View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 11:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Bears, Bucs, Steelers signings 
RIP Killer

Post Bears, Bucs, Steelers signings
Bears sign M. Muhammad to a 6 year deal I believe. The Bears might actually have an offense next year, especially if they take a RB at the #4 pick (and do something with their horrible O-line).

Griese and the Bucs agree "in principal" to a 5 year deal.

Bettis signs 1 year deal with Pittsburg.

February 27th, 2005, 11:02 am
Site Admin

Yeah...Griese is pretty much off the market it seems.

February 27th, 2005, 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Other news: Marshall Faulk agreed to re-constructure his deal.

February 27th, 2005, 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

I am surprised that an AFC team didnt go after Moose. Especially after what Owens did vs the Pats in the Super Bowl. I would think that someone looking to push past the Pats would go after him but now a noncontender pulls him in. Gives Grossman something to work with, I guess. Kinda weird though for a rebuilding team to give a long term contract to a 31 year old?

February 27th, 2005, 7:01 pm
RIP Killer

With the Bears signing of MM, the Vikings now sit at the bottom of the NFCN in terms of WR talent - who would have thunk it. This move could end up helping the Vikes though as the Bears may well pass on Edwards or Williams in the draft and one of those players could now fall into the Vikes lap.

February 28th, 2005, 10:28 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

With the Bears signing of MM, the Vikings now sit at the bottom of the NFCN in terms of WR talent - who would have thunk it. This move could end up helping the Vikes though as the Bears may well pass on Edwards or Williams in the draft and one of those players could now fall into the Vikes lap.

I disagree.

Bobby Wade is the Bears #2 man with the Terrell cut, and he just doesn't cut it in the NFL as anything more than a #3 or #4 wide receiver.

I still think the Vikings are going to be alright at wide receiver... Nate Burleson and Marcus Robinson are fine receivers, and if Kelly Campbell finally gets his head on straight, he could turn out to be alright.

As for WRs in the NFC North, I'd say Green Bay is #1, Detroit will be #2 with Rogers healthy, Minnesota #3, and Chicago #4.

February 28th, 2005, 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]