View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 26th, 2018, 11:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Kircus signed a 3 year contract with Denver.See in playoff? 
Pop Warner Rookie

Post Kircus signed a 3 year contract with Denver.See in playoff?
Quote:
Former Lions receiver David Kircus signed a three-year contract with the Denver Broncos, according a report in the Grand Rapids Press. Kircus, the former Grand Valley State standout who played in 12 games in two seasons with the Lions before being released at the end of training camp this season, told the paper he also received offers from Tampa Bay and Seattle. Terms of the contract were not released.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060105/SPORTS01/601050485/1049/SPORTS

January 5th, 2006, 1:28 pm
That's pretty cool... I'm glad to see that he found a team. I've always thought he was worthy of being a #4/5 type of guy. He's a good team player and he brings a ton of effort.

January 5th, 2006, 1:41 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

That's pretty cool... I'm glad to see that he found a team. I've always thought he was worthy of being a #4/5 type of guy. He's a good team player and he brings a ton of effort.

But he sure cant dance lol

January 5th, 2006, 4:39 pm
Varsity Captain

Too late for him to play in the playoffs, per Kowalski.

January 5th, 2006, 5:03 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

Apparently the Broncos were not able to sign him to their active roster at the beginning of the season when he cleared waivers. Since he was into his third year, he was no longer eligible for "practice squad" status(if he was I am sure we would have kept him). Denver apparently told him to keep in shape and there would be a spot for him after the regular season to sign a deal.

..apparently they kept their word...good for him :lol:

January 6th, 2006, 10:49 am
Hall of Fame Player

Apparently the Broncos were not able to sign him to their active roster at the beginning of the season when he cleared waivers. Since he was into his third year, he was no longer eligible for "practice squad" status(if he was I am sure we would have kept him). Denver apparently told him to keep in shape and there would be a spot for him after the regular season to sign a deal.

..apparently they kept their word...good for him :lol:

I'm happy for him too.

I think these signings happening around the NFL right now are people that are going to be headed to the European league for the spring.

Maurice Clarrett was going to be one of them too - but he got sidetracked.

January 6th, 2006, 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Allstar

Maurice Clarrett was going to be one of them too - but he got sidetracked.

:lol: TRUE DAT...

Not getting off topic, but truly, Clarett must just really, really, suck as a running back or have the worst attitude, or both(probably)...

How many backs did GB go through, or other teams this year...and he didn't warrant even a call as far as I know. Horrible.

Hopefully David will go over to Europe(if he is eligible, I don't know what the req. are) and benefit from more playing time.

January 6th, 2006, 11:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]