View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 26th, 2018, 11:46 am



Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Kircus signed a 3 year contract with Denver.See in playoff? 
Author Message
Pop Warner Rookie

Joined: November 28th, 2005, 4:50 pm
Posts: 85
Post Kircus signed a 3 year contract with Denver.See in playoff?
Quote:
Former Lions receiver David Kircus signed a three-year contract with the Denver Broncos, according a report in the Grand Rapids Press. Kircus, the former Grand Valley State standout who played in 12 games in two seasons with the Lions before being released at the end of training camp this season, told the paper he also received offers from Tampa Bay and Seattle. Terms of the contract were not released.


http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060105/SPORTS01/601050485/1049/SPORTS

_________________
Image


January 5th, 2006, 1:28 pm
Profile
Post 
That's pretty cool... I'm glad to see that he found a team. I've always thought he was worthy of being a #4/5 type of guy. He's a good team player and he brings a ton of effort.


January 5th, 2006, 1:41 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 12:45 pm
Posts: 1834
Post 
wjb21ndtown wrote:
That's pretty cool... I'm glad to see that he found a team. I've always thought he was worthy of being a #4/5 type of guy. He's a good team player and he brings a ton of effort.


But he sure cant dance lol

_________________
2011 Adopted Lion: Rob Sims/Looking for a side job at I.H.O.P because he can't stop making pancakes.


January 5th, 2006, 4:39 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 14th, 2005, 9:02 am
Posts: 309
Location: Oceania
Post 
Too late for him to play in the playoffs, per Kowalski.

_________________
"Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.." - Carl Sagan


January 5th, 2006, 5:03 pm
Profile
Pop Warner Allstar
User avatar

Joined: May 11th, 2005, 12:59 pm
Posts: 158
Location: Flint
Post 
Apparently the Broncos were not able to sign him to their active roster at the beginning of the season when he cleared waivers. Since he was into his third year, he was no longer eligible for "practice squad" status(if he was I am sure we would have kept him). Denver apparently told him to keep in shape and there would be a spot for him after the regular season to sign a deal.

..apparently they kept their word...good for him :lol:


January 6th, 2006, 10:49 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post 
pumpkinhead97 wrote:
Apparently the Broncos were not able to sign him to their active roster at the beginning of the season when he cleared waivers. Since he was into his third year, he was no longer eligible for "practice squad" status(if he was I am sure we would have kept him). Denver apparently told him to keep in shape and there would be a spot for him after the regular season to sign a deal.

..apparently they kept their word...good for him :lol:



I'm happy for him too.


I think these signings happening around the NFL right now are people that are going to be headed to the European league for the spring.

Maurice Clarrett was going to be one of them too - but he got sidetracked.

_________________
Image


January 6th, 2006, 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Allstar
User avatar

Joined: May 11th, 2005, 12:59 pm
Posts: 158
Location: Flint
Post 
Quote:
Maurice Clarrett was going to be one of them too - but he got sidetracked.



:lol: TRUE DAT...

Not getting off topic, but truly, Clarett must just really, really, suck as a running back or have the worst attitude, or both(probably)...

How many backs did GB go through, or other teams this year...and he didn't warrant even a call as far as I know. Horrible.

Hopefully David will go over to Europe(if he is eligible, I don't know what the req. are) and benefit from more playing time.


January 6th, 2006, 11:13 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.