View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Vick signs 10 yr/$130M contract 
RIP Killer

Post Vick signs 10 yr/$130M contract
Michael Vick agreed to a 10-year, $130 million deal on Thursday that will pay the star quarterback $37 million in bonuses. The contract's value surpasses the one signed by Peyton Manning in March that paid him $98 million with $34.5 million in bonuses. According the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Vick reached incentives in his original contract, a six-year deal that he signed as a rookie, which would have allowed him to void the 2005 and 2006 seasons. Had he done so, the Pro Bowler would have become an unrestricted free agent on March 2. This season Vick has thrown for 2,278 yards and 13 touchdowns while adding another 889 yards and three scores on the ground.

December 24th, 2004, 2:22 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Michael Vick is the most exciting player in the NFL. He is a garbage quarterback though. I am not saying that he isn't talented, just that he is not a very good quarterback. He benefits from letting the defenses drop into coverage, leaving a wide open middle and then putting his incredible talent to work. He sees the field well, and has the speed to use that vision. Make him stand in the pocket and throw the ball and he's in trouble.

The Falcons are putting their team in a tight spot. I just don't feel that a team can hand out that type of contract with salary cap constraints. Sooner or later it has to bite them. And just how long do you think Vick will be playing? He has played a total of one full season in the four that he has been in the league. There are quite a few quarterbacks in the league that I would want to lead my team if I were an owner or G.M. instead of him, and most of them aren't making that kind of money.

December 24th, 2004, 11:09 am
All State

Michael Vick is the most exciting player in the NFL. He is a garbage quarterback though. I am not saying that he isn't talented, just that he is not a very good quarterback. He benefits from letting the defenses drop into coverage, leaving a wide open middle and then putting his incredible talent to work. He sees the field well, and has the speed to use that vision. Make him stand in the pocket and throw the ball and he's in trouble.

The Falcons are putting their team in a tight spot. I just don't feel that a team can hand out that type of contract with salary cap constraints. Sooner or later it has to bite them. And just how long do you think Vick will be playing? He has played a total of one full season in the four that he has been in the league. There are quite a few quarterbacks in the league that I would want to lead my team if I were an owner or G.M. instead of him, and most of them aren't making that kind of money.

well said, vick is an incredible talent but he is not worth manning plus type money at this point. he also has shown to be suseptable to injuries.

December 25th, 2004, 1:02 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Blank is a smart business man. He realizes that Vick is his money maker, and brings the media and people to Atlanta. There is no way he could possibly allow him to even think about Free Agency in the future. Vick's jersey is the highest selling jersey as well in the league. He is the face of the league and Blank was going to lock him up for his entire career.

Maybe he wasn't worth all that money, but to lock him up for that long, they had to give him a lot of money. He is the most important person to a team in the entire league, with the exception of possibly Manning. If Vick goes down, their season goes down. Same for Manning.

December 28th, 2004, 1:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]