View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 3:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Rice, Law released 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Rice, Law released
Jerry Rice was released by the seahawks today, the speculation is that the 49ers will sign him and he will announce his retirement.

Also ty Law was released from the Patriots, im sure his injury's, cap number, and history will Belichick has something to do with this

Add M. Muhammed from Carolina to this list.

Seems like its gonna be a busy offseason

February 25th, 2005, 5:12 pm
QB Coach

Chad Scott and ex-Wolverine Jay Riemersma were released from the Steelers today, as well.

I wonder if the Lions are going to give Hakim his walking papers, or just wait until we find a replacement for him first.

February 25th, 2005, 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I wonder if the Lions are going to give Hakim his walking papers, or just wait until we find a replacement for him first.

I don't see the point to drop Hakim yet, I have a number of reasons why:

1) Waiting doesn't cost you anymore, in fact I think the cap hit might be less after 6/1.

2) Hanging onto Az allows the Lions to see what they can do in FA or the draft to address the #3 WR spot. If they fail to address the spot in either area they still have Rogers and Williams starting with Hakim as the #3 - not bad.

3) If you do sign a #3 guy (and there are lots of them out there), then Hakim loses all his leverage.

Then he either re-signs for less $ and is potentially the #4 WR (in which case they are solid at least 1-4) or you release him, free up more cap space after the summer and camp players are released and pick up one of those who might help you (aka Big Daddy 2 years ago).

Then again, its the Lions and they might not think it through this much. The other thing I like about keeping Az on the roster now is because he eats up a nice chunk of the salary cap - so its $$$$ that other FA players we negotiate with can't try to take it now. The Lions can unload Az at a later time and free up the cap space when they need it.

I also think that Az is a capable #3 WR and a fantastic #4 guy if that happens.

February 25th, 2005, 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]