring his 100th career receiving touchdown two weeks ago. He failed to mention that they did honor his 100th overall career touchdown in week three. T.O. has made some bone-headed statements in Philadelphia, but nothing as divisive during a season.

Nov. 4, 2005 - 2:00 pm et

Terrell Owens issued a public apology for his statements on ESPN Thursday night.
"I've had an opportunity to talk with the Eagles organization and I have learned that the team does not recognize individual achievements," Owens said. "It has been brought to my attention that I have offended the organization and my teammates. Therefore, I would like to apologize for any derogatory comments toward them." This would appear to clear Owens for Sunday's game. Earlier in the day, coach Andy Reid would not rule out a suspension.
Source: PhiladelphiaEagles.com

November 4th, 2005, 3:06 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I just hope that T.O. plays! I have him on one of my fantasy teams! Personally, I can't stand the guy, but he does get production.

November 5th, 2005, 1:09 am
Hall of Fame Player

I just hope that T.O. plays! I have him on one of my fantasy teams! Personally, I can't stand the guy, but he does get production.

Sly,

You're right he does get production. But he's such a distraction to any and every organization he's ever been a part of that I personally would never allow him on my team if I where coach or GM. Not a chance.

(Obviously I'm talking real life not FF). In real life he's a loser.

The bottom line is the Eagles got to the super bowl without him and didn't win it with him.

November 5th, 2005, 8:07 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

He is on my team too. I was starting Owens, R Wayne, and B Engram this week... now it looks like I will have to start D. Gabriel for owens. :cry:

Terrell Owens - WR - Eagles

ESPNEWS now confirms, Terrell Owens will be suspended indefinitely by the team.
At this point no one knows if this is just a one-game suspension or if the Eagles will actually suspend him for the season. Certainly Owens' reaction to the suspension should be interesting/entertaining. Nov. 5 - 12:34 pm et

November 5th, 2005, 2:05 pm
He is on my team too. I was starting Owens, R Wayne, and B Engram this week... now it looks like I will have to start D. Gabriel for owens. :cry:

Terrell Owens - WR - Eagles

ESPNEWS now confirms, Terrell Owens will be suspended indefinitely by the team.
At this point no one knows if this is just a one-game suspension or if the Eagles will actually suspend him for the season. Certainly Owens' reaction to the suspension should be interesting/entertaining. Nov. 5 - 12:34 pm et

I just saw this flash along the bottom of the screen... WOW... IMO what a personnel blunder!... Knowing the type of guy Owens is I can't believe that Phili didn't pull him aside, tell him WHY they didn't acknowledge his 100th career touchdown (IMO a classless move, but understandable given their philosophy), and temper the situation before it got out of control.

November 5th, 2005, 2:50 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Terrell Owens talked too much. His toxic torrent of words started flowing in February and reached a flashpoint Thursday night. Owens openly disparaged the Eagles organization and Donovan McNabb. The Eagles finally had enough. T.O.?s half-hearted apologies Friday fell short. Owens was suspended indefinitely Saturday for conduct detrimental to the team.

Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, Owens can only be suspended four games for this infraction. But it is very possible the Eagles will eventually choose the nuclear option. They can ?Keyshawn? their mouthy wideout, keeping T.O. inactive with pay for the remainder of the season. That?s what the Bucs famously did to Keyshawn Johnson after his insubordination riled Jon Gruden in 2003.

Source: RotoWorld.com

November 5th, 2005, 6:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]