View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 13th, 2018, 10:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Favre to Retire? 
ST Coordinator – Joe Marciano

Post Favre to Retire?
He thinks so.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/9197017

January 30th, 2006, 2:59 pm
Afghan Allstar

I think it's time for him to retire. He's one of the best QB's to ever play the game. He's got a ring. What else does he want?

January 30th, 2006, 3:40 pm
Site Admin

He wants to go out on top...but I have major doubts that it would be possible for him to have any success with this Packers team.

He should go now and let the Packers build for the future instead of hanging on to a eroding Brett Farve. Know when to say when Brett!

January 30th, 2006, 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He wants to go out on top...but I have major doubts that it would be possible for him to have any success with this Packers team.

He should go now and let the Packers build for the future instead of hanging on to a eroding Brett Farve. Know when to say when Brett!

I wholeheartedly agree. I think he should have left 2 years ago. I don't want to remember the aging Farve on the bad team. I want to remember the Farve in the prime years, even though he completly owned us.

It will be weird, however, the first time I see a qb not wearing #4 under center for the Packers.

Where is nitschkeisgod when you need him?

January 30th, 2006, 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

I've always hated that Greenbay had him. I respected the way he played the game more than almost any other QB. He's one of the few QB's besides Rothlesberger that I've ever seen throw a block for the RB. I don't personally care how his last year went, the man went .500 or better for about 10 years straight. He played through pain, injuries, personal drama like his dad's death, and his wifes cancer... It's safe to say he'll be a legend, and he did in fact, go out on top

January 31st, 2006, 12:09 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

He is kinda like Green Bays Barry Sanders...except with a ring :?

But as far as QBs go he is one of the most entertaining to watch outside of Elway in the 4th quarter. I guess Vick is entertaining as well but he has a lot more to prove.

Anyways...I respect the hell outta the guy even though he cried about Detroit...I kinda liked that too :twisted:

The other thing about him is that when he won it I cannot think of any stellar players on offense with him. I am not saying he did it alone but they certainly were not Indys triple threat. He was a great competitor and I can only hope that Detroit one day has that same sort of QB...we have always dreamed of having a top QB :cry:

Here's to you Brett

ImageImage
ImageImage

And here's why you need to retire :?

January 31st, 2006, 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Post Favre
The only reason you need to see for him to retire is his hair....he's got a lotta gray up there!!! I couldn't believe it when I saw the interview on ESPN because usually he's got that hat on he has.

January 31st, 2006, 8:15 pm
Pro Bowl Player

When he does retire there are going to be a lot of happy receivers. I've never seen a guy hang receivers out to dry as often and in such vulnerable positions as Favre did to his guys. He has had a big hand in ending and/or nearly ending a lot of guys careers. Guys like Sharpe and Brooks then there have been numerous times that Ferguson, Walker, and Franks along with other s have been seriously injured going up for one of Favre's passes into triple coverage. There haven't been many Packers I've liked but Sterling is one of them and it bugs me that his career was shortened because he was out there making Favre look good.

January 31st, 2006, 8:39 pm
ST Coordinator – Joe Marciano

I had not thought of that. I am having a hard time remembering all the injury plays though. Walker was definitely not his fault.

February 2nd, 2006, 12:49 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

If I faced the prospect of playing behind that offensive line for another season, I think that I would decide to retire too! Favre has always been durable, but he's getting up there in age. I'm not sure how much more punishment he can take.

February 2nd, 2006, 7:41 pm
Pro Bowl Player

If I faced the prospect of playing behind that offensive line for another season, I think that I would decide to retire too! Favre has always been durable, but he's getting up there in age. I'm not sure how much more punishment he can take.

I agree. If they were a serious contender it would be one thing but he has to ask himself if he wants to go through a rebuilding period or not.. which likely means more pain and more losing.

February 3rd, 2006, 2:19 am
Bubbles the Lion

I say he should cut his losses and call it quits this year. He's a great qb and like many have already stated I don't wanna see him ending up being one of these old washed up qb's who doesn't know when quitting is in their best interest.

From packers.com
Quote:
At A Glance

* The NFL's only three-time MVP (1995-97), ranks in the league?s top three in four major categories: second in touchdowns (376), second in completions (4,306), third in attempts (7,003) and third in yards (49,734)
* Stands alone at third on the all-time QB wins list with 135, behind only John Elway (148) and Dan Marino (147). With a 135-70 record, holds the fourth-highest winning percentage (.659) among starters who have begun their careers since the 1970 league merger (min. 100 starts)
* Possesses a 38-3 home record including playoffs when the kickoff temperature is 34 or below; owns an impressive 95.0 passer rating in those contests
* Has started 205 consecutive games (225 including playoffs), an NFL record for a QB; made his 200th straight start Nov. 29, 2004, in Monday night win over St. Louis, a day proclaimed as ?Brett Favre Day? in Wisconsin by Governor Jim Doyle

February 3rd, 2006, 10:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]