View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 9:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Will Brett Favre Retire? 

Will Brett Favre retire?
Poll ended at January 30th, 2005, 6:49 pm
Yes 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
No 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 9

Will Brett Favre Retire? 
RIP Killer

Post Will Brett Favre Retire?
I guess there was some fallout by Brett Favre after the game. He didn't show up to the press conf. until 45 minutes after the game - an unusually long time for Brett.

From what I heard, Brett went into the GM's office and said he was ready to retire. The GM "talked Brett off the cliff" and told him not to make an "emotional decision" based on one game.

From Brett's comments after the game, I really couldn't interpert anything beyond that.

If Favre retires, and depending on what the Pack does at QB, you gotta think the Lions move into the #2 spot in the NFCN and challenge the Vikes for the top spot.

January 10th, 2005, 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Farve
I think that Farve might retire. He has nothing to prove. He has been consistantly brillant and has won a Super Bowl. I don't think that he wants to be the next Jerry Rice, driving on fumes. The only thing that I think he might come back for is so that the Packers can devolpe a QB so that they aren't left hanging with no QB. He loves that team quiet a bit, has strung out his contract to make it more cap friendly, and that might make him come back.

January 10th, 2005, 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I doubt it. He seems like he's got too much pride to go out after a game in which he throws 4 picks. I think he can handle losing but not in that way.

January 11th, 2005, 2:14 am
Modmin Dude

I think he will be back for at least one more campaign. Probably to help develope a QB and as a sort of "last hurrah"

Joe Fauria, MVP!

January 11th, 2005, 10:04 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I think he should go. Staying around will just hurt his standings as a great QB. The Pack are done. They have salary cap problems and cant sign to upgrade. they need to abonden ship and keep Green and build around him.

January 11th, 2005, 11:15 am
Modmin Dude

After thinking about it for awhile and seeing that they will be losing some of their Oline...he may just go. Either way, its been fun to watch him. He is one hell of a QB and can't wait to see him go into the HOF.

Joe Fauria, MVP!

January 11th, 2005, 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]