View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 16th, 2018, 5:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Bears-Panthers Playoff Game 
Stadium Announcer

Post Bears-Panthers Playoff Game
That was a helluva interception by Urlacher! I don't recall ever seeing one like that before.

I see the Bears are running Adrian Peterson instead of first-round rookie Cedric Benson in place of the injured Thomas Jones. Interesting.

January 15th, 2006, 7:05 pm
Stadium Announcer

That was an obvious pass interference by Bears CB Charles Tillman on Drew Carter at the goal line. Wasn't called. Carolina should've had the ball at the two.

January 15th, 2006, 7:20 pm
RIP Killer

Agree with that moldy - Carter was mugged before the ball was even close.

The Urlacher pick wasn't all that impressive IMO - seen way better. I think Urlacher is WAY overrated - he's got the best DL in the league IMO playing in front of him...so it doesn't take much for him to look 10 times better than he really is.

Alex Brown, Tommie Harris, Tank Johnson, Adewale Ogunleye - hell anyone would look good behind these guys.

January 15th, 2006, 7:24 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Post Re: Bears-Panthers Playoff Game
moldyoldie wrote:
That was a helluva interception by Urlacher! I don't recall ever seeing one like that before.

It was, but I believe I did see one just like it, pulled down by Boss Bailey this season ironically against Carolina (from Delhomme). Only thing is, Bailey one-upped Urlacher because Boss took it to the house.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/player/gamelogs/2005/395920

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

January 15th, 2006, 9:44 pm
Pro Bowl Player

I think putting Rex Grossman in lost the game for the Bears.

They had so much confidence in him they threw the ball over 40 times and abandoned the run. Every team that made it to the playoffs on the heels of another QB, only to change once they got there made a mistake IMO. The Bears were winning with Orton because they stuck with the run. They may see that in retrospect

January 17th, 2006, 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Totally agree Ferris...that seemed like a real bone head move to pay Grossman.

I know there were other factors...but:

5-11 in 2004 with Grossman
11-5 in 2005 with Orton

Why don't ya stick with what got ya there!

January 17th, 2006, 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

11-5 in 2005 with Orton

There were significant other factors like the fact that Grossman only played in 3 games in 2004 - kinda tough to pin their 5-11 season on him.

Bears fans and coaches do seem to be in love with guy and I'm at a loss as to why. CRog has played in more games than Rex (3 in 2003, 3 in 2004, 2 in 2005). His QB rating has dipped each year, from 74.8 to 67.9 to 59.7.

January 17th, 2006, 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
theAlphaMale wrote:

11-5 in 2005 with Orton

There were significant other factors like the fact that Grossman only played in 3 games in 2004 - kinda tough to pin their 5-11 season on him.

Bears fans and coaches do seem to be in love with guy and I'm at a loss as to why. CRog has played in more games than Rex (3 in 2003, 3 in 2004, 2 in 2005). His QB rating has dipped each year, from 74.8 to 67.9 to 59.7.

Even the players love him though... Referring to Grossman Muhsin said that kid is "nice".... not meaning that he has a nice personality, but rather the way John Salley uses the word to describe some of the most spectatular players in the NBA "Tracey McGrady, that kid is 'NICE'"..... Maybe he's a good practice player or something???? That said, I don't know that the Bears would have done anything different had Orton been playing. Perhaps they would have game planned a little differently and ran the ball more (something they probably should have done anyways), but other than that I think it would have pretty much been the same game.

January 17th, 2006, 1:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]