View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 8:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 TO - TKO'd 
RIP Killer

Post TO - TKO'd
Eagles head trainer Rick Burkholder held a press conference on Monday afternoon to announce the bad news regarding Terrell Owens. The wide receiver injured his right ankle and knee in Sunday's game against the Cowboys. Owens has a sprain of the deltoid ligament in his ankle and will undergo surgery on Wednesday to stabilize the ligament. A screw will be inserted into the ankle. He also has a small fibula fracture just below his knee, but that break will only require rest. "We're holding out hope he can return," Burkholder told the team's official web site. The trainer said that they will check the injuries in about three weeks, and Owens could start running in about five weeks. However, the best-case scenario is that Owens would be able to return in seven weeks for the Super Bowl, provided the NFC-leading Eagles make it to the big game

December 20th, 2004, 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

I think it will be a huge challenge for Philly to re-tool their offense in the two weeks (three for them) before the playoffs. Todd Pinkston is their 2nd most productive WR and he has only 36 catches and 1 TD. The lack of TO will also allow defenses to focus on Westbrook who now appears to be their main weapon besides MCNabb. I look for their tight ends to become a more integral part of their offense.

The only good thing about this terrible injury is that we won't have to see Andy Reid in tights.

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

December 20th, 2004, 9:52 pm
QB Coach

It's going to be very hard for them to generate offense. The other wide receivers on the Eagles aren't good at all, Pinkston is afraid to go over the middle, Mitchell drops balls, and overall as a group they are terrible. Many analysts are laughing now at Reid, as they all told him to bench their good players as they pretty much had home field locked. They aren't the clear favorites for the super bowl anymore. It looks like a wide open NFC!

December 21st, 2004, 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]