View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2018, 2:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Packers New Head Coach - Mike McCarthy 
#1 Overall Pick

No, this isn't at all like Jackson. Jackson was drafted to start, and did start, and plays right now. He was starting the season he was drafted, and big things were expected of him this season, as the starter

I'll also add that Faulk and Jackson can be used on the field at the SAME TIME thanks to Marshall's great pass catching ability. They have split him wide in the past..........and having both of them out there makes for difficult match-ups in coverage.

January 13th, 2006, 8:03 am
Site Admin

Not to mention the gapping wholes in Green Bays line and loss of some key defensive guys. You can pick up FA QBs that can do better for the franchise than Aaron Rogers and with such an early pick this year it they could have gone for a Leinart or a V.Young this year who both are much better prospect than Rogers.

I know Joey Harrington, and Aaron Rogers is no Joey Harrington :shock: :lol:

January 13th, 2006, 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Not to mention the gapping wholes in Green Bays line and loss of some key defensive guys. You can pick up FA QBs that can do better for the franchise than Aaron Rogers and with such an early pick this year it they could have gone for a Leinart or a V.Young this year who both are much better prospect than Rogers.

I know Joey Harrington, and Aaron Rogers is no Joey Harrington :shock: :lol:

You really think Joey is better than Rodgers? I'm not saying he's not, I'm just surprised to hear that given the state of JH in Detroit.

IMO it doesn't matter if SJ started or not. Faulk was capable of starting for at least another season. And, remember, I don't disagree with either pick (Jackson or Rodgers), I just think it is hypocritcal to bash GB for drafting a future need at a value over a current team need. Especially given the amount of praise they got for the pick, and how "lucky" they were considered to be to get Rodgers that low.

January 13th, 2006, 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2