View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 8:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Mexico Cardinals? 
RIP Killer

Post Mexico Cardinals?
ahhh, que bueno! I bet they wish they had a QB named Garcia now...

NEW YORK (AP) -- The first NFL regular-season game outside the United States is expected to take place Oct. 2, when the Arizona Cardinals face San Francisco in Mexico City.

The game is expected to be a Sunday night contest televised by ESPN. It would be a home game for the Cardinals, who rarely sell out their stadium but could draw 100,000 or more in Mexico City.

"We're working on it but it's not finalized yet," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Tuesday.

Commissioner Paul Tagliabue said at his annual pre-Super Bowl news conference that a regular-season game outside the U.S. was likely this year.

Michael Bidwill, Cardinals vice president and general counsel, declined to discuss specifics but told The Arizona Republic that playing such a game is "very unique and appealing prospect."

"It would be a historic and unprecedented event," Bidwill said.

March 15th, 2005, 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If they wanted to appeal to sport to a new nation, they picked the worst two teams to do it with. You wouldn't send a Tigers-Mariners game to Japan. Yo comprendo que Arizona y San Fran son cerca de Mexico, pero no quiero los mexicanos tener una impresi?n mala de f?tbol americano. :D

March 15th, 2005, 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Haha, yeah, I don't think I'd watch that game even if it is in Mexico City and no other games are on at the same time (Oh yeah, plus I live in michigan and the game probably wouldn't start until like 10 or 11 my time)...the Cards and the Niners, yeah, what a game...

Okay, so maybe the Cards might be good enough this year to compete for a divisional crown or maybe a wild card spot, but I don't think Warner is their saving grace and will be fairly unproductive this year as he was last year. The Niners will be 5-11 at best (hey, they can hope, the Dolphins beat the Pats' 2nd stringers).

March 16th, 2005, 8:46 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

going to a diffrent country will be the only way people would pay for a ticket to see those two teams.

March 16th, 2005, 12:04 pm
QB Coach

It would almost be as bad as the Browns vs. Dolphins Sunday Night game, I think it was week 16 that game took place. It was awful, and the announcers were awful as well.

March 16th, 2005, 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

the announcers were awful as well.

Well, when your watching a Browns Dolpins game, you need a little something something to get through it without tearing your hair out and screaming for God to end their pain. :D Not that I would know.

March 16th, 2005, 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]