View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2018, 9:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 LOL Superbowl pregame and halftime.... 
Pop Warner Allstar

Sorry man, but the Baby Boomers still rule the planet and you'll just have to wait your turn :lol:

btw, STEELERS 21, seachickens 10

and the Bus is retired.

February 5th, 2006, 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
National Champion

I think the NFL seriously misjudged the interest of most Americans in the Rolling Stones. I was at a Super Bowl party in Massachusetts and we changed the channel at halftime, and everyone agreed that they would've watched a Motown medley.

By the way, I enjoyed the McCartney halftime show last year. Paul McCartney has more talent in his pinky figure than the entire Rolling Stones do in their sagging old lady arms.

February 6th, 2006, 12:57 am
I think the NFL seriously misjudged the interest of most Americans in the Rolling Stones. I was at a Super Bowl party in Massachusetts and we changed the channel at halftime, and everyone agreed that they would've watched a Motown medley.

By the way, I enjoyed the McCartney halftime show last year. Paul McCartney has more talent in his pinky figure than the entire Rolling Stones do in their sagging old lady arms.

I agree with that whole heartedly. I think the SB should be a celebration of the culture of the hosting City. I would have loved to have seen a motown sound 1/2 time, or even a Kid Rock, Em, and Uncle Cracker Trio... maybe a camieo appearance of Bob Segar... that would have been sweet....

February 6th, 2006, 2:38 am
Hall of Fame Player

Strawberries&Chocolat wrote:

I agree with that whole heartedly. I think the SB should be a celebration of the culture of the hosting City. I would have loved to have seen a motown sound 1/2 time, or even a Kid Rock, Em, and Uncle Cracker Trio... maybe a camieo appearance of Bob Segar... that would have been sweet....

I agree with both of you.

I can't call myself a huge Motown music fan but it would have been far more appropriate given the history of the city. Besides Mick Jager looked horrible and worse, he was boogied himself out of breathe and couldn't belt the lyrics out. He was terrible - there's no way I'd pay $3-400 to see the Stones next time they tour.

February 6th, 2006, 6:58 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Besides Mick Jager looked horrible and worse, he was boogied himself out of breathe and couldn't belt the lyrics out. He was terrible - there's no way I'd pay $3-400 to see the Stones next time they tour.

LoL - I couldn't tell if he was :

A) simply out of breath,

B) drunk, or

C) forgetting the lyrics

February 6th, 2006, 9:44 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The reasons mentioned about about the entertainment during halfime for the SB is why I run to the store to get more beer and munchies. :)

NEVER GIVE UP!

February 6th, 2006, 12:48 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

For all you Motown fans---they did do the pregame show---where were you? :lol:

Kid Rock already did one.

Stones are not just an old band--their newest CD is doing well. They are as rooted in Blues as no other band, even back to Elvis' best days. And that is where Rock and Roll came from.

Frankly I would have loved to see Bob Seger pair up with Stevie Wonder.

February 7th, 2006, 12:32 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

OZ - Their new cd may be doing well, but you have to figure that it has more to do with what they've done in the past, ala Paul McCartney. Yeah, his new(er) stuff has done pretty well, but it's horrible. I loved the Beatles, but can't stand McCartney's new stuff.

The Stones are simply outdated. Everyone at the SB party I was at (15 of us or so) all thought the show was terrible. See my above post for the reason(s) why. It's not that I just don't like the Stones, but the fact the performance was atrocious.

They need to stop with the outdated, 63 year-old Brits and bring in some youth.

February 7th, 2006, 9:40 am
Site Admin

I thought it was pretty bad...there was NO ROOM for a new song in the middle. It was simply a bad song. Not to mention that instead of "try"...he said "twy" over and over again :roll:

btw...Aaron Nevell was awful...Aretha Franklin was bad too but Aaron was soo bad that he offset her a bit.

February 7th, 2006, 11:22 am
Profile WWW
National Champion

Super Bowl halftime shows are notoriously bad. When was the last time that you were seriously enterained by one? The snag seems to be that in trying to please everyone, you please no one.

February 7th, 2006, 9:13 pm
Super Bowl halftime shows are notoriously bad. When was the last time that you were seriously enterained by one? The snag seems to be that in trying to please everyone, you please no one.

The Kid Rock, Aerosmith, and company 1/2 time show was effin' GREAT!!!... I don't even remember who all was in it... Christina Agulera maybe? Beyonce?... there was a TON of stars poppin' outta that stage and watchin' Kid Rock and Aerosmith battle it out, and then play together was AWESOME!!!! I believe the "wardwrobe malfunction" or w/e was the year after, and the 1/2 time show has stunk ever since....

February 8th, 2006, 2:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2