View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 20th, 2018, 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Dick Juaron 
Afghan Allstar

Post Dick Juaron
This is how the Lions are thought of in places other than Detroit. When Dick Juaron was announced as the Bill's new Head Coach on the radio here in San Diego, he wasn't mentioned as former Lions Defensive Coordinator. Just as former Bear's Head Coach. We continue to get no love

January 24th, 2006, 12:01 pm
Site Admin

lol...that's not uncommon. I posted recently when Marty M got the OC gig at Philly and they almost completley glossed over his lions tenure :lol: I am sure I can find that post somewhere...

January 24th, 2006, 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Jauron's experience pays off

Bills coach Dick Jauron got a later start than the Jets' Eric Mangini, but he's jumped to a significant lead in assembling his staff. Jauron beat out the Jets for former Rams offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild. The Bills made a great hire along their defensive line by getting Bill Kollar of the Rams. Those two moves show the advantage of having an established, longtime head coach vs. a young 34-year-old head coach. Jauron has a long history in the NFL and a great reputation for assistants. Mangini is a bright mind, but he doesn't have a long background of working with different coaches. It will be interesting to see how Mangini puts his staff together. Their seems to be mutual interest with the Dallas Cowboys in former Texans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer, so it will be interesting to see if Mangini can pull Palmer away from Bill Parcells.

Interesting take on Dick Jauron.

Now that he's left Detroit he's wise and experienced.

January 26th, 2006, 11:40 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Too bad he was a big dummy when he was here...

January 26th, 2006, 11:42 am
Site Admin

He has landed OC from the Rams Fairchild and may get Bates from Green Bay as DC...that's a pretty damn good staff I would say. I am not going to write Juron off...from what I have heard from players is that he has a high amount of integrity and sounds pretty similar to Rod Marinelli in his dealings with people.

Time will tell...

January 26th, 2006, 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

He has landed OC from the Rams Fairchild and may get Bates from Green Bay as DC...that's a pretty damn good staff I would say. I am not going to write Juron off...from what I have heard from players is that he has a high amount of integrity and sounds pretty similar to Rod Marinelli in his dealings with people.

Time will tell...

Abso-fricken-lutely!!

That is impressive. I don't think there's much wrong with Jauron - I think it's a personality thing and he wasn't 'firey' enough.

I think about it like this... How good would our defense have been had Mooch not lost total control of the team?

January 26th, 2006, 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]