View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 9:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 WR Moves - Mason/Terrell 
RIP Killer

Post WR Moves - Mason/Terrell
From what I've heard, the Steelers have signed Mason (Titans) to a multi-year deal.

And in NFCN news from the Bears official site:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=6920

Bears release wide receiver Terrell
By Larry Mayer
February 28, 2005

LAKE FOREST, Ill. - The Bears continued to reshape their offense Monday by releasing enigmatic wide receiver David Terrell.

Terrell, who had one year remaining on his contract, never emerged as the type of player the Bears envisioned when they selected him with the eighth pick in the 2001 draft. In 53 career games, he had 128 receptions for 1,602 yards and 9 touchdowns.

Wide receiver David Terrell caught 42 passes for 699 yards and 1 TD in 2004. The move comes two days after the Bears agreed to terms with marquee free agent Muhsin Muhammad, a two-time Pro Bowler who led NFL wide receivers with 1,405 yards and 16 TDs last year while playing for the Carolina Panthers.

"It is unfortunate things didn't turn out better for David in Chicago," said general manager Jerry Angelo. "Our decision to release David had nothing to do with his passion for the game or the effort he gave us on Sunday. He brought a lot of energy to the game. He also was one of our leading contributors in our community programs.

"We were able to add a Pro Bowl wideout this pass weekend, and those types of moves can affect others on the team. We felt it was in our best interest, and David's, to let him go now. He will have the advantage of the full free agency period to find another team and I know many will be interested."

Terrell's four seasons with the Bears were marked by dropped passes, costly penalties and fines for throwing and kicking footballs into the stands.

The former Michigan star also had trouble off the field with arrests in June 2002 after an altercation with a parking valet and last November for several traffic violations.

February 28th, 2005, 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I haven't heard any news about Mason to the Steelers, besides in the About Football forum some rumor was started by a moron.

I am not counting out the possibility of it happening, I just don't think anything has happened yet.

February 28th, 2005, 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I haven't heard any news about Mason to the Steelers, besides in the About Football forum some rumor was started by a moron.

I am not counting out the possibility of it happening, I just don't think anything has happened yet.

I've heard it twice, but not from credible sources. Could be a bogus rumor. Kinda makes sense though for both sides.

February 28th, 2005, 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]