View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 21st, 2018, 6:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Detroit Bias for the Steelers?? (Political Rant too :) 
Bubbles the Lion

Post Detroit Bias for the Steelers?? (Political Rant too :)
How does everyone feel about the ridiculous bias that the officials from Detroit have been showing to the Steelers?? Kwame made it "Jerome Bettis Week." He's taken campaign contributions from Bettis and Bettis' construction firm just won a huge bid for construction in downtown Detroit. http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seahawks/story/5494913p-4954101c.html
^^^ Thats where I got some of this info from but I think they're all pretty much biased based on what I've seen. Now I don't have a huge problem with this because I'm rooting for the Steelers and my man Larry Foote in the Super Bowl. Also I know Pitt has been through similar job-loss problems and is also more of a blue collar town therefore we've got more of a tie to them. Is this bad for the city or am I kinda blowing it out of proportion?

On a separate note Kwame is garbage :evil: just another example of some cronyism from him. Also I heard he had 6 bodyguards with him at a recent Super Bowl event that contained many more high profile people than him. :evil: :evil: :evil: Glad I don't live in Detroit, Kwame is digging Detroits financial grave, but I guess soon enough all the MI taxpayers will pay to get him and the D out of debt.

February 1st, 2006, 9:56 pm
RIP Killer

I could personally care less that Bettis is from Detroit. What Kwame did doesn't surprise me...he's Kwame. I think he's an idiot and did in fact show a bias on behalf of the city, which is completely wrong IMO. As I said...it's Kwame.

I can't imagine him making a proclamation in Favre's honor if Favre was from Detroit and were playing in the SB. Maybe he would for Favre since Favre is one of the top 3 QBs to play the game IMO. I wouldn't put Bettis anywhere near the top 3 RBs to play the game whatsoever.

I don't like the Steelers and would love to see them get stomped by, IMO, a more deserving team and coach.

February 1st, 2006, 10:03 pm
Megatron

February 2nd, 2006, 9:02 am
Site Admin

Well, I think that Jim Rome put it in perspective a bit...Detroit also gave the key to the city to the one and only...Saddam Hussein :shock:

http://www.timeenoughforlove.org/saved/ ... it1980.htm

Quote:
Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Saddam received key to city of Detroit in 1980

Iraqi Embassy squires Detroit pastor, other Chaldeans on a paid trip back to homeland

By Jennifer Brooks / The Detroit News

Pastor Jacob Yasso, right, of Detroit's Sacred Heart Parish traveled to Iraq to give the keys to the city of Detroit to Saddam Hussein.

DETROIT -- Saddam Hussein has collected many things in his 24-year reign -- palaces, enemies. And the key to the city of Detroit.

"It is very strange, thinking about it now," said Pastor Jacob Yasso of Detroit's Sacred Heart Parish, who presented the key to the city, along with the compliments of then-Mayor Coleman A. Young, to the Iraqi leader in 1980. One of the mayor's staff gave Yasso the key as a courtesy to the city's Chaldean community.

"Now, you must remember that in those days, Saddam Hussein was a puppet. He was an American puppet," said Yasso, who leads the Chaldean Catholic parish on Detroit's west side.

In the 1980s, Iraq and the United States were allied in their mistrust of Iran.

Even so, Yasso was surprised by his warm welcome in Baghdad in 1980. This welcome came from the same regime that denounced Yasso for speaking out from his pulpit against the nationalization of Iraq's schools. The Iraqi embassy squired Yasso and a delegation of 25 Chaldean Catholic on an all-expenses-paid trip to the homeland to celebrate Sacred Heart's 50th anniversary.

Saddam gave Sacred Heart something else: a check for $200,000 that paid off the church's debt, with enough left over to build a parish center. "Today, we use the center to teach American citizenship classes," Yasso said.

The priest still remembers his final words to Saddam.

"'Mr. President, we would like to have our Iraq in faithful hands,' I told him," Yasso recalled. "And he told me, 'Iraq is in faithful hands.'... I would like to know why he has done this to his people."

February 2nd, 2006, 9:35 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Does anyone else wish Joey Porter would shut the hell up?

This guy is just low class.

He's been going on and on all week about Jerramy Stevens and his comment about Bettis and how it's great he's a HOF'er and will be in a SB before he retires, but he won't go home winning one.

Steelers | Porter continues war of words
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:07:01 -0800

Pittsburgh Steelers LB Joey Porter continued his war of words with Seattle Seahawks TE Jerramy Stevens Thursday, Feb. 2. He referred to Stevens as "soft" and went on to comment that it took Stevens several years to see significant playing time despite being a former first-round draft selection.

Steelers | Porter looking for Stevens on Sunday
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 21:18:27 -0800

Paul Zeise, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers LB Joey Porter is going to look for Seattle Seahawks TE Jerramy Stevens after his comments Tuesday, Jan. 31. Porter said, "Now I'm looking for him on game day; now I'm looking for Stevens. He has to line up in front of me, and that information you gave me just got me started; so I'll be out there looking for him at the 50-yard line. That information will go a long way because he can't hide from me. He has to line up in front of me, and I'll remind him of [what he said] every time I put him on his back." Porter also said that Stevens wasn't good enough to speak about anything and that he hadn't earned the respect of anyone yet. "He hasn't done anything that makes anybody fear him, while Jerome is a Hall of Famer and everybody knows about him. Meanwhile, this guy is almost a first-round bust who barely made some plays this year," said Porter.

How does Porter go public and say "this guy is almost a first-round bust who barely made some plays this year." That's just low class and pathetic IMO.

February 2nd, 2006, 2:36 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If Porter tried to lay out Stevens to tackle him, and Stevens just broke it and ran for a TD. I want to see that.

Seriously, someone should shut Porter up. I'm surprised Cowher or Bettis haven't been able to.

February 2nd, 2006, 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

I'll will give Porter credit for not saying anything until this other moron opened his mouth. All week long the reporters were trying to bait Porter and he flat out told then unless you drop teh mother of all qestions you're not getting anything from me. He did exactly that and wasn't baited by any of the media.

February 2nd, 2006, 4:20 pm
Varsity Captain

I dont really think Kwame should have said what he did but Bettis has really said good things about the city of Detroit and i can see why the Mayor said what he did.

I am rooting for the Steelers, and the reason has alot to do with the fact that Detroit and Pittsburgh are very closely connected and share the blue collar background, and the Steelers are a team that really epitomizes that gritty, working class attitude.

As for Porter, i think he has a big mouth but he plays hard and most of the time backs it up, he surely did with his comments about the Colts being soft.

February 4th, 2006, 5:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]